Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

This is awesome
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    What about Bledsoe and JJ for Kyle Lowry? Lowry is an expiring and I think he?d give you more than what Bled is giving you, while also setting a better example for Kira. He?s a way better fit than Bled.

(I know the salaries don?t line up perfectly. Just keeping it simple for arguments sake)
    I don't think there's really any chance of that.

The Raptors love Kyle. They absolutely love him. And, despite their slow start to the year, they're on track to be a playoff team without too much trouble and, while he's a bit older, the odds that he would re-sign are fairly high because of the strength of Toronto's supporting cast, most of whom are locked up going forward (Anunoby, Pascal, Malachi, etc).

While I don't think he's necessarily untouchable, I do think it would take a mammoth offer to pry him away: something Jrue sized, for example. And are we willing to pay that much to a guy of his age with no guarantee he returns? I would hope not.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

The Raptors love Kyle. They absolutely love him. And, despite their slow start to the year, they're on track to be a playoff team without too much trouble and, while he's a bit older, the odds that he would re-sign are fairly high because of the strength of Toronto's supporting cast, most of whom are locked up going forward (Anunoby, Pascal, Malachi, etc).

While I don't think he's necessarily untouchable, I do think it would take a mammoth offer to pry him away: something Jrue sized, for example. And are we willing to pay that much to a guy of his age with no guarantee he returns? I would hope not.
    Yeah, but I bet they would listen if we toss in the worthless BI to sweeten the pot, huh? Nah, never mind, that wouldn't do it.

Ok so I was basing this off of the big NBA writers and media heads making some noise around Lowry. KOC said that Toronto really wants to get Powell more time and may make Lowry available. KOC usually doesn?t mention things like that unless there?s actually some smoke. They?re not going to be able to keep Lowry past this season after extending FVV and Siakam with a Boucher extension looming.

I think Lowry is the perfect PG to transition the Pels into a contender while grooming Kira to be the PG of the future. I?d be very willing to give him basically the same contract as Bledsoe has remaining at 2/40

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Ok so I was basing this off of the big NBA writers and media heads making some noise around Lowry. KOC said that Toronto really wants to get Powell more time and may make Lowry available. KOC usually doesn?t mention things like that unless there?s actually some smoke. They?re not going to be able to keep Lowry past this season after extending FVV and Siakam with a Boucher extension looming.

I think Lowry is the perfect PG to transition the Pels into a contender while grooming Kira to be the PG of the future. I?d be very willing to give him basically the same contract as Bledsoe has remaining at 2/40
    There may be smoke, sure, I'd be absolutely shocked if teams weren't calling. But here's the thing:

1) The cost. For a contender to trade for him, it's worth giving up everything they can muster because he could be the difference between a ring and no ring. For us, that pricetag is not as worth paying because it doesn't actually buy us anything tangible: we are not a contending team.
    2) They can keep Lowry, of course, for the same reason that any team can keep any vet they've had on contract for years and years if they want: Bird Rights. And teams giving legacy contracts is not new, particularly not when the player in question is still really good. This leads on to:
    3) Toronto are still a good team. Unless they get a ridiculous offer, they have no particular reason to want to move Lowry. If you want him, you best be prepared to pay a lot.
    4) I don't think Toronto is, if the trade actually happens, going to send Lowry anywhere he doesn't want to go, for similar reasons that we didn't just ship Jrue off any ol' place. Does he want to come be shepherd to some youth in New Orleans when he's still capable of contributing to a contender?
    5) He's getting paid more than $20m a year, I'd be absolutely shocked if he got less than $25. You're not getting him on a Bledsoe type contract.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This is awesome
    I’ve got more

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybrd8yk4

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    This is awesome
    Here it is

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybdqdfqc

Last edited by 13 - 3; 02-22-2021 at 04:15 PM.

I think we should trade Lonzo Ball for Steph Curry and then trade Steven Adams for Nikola Jokic and then trade Ingram for Kawhi and we'll be a real contender.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Funny thing is you were being serious about the first one but you’re trying to play it off with the second one lol

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Funny thing is you were being serious about the first one but you’re trying to play it off with the second one lol
    We can dream on that second one at least lol.

I think we should trade Lonzo Ball for Steph Curry and then trade Steven Adams for Nikola Jokic and then trade Ingram for Kawhi and we'll be a real contender.
    Wait no Durant?

Apt!!

Trash begets trash.

The talk in this thread has sunk to the level of our team's play. SMH

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    What about John Collins? Any interest on our part there? I guess you'd move BI to 2 and just be super long. I don't hate it. I'd think being so long overall would help overcome defensive issues a little.

p.s.- tried to search older posts more about it but it seems the search function basically just doesn't work? nothing I type in comes back with anything.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    What about John Collins? Any interest on our part there? I guess you'd move BI to 2 and just be super long. I don't hate it. I'd think being so long overall would help overcome defensive issues a little.

p.s.- tried to search older posts more about it but it seems the search function basically just doesn't work? nothing I type in comes back with anything.
    I had heard he had butted heads somewhat with Trae Young, but I really like John Collins the basketball player.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

We can dream on that second one at least lol.
    Lol true that

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I had heard he had butted heads somewhat with Trae Young, but I really like John Collins the basketball player.....
    He's supposed to be available for the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Apt!!

Trash begets trash.

The talk in this thread has sunk to the level of our team's play. SMH
    We won Sunday

We won Sunday

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

So tired of people complaining. There is no perfect GM. We have a promising young team with so much potential it’s crazy and loaded with draft picks. I’m excited for the future. We’re also witnessing historical greatness in Zion

So tired of people complaining. There is no perfect GM. We have a promising young team with so much potential it’s crazy and loaded with draft picks. I’m excited for the future. We’re also witnessing historical greatness in Zion
    Yes, I agree; his defense is historically awe-inspiring.

Same goes for your IQ

Same goes for your IQ
    You mustn't agree that his defense is historically awe-inspiring!!!

I thought I was only agreeing with you.

HMMM
    Last edited by As I See It; 02-22-2021 at 09:52 PM.

To be fair the Brooklyn Nets D is bad too.

realistic trade target?

Harrison Barnes
    PJ Tucker
    Derrick Rose

Any other name that I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    realistic trade target?

Harrison Barnes
    PJ Tucker
    Derrick Rose

Any other name that I'm missing?
    Beal?