Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    God I hate the goofy g league, which came first?
    Showcase came first, Ignite Tour was after iirc
    Basketball.

Considering we were gonna pick Dieng over Sharoe or Sochan, idk how anyone can complain about Daniels.

The NY crowd booing when they thought their team selected Dieng 11th overall was hilarious. I felt their pain and that was at pick 11, not 8.

Does this board have amnesia? I feel like I am in a parallel universe. I have told you why we didnt like Sharpe for weeks. We have talked about Dyson's game for months. Now everybody is acting like we dint know anything about all this. lol
    @mcnamara247

Oh I like that for Charlotte. That's going to have a lot of lobs and having a good rim protector like Duren works well on a team with some obvious perimeter weaknesses like LaMelo

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I wonder how his medicals came back to teams. That was the only real caveat for me, since we don't have access to that stuff. He had no injury issues in college but he had a pretty bad knee injury pre-college
    His athleticism is gone. Can't play defense. Now looks like he's gonna fall out of the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Oh, thats dirty. OKC was talking to us to trade up to 8 if Sharpe fell, probably knowing we wanted to trade back and get Dieng. All the while, OKC had this lined up with NY to jump back in to 11 and get Dieng. Dirty, but I respect it
    Completely different set of picks in play for each too? That’s crazy

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    His athleticism is gone. Can't play defense. Now looks like he's gonna fall out of the lottery.
    I don't actually buy that as much as some, and I had him top 8 on my board for a reason, but yeah if the medicals came back badly then dropping out of the lottery makes sense.

Kind of MPJ vibes from him actually, in that way.

Does this board have amnesia? I feel like I am in a parallel universe. I have told you why we didnt like Sharpe for weeks. We have talked about Dyson's game for months. Now everybody is acting like we dint know anything about all this. lol
    Some people probably haven't been on the board in awhile, just got on today for the draft. That's the only explanation I can come up with lol. That or amnesia.

Trade time!

Ivey + Cade + Duren is a brutally promising young core. Love that for them.

Now that we have made our pick, can tell you guys about Sharpe and Mathurin. Sharpe agreed to come at first, was going to work out with multiple other prospects. Two days before the workout, his camp cancels, saying they dont think the Pelicans would be a good fit for his client. Later that day, Mathurin's camp says pretty much the same thing, citing lack of minutes and opportunities. Then, later that day, the team was informed a few other guys would still show up but couldnt work out due to injury concerns, fatigue from other workouts, etc. Went from a week they were pumped about to a disaster.

But none of it matters now, they got the guy they wanted.

For me, I'm just confused about them being so enamored with Dieng. I was so excited when Sharpe was taken at 7, because it saved us from Dieng at 8.

Trade time!

Knicks hunting for Ivey

Trade time!

Gordon Hayward dump?

Really strong draft on paper for Detroit.

Showcase came first, Ignite Tour was after iirc
    Eww, it got worse, what the hell happened? Dude if this guy pulls a Ben Simmons, I’m blaming Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    For me, I'm just confused about them being so enamored with Dieng. I was so excited when Sharpe was taken at 7, because it saved us from Dieng at 8.
    He does seem like he's 2 years away from being 2 years away

Cleveland take Agbaji at 14

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I mean, Thunder were enamored with Dieng and many claim they have the best or second best drafting GM in the league. Not like they were enamored with a guy who went 18th

So it's Duren to Knicks, and then Kemba and Duren to Pistons

So what's going back? Or Knicks just clearing space to try and get into the Kyrie situation?

Now that we have made our pick, can tell you guys about Sharpe and Mathurin. Sharpe agreed to come at first, was going to work out with multiple other prospects. Two days before the workout, his camp cancels, saying they dont think the Pelicans would be a good fit for his client. Later that day, Mathurin's camp says pretty much the same thing, citing lack of minutes and opportunities. Then, later that day, the team was informed a few other guys would still show up but couldnt work out due to injury concerns, fatigue from other workouts, etc. Went from a week they were pumped about to a disaster.

But none of it matters now, they got the guy they wanted.
    Really glad we didn't have these guys on the board when we were up, then. We don't need attitude problems with this team. I mean, I get why they think there may not be minutes right away, but that also screams a lack of confidence in their ability and their work ethic. Hopefully they'll be happy in Indiana and Portland.

To all those AJ Griffin lovers, he didn't even get picked in the lottery.

dae, this post us for you!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 06-23-2022 at 08:34 PM.

Good answer from Daniels

I mean, Thunder were enamored with Dieng and many claim they have the best or second best drafting GM in the league. Not like they were enamored with a guy who went 18th
    I'd say the same to the Thunder then. And Shamit. I just don't understand the hype that I was seeing around him, but I'm also not an expert talent evaluator.

If Knicks used Duren to unload Kemba, I have no words

Just a brutal organisation

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    To all those AJ Griffin lovers, he didn't even get picked in the lottery.
    We didnt clear him medically. Had some knee things Nelson didnt like. I am sure other teams had similar concerns

Thread Information