Pelicans Report

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1361

Thread: 2022-23 Offseason Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Did anybody see the Lithuania game? I didn?t see it but JV was the top scorer and according to reports dramatically outplayed Sabonis.

Big man needs to rest up. Training camp is only in 3 weeks.

Contract negotiations going well with CJ and Nance. Team thinks they will likely get something done with both before or during camp. Years are more the sticking point, not the annual salary
    @mcnamara247

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    What are the frameworks each are working within?

What is the reaction within NBA front offices to an in-season tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Did anybody see the Lithuania game? I didn?t see it but JV was the top scorer and according to reports dramatically outplayed Sabonis.
    Everyone watching Eurobasketball (not just Eurobasket), knew it will not work with Val and Sabonis together. No 3 second rule makes Valanciunas much better player then Sabonis in Eurobasket.
    A lot of people are questioning Lithuania's coach decisions and that some of those are influenced by people on top, including Arvydas Sabonis.
    You can easily see that they are playing much better with only one center at the floor, and there is quite a difference when that center is Valanciunas.

Suns owner banned one year, fined 10 million

https://sports.yahoo.com/phoenix-sun...161151811.html

The investigation revealed the following key findings, as laid out in the report:

Sarver said the N-word at least five times in repeating or purporting to repeat what a Black person said ? four of those after being told by both Black and white subordinates that he should not use the word, even in repetition of another.

Sarver used language and engaged in conduct demeaning of female employees. Among other examples, he told a pregnant employee that she would be unable to do her job upon becoming a mother; berated a female employee in front of others and then commented that women cry too much; and arranged an all-female lunch so that female employees at Western Alliance Bank, where at the time he was CEO, could explain to female Suns employees how to handle his demands.

Sarver commented and made jokes frequently to employees in large and small settings about sex and sex-related anatomy, including by making crude or otherwise inappropriate comments about the physical appearance and bodies of female employees and other women. On four occasions, Sarver engaged in workplace-inappropriate physical conduct toward male employees.

Over 50 current and former employees reported that Sarver frequently engaged in demeaning and harsh treatment of employees ? including by yelling and cursing at them ? that on occasion constituted bullying under workplace standards.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 09-13-2022 at 01:57 PM.

I hope they never win a championship aslong he's still a part of that organization.

Which should be easy because NBA doesn't have parity

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Suns owner banned one year, fined 10 million

https://sports.yahoo.com/phoenix-sun...161151811.html
    slap on the wrist. Should have been much bigger fine and multiple draft picks.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I hope they never win a championship aslong he's still a part of that organization.

Which should be easy because NBA doesn't have parity
    The desire by old white people to use the n-word is baffling. I mean I get it. It can be difficult to wrap your head around the fact that there is a word that YOU are not allowed to use but other people can. Hey, that's unfair! Maybe so, but you're literally a billionaire. Its not a big deal that there's a word you can't use. You'll survive this lack of privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    slap on the wrist. Should have been much bigger fine and multiple draft picks.
    I'm sure he'd rather give up infinite draft picks than the $10MM.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Hahaha. Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I said bigger fine AND multiple draft picks.

Sounds like Sarver was a real rotten owner / boss in a lot of ways. He'll probably be pressured out of his ownership.

But damn, it sure is something to watch the NBA , ESPN talking heads, LBJ all take this public moral high ground, when their biggest business partner, the CCP of China, commits the literal highest level of racism imaginable - genocide (the systematic killing and control of an ethnic, racial, and/or religious group). Uighurs

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-ri...ron-james-nba/

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=uighurs+genocide&ia=web
    Last edited by Rheem654; 09-17-2022 at 12:02 AM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    So is Zion about to show up at media day looking like Duke Zion or is this typical off-season propaganda? Like Ben Simmons wetting threes in an empty gym.

https://theathletic.com/3606269/2022...shared_article

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    So is Zion about to show up at media day looking like Duke Zion or is this typical off-season propaganda? Like Ben Simmons wetting threes in an empty gym.

https://theathletic.com/3606269/2022...shared_article
    Little of column A, little of column B.

Assuming no injuries, I'm sure being in a multi-month dedicated camp prior to the season will bring him to, or close to, his athletic peak. But even if it doesn't, they're not going to say that.
    Basketball.

Season approaching fast. I guess media day is next monday.

Lonzo having knee surgery and out 6 weeks.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Lonzo having knee surgery and out 6 weeks.

Lol
    Why is that funny?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Yeah. I wish no harm on the Ball kid. Honestly I hope he finds success in Chicago. Until he plays us. And then we must crush him utterly.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Why is that funny?
    It's not funny that he's injured, more that we probably win the trade now getting a superb return of Sato and Temple

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It's not funny that he's injured, more that we probably win the trade now getting a superb return of Sato and Temple
    Now that?s funny 😆

Situation in Phoenix seems horribly toxic right now.

We should finish ahead of them

If you really believe that, you should be pounding our over and their under.

Personally, I do not think vibes or press conferences should be used as major insight into a team. At the end of the day, they won nearly 70 games last year and return almost everyone. Assuming average health for both teams, it would be a major upset for Pels to finish with more wins

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If you really believe that, you should be pounding our over and their under.
    I'd rather not have gambling money tied up for 9 months tbh

Especially when the return is less than 2:1

Far better ways to invest than waiting almost a year to see any sort of outcome
    Last edited by AusPel; 09-28-2022 at 11:36 AM.

Thread Information