Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    Memphis is really pissing me off
    Fret not, we have more elite talent than Memphis

Small thing - but you really gotta get Temple off this roster now and add depth at the 4 (if you move Jax) or at the 2. Cant waste another roster spot on a wing who wont play when you have so many of them already. If you can dump him with some cash, along with some 2nds to someone like OKC and then go get a Gary Harris, who can actually play if you need it.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    The only other one I can think of is Walker TexasRanger

His actual name is Cordell Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Are you not not saying we're building a contender?
    My friend, I believe I may be saying that.

It's a lot of ifs, of course. But I think Zion + CJ + Ingram + JV is a very strong top 4, and if Herb, Jose, and Trey can continue on the trajectory they established towards the end of last year and into the playoffs, that's huge. Then if Daniels pays off even just for auxiliary minutes, and we know Nance is a very solid rotation guy, then what's not to like? That's 9 real players.

When is the last time the Pelicans had a team that was 9 deep with legitimate NBA talent, including starting 3 All-stars?
    Basketball.

So it's Melton for Danny Green + 23

Fair

Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    Memphis is really pissing me off
    I just said the same thing. I thought their roster was deep as is. They're adding some great value in the late 1st.

Was hoping Memphis wouldn't end up with Liddell or Beauchamp.

They go the other way and trade Melton. Whom I like a lot as a 2-way player.

Good job.

I am the biggest Daniels fan on here but I cant see him playing this year. Not real minutes, anyway. Trey was better coming into the season, and had less in front of him and barely played. This is a redshirt year for Daniels

His actual name is Cordell Walker
    Lol, glad to see that show made it down under. Hadn't thought of it in years. Did you look up that name, or are you a superfan and knew it offhand?

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Small thing - but you really gotta get Temple off this roster now and add depth at the 4 (if you move Jax) or at the 2. Cant waste another roster spot on a wing who wont play when you have so many of them already. If you can dump him with some cash, along with some 2nds to someone like OKC and then go get a Gary Harris, who can actually play if you need it.
    We also have Kira coming back. Temple and Graham need to be gone ASAP.

I am the biggest Daniels fan on here but I cant see him playing this year. Not real minutes, anyway. Trey was better coming into the season, and had less in front of him and barely played. This is a redshirt year for Daniels
    Possibly, but I'd honestly play him over Temple and Naji.

Mc. Do you have any insight on guys in the late first early 2nd that the Pelicans are high on and could make a move to get them in the right spot? Don't need names just wondering if they like a guy or two that they think could be valuable in that range or is it most likely trade out completely?
    AKA St. David

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Lol, glad to see that show made it down under. Hadn't thought of it in years. Did you look up that name, or are you a superfan and knew it offhand?
    The answers to both your questions are no and yes, in no particular order

Another guy that will get zion the ball..not quite like Zo but similar.

You are probably right (unless there are injuries) but I do want to take a good look at him during summer league (I admittedly have not watched a ton of tape on him).

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    We also have Kira coming back. Temple and Graham need to be gone ASAP.
    Kira was an ACL tear in December. Wouldn't be surprised if he missed the start of the year and we didn't see him until around Christmas.

At that point I don't even know what the spot is for him.

Just took some fairly powerful prescription painkillers for an ongoing issue so if my posting becomes increasingly unhinged from this point on, you know why.

That said, Dyson Daniels for president.

Can we get a late first for Jaxson and take Liddell?

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    Another guy that will get zion the ball..not quite like Zo but similar.
    A back of the napkin comparison is a more offensively confident Lonzo (in the paint), without the 3pt shooting that Lonzo has developed

Also a competent pick n roll guy

I think that's fair

Mac outlined the advantages much better than this a few pages ago

The Franchise
    I think when we need stops, we going to be throwing Daniels and Herb on the oppositions best players. Should be fun.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just took some fairly powerful prescription painkillers for an ongoing issue so if my posting becomes increasingly unhinged from this point on, you know why.

That said, Dyson Daniels for president.
    Painkillers for when you think about how many games we lost last year because of Willie Green's obsession with Garrett Temple? Small world!

If the Pelicans are on 6'8" crack-- San Antonio is on 6'5" heroin.

Possibly the first person I've ever seen to have a christian name of Walker

99.9999% of the time, that is a surname
    What about this guy? And he actually has a New Orleans connection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_Percy

Presti as a double agent working for NY

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Can we get a late first for Jaxson and take Liddell?
    Sounds like it would be Koloko or Moore if we had another pick right now. Sounds like the two highest on our board that we are monitoring

Thread Information