Pelicans Report

Page 135 of 157 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hahahaha. Good luck with that, Chicago.
    Yea they being a bit ridiculous. They need to just take their L and make a trade for the good of the team vibe.

We couldn?t even get a protected first from Chicago for Lonzo (not even Markkanen for Lonzo), yet they want a first for Lauri? Ha. Hahahah.

I apologize if this was said before but the thing about the Pels side is there was no malice. No ill-will. If anything, it's the Pels who were screwed by the Bulls and Rich Paul. If anything, if the Bulls have to give up draft pick compensation, it should go to the Pels. The fact that Lonzo agreed to a contract with the Bulls prior to Free Agency complletely derailed the Pelicans ability to extract any value in a Lonzo sign and trade.

Conspiracy theory, it was Griff who complained to the league about the tampering. Is it coincidence that the two players that the tampering allegations are centered around are also the two players who were the centerpieces of the Pels offseason?

For those into this sort of thing. I personally would be fine just getting a super protected first and calling it a day

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post

For those into this sort of thing. I personally would be fine just getting a super protected first and calling it a day
    I don't get this Hart situation. Has any team asked to pick him up?

Quote Originally Posted by PELSGIRL View Post
    I don't get this Hart situation. Has any team asked to pick him up?
    Apparently the Wolves have "Kicked the tires" on Hart & Schroder. maybe a double S& T for Vanderbilt?

I haven't watched many Wolves games, but has Culver been that terrible? From 6th pick in 2019 to being shopped around for a 2nd rd pick, per reports.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    I haven't watched many Wolves games, but has Culver been that terrible? From 6th pick in 2019 to being shopped around for a 2nd rd pick, per reports.
    His stats from last year look pretty dismal. A little over five points a game and shooting 24% from three. I don’t know how that compares to other second year players, but it looks pretty meager.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    It's because he's owed 6 mil this year with a TO next year for 8 mil. In comparison, Naji Marshall is the same size and only one year older and is making 1.5 mil next season and 1.7 mil the following with a TO for 2 mil in 2023 (wow thats an incredible contract).

Culver last season:
    34 games, 15 mpg, 5.3 ppg, 3 rpg, 1 apg, 41/25/60% shooting

Naji last season:
    32 games, 21 mpg, 7.7 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.8 apg, 39/35/70% shooting

You'd much rather give developmental minutes to Naji on that contract than Culver, imo.

So I'm going to assume Devonte Graham will be the starting pg this year. Not like that is foreign to him since he's started >80% of his games the last 2 years.

That means the thin spot shifts to SG. There is a potential S&T player that would slot nicely right in if they don't bring back Hart. Wont say who that is for fear of the jinx. Plus that potential S&T partner could really use a Josh Hart on it.

Will be interesting to see what finally happens. This Hart situation been eerily quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So I'm going to assume Devonte Graham will be the starting pg this year. Not like that is foreign to him since he's started >80% of his games the last 2 years.

That means the thin spot shifts to SG. There is a potential S&T player that would slot nicely right in if they don't bring back Hart. Wont say who that is for fear of the jinx. Plus that potential S&T partner could really use a Josh Hart on it.

Will be interesting to see what finally happens. This Hart situation been eerily quiet.
    Why is SG thin?

NAW, Satoransky, Temple, Didi, Marshall, Ingram, and Murphy can all play SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Why is SG thin?

This team still makes so much more sense with Hield instead of Sato, all things considered.

This team still makes so much more sense with Hield instead of Sato, all things considered.
    I?m assuming if we trade for Hield, Sato would be going out too but that would make too much sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is SG thin?

And we got Point Zion/Ingram, but hopefully we won't overindulge on that rotation. Put Graham and Murphy out there as catch and shoot threats

Graham, Murphy, and Ingram is a serious catch and shoot threat.

Last year catch and shoot.

Ingram - 42%
    Graham - 42%
    Murphy - 41%

This is some serious shooting.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-10-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    I?m assuming if we trade for Hield, Sato would be going out too but that would make too much sense.

There's a world where you combine Sato and Hart's salaries to trade for Hield without having to take him in the TPE. Then you still have the 17.5 million dollar TPE to play with at the deadline with a lineup of:
    PG- NAW, Kira
    SG- Hield, Graham, Didi
    SF- BI, Murphy, Naji, Temple
    PF- Zion, Herb
    C- Jonas, Jax, Willy

Correct me if I’m wrong but since the Lonzo trade is formal, Satoransky can’t be traded until December, right?

Correct me if I’m wrong but since the Lonzo trade is formal, Satoransky can’t be traded until December, right?

I don't think Shamit has confirmed this quite yet but here's the current hypothetical

Correct me if I?m wrong but since the Lonzo trade is formal, Satoransky can?t be traded until December, right?
    Think you?re right but i am hoping for a loophole since it was in a sign and trade deal. Lol

I don't think Shamit has confirmed this quite yet but here's the current hypothetical
    Good find!

Pels Off season thread

If there's only a 19 day wait until re-aggregation, then the dream still lives. And that would apply to non-Buddy players as well. In other words, if the Hart situation doesn't resolve itself in the next 2 weeks, something is up! https://t.co/Vz1kZF1mQM? Shamit Dua (@FearTheBrown) August 10, 2021
    Shamit confirmed that the 19 day wait is correct in the comments of the original tweet.

There's a world where you combine Sato and Hart's salaries to trade for Hield without having to take him in the TPE. Then you still have the 17.5 million dollar TPE to play with at the deadline with a lineup of:
    PG- NAW, Kira
    SG- Hield, Graham, Didi
    SF- BI, Murphy, Naji, Temple
    PF- Zion, Herb
    C- Jonas, Jax, Willy
    Then who do we trade Temple for with that TPE at the deadline? That?d give us 25.5 million to be able to take on huh? Oh the possibilities!

A small ball line up with Graham , Hield, Ingram, Murphy, and Zion would be wild.

Or go Tall Boi with Point Zion

Zion
    Murphy
    Ingram
    Hayes
    Jonas

Some interesting versatility. Really don't need Lauri if Murphy is really that far ahead of the curve. Just live being smallish, I suppose.

Then who do we trade Temple for with that TPE at the deadline? That?d give us 25.5 million to be able to take on huh? Oh the possibilities!

For the 400th year in a row....you cant combine a salary with a TPE to take on more
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    For the 400th year in a row....you cant combine a salary with a TPE to take on more
    Which is why TPEs are rarely used.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    What are you a vampire? Oh ok well that actually makes me feel better because i wouldn?t want all that salary back anyway unless an expiring. Can we use the TPE to sign someone next offseason?

Thread Information