Pelicans Report

Page 105 of 157 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3922

Thread: Pels Off season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Did my monthly "Can Nikola Mirotić return to the NBA" Google search... Never understood why we traded him. Was that Dell Demps final move?
    Yeah. What's worse is some thought Melli was gonna be like him.
    Disappointing.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Did my monthly "Can Nikola Mirotić return to the NBA" Google search... Never understood why we traded him. Was that Dell Demps final move?
    He wanted to be traded as I recall, and we got 5 second rounders for him. Soon after he went to Europe because that's where he wanted to be. It's not like we really had much of a choice.

Yeah. I recall it was like a "we're letting you go have a chance to compete" type trade like with Jrue.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Forbes to Spurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NBA is an extremely enjoyable league, that markets it?s game horribly.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    He wanted to be traded as I recall, and we got 5 second rounders for him. Soon after he went to Europe because that's where he wanted to be. It's not like we really had much of a choice.
    Yeah, he didn't want to play in the NBA anymore. Why would he when he could go live in Barcelona and get paid 5 million euroes a year to play a lesser schedule in the city that, reportedly, his wife wanted them to live in?
    Basketball.

Was a little painful watching Davion Mitchell tear up those Golden St scrubs last night. They can keep Hield give me that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Was a little painful watching Davion Mitchell tear up those Golden St scrubs last night. They can keep Hield give me that.
    Mitchell is the truth bruh. Wish we could have gotten him.
    I'm a grinder

Griffin striking out on everything. Feels like he didn't think we needed to operate like a small market team. Big mistake it seems.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Griffin striking out on everything. Feels like he didn't think we needed to operate like a small market team. Big mistake it seems.
    If this is a strikeout, then I'm glad he whiffed! CP faded in the finals, and he is going to slowly fade out over the next few years. That contract will be awful sooner rather than later

Hall of Famer Contributor scedotal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    If this is a strikeout, then I'm glad he whiffed! CP faded in the finals, and he is going to slowly fade out over the next few years. That contract will be awful sooner rather than later
    That's what they said last time. This time you are probably right.

Kemba to Knicks

CP3 was instrumental in them getting to the finals. In the games he was guarded by Jrue, he had true, but in the games where Jrue was on Booker, CP3 was still very good. Hell, in games 1 and 2 (both unguarded by Jrue) he averaged 28/4/9 on 56/58/80 splits. Even with the difficult games guarded by Jrue, he was still good enough in games 5 and 6 for his overall finals averages to be 22/3/8 on 55/52/75 splits.

Whether he fades or not in future is no reflection of the season he just had, where he was excellent, and then in the playoffs again where he was excellent, including the Finals.

People have the weirdest winners bias. Like, it's a team sport. The fact that the team lost doesn't mean that CP3 was terrible, he was really elite in 4 of the 6 games, and even in the 2 where he struggled he wasn't horrible. He just couldn't score.

Yeah and the guy that won the Finals we kicked to curb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSP22Xw9gQE

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Haven't read all the messages on this board, but did we have to sign Temple for 3yrs? He's a good vet to have but weird to sign him to a 3 yr deal worth 15 mil
    Yes, because it was a S&T, has to be 3 years (although sounds like last year not guaranteed). He is a league minimum player at this point in his career, so not sure why we overpaid. Assume Griffin felt his leadership in the locker room was worth overpaying for.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

That's a really weird way to spell ''we traded away upon his request to a team that gave him a chance to contend''

Kemba Walker. I understand a buyout on a 20 million dollar contact, but on a 74 million. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post

I can't believe people on here still think this. But I also can't believe half the things I read on here

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    If our team learns to play defense we will be in the playoffs. I have a feeling adding JV and Graham will wear teams out. Offense will be fine and NAW is going to be an all star. I really believe NAW, Hayes, and Kira will be huge next year. Also, having experienced vets who actually play some defense will help. The big question is how will the coaching staff do. Watch, Graham is going to make us forget Lonzo

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    If our team learns to play defense we will be in the playoffs. I have a feeling adding JV and Graham will wear teams out. Offense will be fine and NAW is going to be an all star. I really believe NAW, Hayes, and Kira will be huge next year. Also, having experienced vets who actually play some defense will help. The big question is how will the coaching staff do. Watch, Graham is going to make us forget Lonzo

Bench is a huge question mark as well. A lot of young and unproven guys who will need to step up and produce.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

Most definitely. Our bench is the x factor by a mile. Apparently Didi was putting in the most work with Vinson and Staff. So we'll see how he turns out. Ain't placing too much faith in the rookies just yet. Naw I'm sure will make a big leap. Kira I'm assuming will be a 15/4/3 type of player. Naji is a big question mark for me. We know what he can do, but consistency is what we need.

All in all, our starters are going to put up points no doubt. But our bench is where the defense is the strength however can do some offensive damage. I swear if we can add a defensive big like Jarred Vanderbilt.... This roster will be solidified as a 6th or 7th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Bench is a huge question mark as well. A lot of young and unproven guys who will need to step up and produce.
    The guy we never talk about is Naji Marshall ('Gibraltar). This guy will be a contributor in the NBA for the next 15 years. A coach will be able to put him in the lineup every night and not have to wonder what (s)he is going to get. He is the antithesis to 'flash or crash'. Every twinning team needs these types.

Thread Information