Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: You guys, I think we need to pay Lonzo

He will go to Chicago and they will prioritize Lavine and Vucevic. Or go to NY and Randle and RJ will get the touches. This idea that he will go to some team and they will put the ball in his hands the majority of the time and let him run the show is beyond dumb unless it is the least talented team of all time. Look at any team and it makes more sense to put the ball in several other guys hands as opposed to Lonzo.

His chance to make money in this league and stick is to be a 3-and-D who can push the pace off rebounds. Basically, wing Draymond before he forgot how to shoot. THATS his path but if he wants to try to be Jason Kidd, he can go try that somewhere but I guarantee he wont be in that role for long because they will have better players to create and finish
    @mcnamara247

Stay here, go somewhere else, quit the NBA. Unless he is in the right system he won?t reach his full potential.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He will go to Chicago and they will prioritize Lavine and Vucevic. Or go to NY and Randle and RJ will get the touches. This idea that he will go to some team and they will put the ball in his hands the majority of the time and let him run the show is beyond dumb unless it is the least talented team of all time. Look at any team and it makes more sense to put the ball in several other guys hands as opposed to Lonzo.

His chance to make money in this league and stick is to be a 3-and-D who can push the pace off rebounds. Basically, wing Draymond before he forgot how to shoot. THATS his path but if he wants to try to be Jason Kidd, he can go try that somewhere but I guarantee he wont be in that role for long because they will have better players to create and finish
    It's not about strictly running the team around Zo. But just letting anybody bring the ball up the court to initiate offense is just chaotic. There's no structure. Anybody can get it and run with it. Zo could run more of a Jason Kidd in Dallas role. He wasn't always on ball, but it was clear he was the PG. Running Zion and Brandon at Point all game, asking them to create all of the offense and then be stoppers on defense just doesn't make sense.The idea should be to get some easy baskets for Zion and BI not overwork them on offense, asking them to do everything. Especially when you have a PG who is more than capable of running an offense and is an elite passer with elite IQ. Bledsoe runs more point than Lonzo, that's a clear problem.
    Last edited by HoustonPelicans; 04-20-2021 at 12:45 PM.

What exactly has the # 2 Overall Pick in the 2017 Draft accomplished?

I think it's fair to say he has learned how to be an average shooter.

His only real bargaining chip is that he's probably better than the first overall pick of the 2017 NBA Draft (but his agent should not mention the third or 13th pick during any contract negotiation).

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    What exactly has the # 2 Overall Pick in the 2017 Draft accomplished?

I think it's fair to say he has learned how to be an average shooter.

His only real bargaining chip is that he's probably better than the first overall pick of the 2017 NBA Draft (but his agent should not mention the third or 13th pick during any contract negotiation).
    Denver really screwed that up by trading #13. A trio of #13, Joker, and Murray would win a few titles.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Denver really screwed that up by trading #13. A trio of #13, Joker, and Murray would win a few titles.
    Yep one of the most one side trades in NBA draft history. It ranks right up there with....

NO Jazz - LA Laker Trade: Magic for Gale Goodrich
    Charlotte Hornet - LA Laker Trade: Kobe Bryant for Vlade Divac

Basketball Guru
    let lonzo go and get rid of bledsoe the best way we can....

move ingram to the 2 spot......throw money at duncan robinson and see if miami match it....throw a contract at dennis schroeder and see if he take it...hell he do play defense...

schroeder
    ingram
    robinson
    zion
    adams

i can live with that to start the season off......naw,,hayes,,marshall and others to round out the bench.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    let lonzo go and get rid of bledsoe the best way we can....

move ingram to the 2 spot......throw money at duncan robinson and see if miami match it....throw a contract at dennis schroeder and see if he take it...hell he do play defense...

schroeder
    ingram
    robinson
    zion
    adams

i can live with that to start the season off......naw,,hayes,,marshall and others to round out the bench.....
    Hell, I'd take Elfrid Payton (a local) over anything we have on our team right now at the 1.

Hell, I'd take Elfrid Payton (a local) over anything we have on our team right now at the 1.
    Would you say that if he weren't a local? He is not an upgrade. We need to move Bledsoe and Ball for an upgrade.

Time for Jimmertime

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would you say that if he weren't a local? He is not an upgrade. We need to move Bledsoe and Ball for an upgrade.
    I disagree. As I said, he would be an upgrade from anything we have on our team. Maybe not a long-term solution, mind you, but better than any point we have on our team right now
    Last edited by As I See It; 04-20-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Time for Jimmertime
    I thought you would never say it.

Make it happen.

You guys, I don't think we need to pay Lonzo

His shot has improved, but you'll never ever see him get a shooters roll. It's either in or it's out. It's a perplexing jumper in that it kind of looks sound now, but you wouldn't call it pretty like a Dame or Steph or Joe Harris.

And then there's all the other deficiencies. I'm happy to let him walk

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

His shot has improved, but you'll never ever see him get a shooters roll. It's either in or it's out. It's a perplexing jumper in that it kind of looks sound now, but you wouldn't call it pretty like a Dame or Steph or Joe Harris.

And with that, the circle is complete.

Likewise, I am okay with him sticking around, but don't feel like we need to match a huge contract offer if one came along. I'm okay either way.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You dont build a scheme around an average to below average player - to make him the best he can possibly be. You do that for stars. I mean, I am sure there are ways we can make Adams look much better, but you dont make that a priority.

He has failed in numerous opportunities, in different roles. And if he showed ability to be as great as this guy thinks he can be in those moments when he was playing other ways, a coach would bend over backwards to design a team around him. But I guarantee you he will never be the player this guy seems to think he can be and the blame will always be on someone else. Like there is some great talent underneath it all and there is a conspiracy to hold him back
    The concept of Lonzo Ball being held back is what LaVar is speaking into existence. Lonzo is obviously just not that good and never will be. We will learn about David Griffin’s talent evaluation and managerial acumen by how he handles Lonzo this offseason.

Ah. So we are all finally in agreement. Took long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Ah. So we are all finally in agreement. Took long enough.
    Well you know, took everyone March to shake off the February funk that had them fooled.
    Basketball.

I like him a lot and at times it came together, but I just can’t see it. The consistency isn’t there and he is a bit fragile mentally. Even in a contract year, he is really struggling to stand out and impress and he wants big money. That is a red flag.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post

Like it always feels like he's shooting it too hard. Like he's sling shotting the thing in there.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Read it again. Read it twice. Nowhere in anything I typed, did I say YOU are weird. I said some of the takes on this board around Ingram are weird, and they are. I gave a few numbers to illustrate what I meant to support that.

Lots of players lose games in last minutes. Did you see Giannis with Milwaukee last night? I almost felt bad for him because that was not pretty. Ingram has also won some games with big shots recently.

This team has lots of issues to sort, but Ingram isn't one of them.
    I just don't see the team buying into the coach's defensive philosophy. You expect a struggle with a new system, but not last or close to last in the league. I generally like Van Gundy. And maybe my expectations were unfairly high for at least the playoffs, but this team is much further from that reality than I thought.

There is something wrong with this article dated today. Can anybody spot it?

https://fadeawayworld.net/2021/04/26...or-lonzo-ball/

Basketball Guru
    There is something wrong with this article dated today. Can anybody spot it?

https://fadeawayworld.net/2021/04/26...or-lonzo-ball/
    at glance...

i see lonzo in 5 different jerseys and none of them are ours lol....

the writer thinks lonzo is a 3rd piece to move those teams into good playoff runs....

thinks lonzo is the playmaker that will make everybody around him better...

think lonzo is a good defender that will make a team that play defense better...

i didnt go deep into it so help me see it.......im just ready for a new season...

at glance...

i see lonzo in 5 different jerseys and none of them are ours lol....

the writer thinks lonzo is a 3rd piece to move those teams into good playoff runs....

thinks lonzo is the playmaker that will make everybody around him better...

think lonzo is a good defender that will make a team that play defense better...

i didnt go deep into it so help me see it.......im just ready for a new season...
    Daniel Gafford doesn't play for the Bulls.

Basketball Guru
    Daniel Gafford doesn't play for the Bulls.
    yeah he was a draft deadline trade to Washington .....

so did the writer not do his homework before he wrote this or was this a deal before the deadline that was offered for lonzo?....

yeah he was a draft deadline trade to Washington .....

so did the writer not do his homework before he wrote this or was this a deal before the deadline that was offered for lonzo?....
    He screwed up because this is exact paragraph that suggests a sign and trade....

"Coby White has potential as a shooter and scorer, but he probably won’t be the playmaker or defender that Lonzo is. Gafford is also looking like a starting NBA center, but they have Vucevic taking up the majority of the minutes and that will slow down Gafford’s growth. The Pelicans could use Chicago’s duo to boost their depth and moving Lonzo could be key in the case of a sign and trade."

Thread Information