Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    1. We , or anyone else, need an ELITE guard to win in today's NBA. (and yes labron plays guard realistically)

2. We need an elite scorer from the arc added to our starting unit.

3. The whole 'waiting' thing is flawed because zion may or may not even be worth max money when his turn comes around.

make the trade now
    What trade?

What trade? whichever comes along from bradley beal to zach levine..... to whoever. Of course you don't give the same thing due to one isnt as good as the other

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    What trade? whichever comes along from bradley beal to zach levine..... to whoever. Of course you don't give the same thing due to one isnt as good as the other
    Oh OK, I was confused when you said make the trade now, so you are just asking for a trade.

I'm ever so slowly creeping towards the "The Pels should hold out until Lillard becomes available" camp

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I'm ever so slowly creeping towards the "The Pels should hold out until Lillard becomes available" camp
    The problem is that there's no sign yet that that will happen within the next 2, 3, 4 years. Of course it always could, but Lillard has never stopped re-committing himself to Portland, and their FO seems quite content to just be a good playoff team every year even if there's no clear championship path.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The problem is that there's no sign yet that that will happen within the next 2, 3, 4 years. Of course it always could, but Lillard has never stopped re-committing himself to Portland, and their FO seems quite content to just be a good playoff team every year even if there's no clear championship path.
    The question I ask myself is if I?m willing to wait 1-2 years to see what happens and miss out on guys like Bradley Beal. I think the answer is yes but I?m not positive. Its kind of the Celtics conundrum, right?

The other question is can I trade for Bradley Beal and still trade for Lillard later. That answer may be yes as well but it would probably cost Beal or Ingram plus assets

The Franchise
    As a small market team you take what becomes available and go all out. I thought we made a good deal with cousins. If he doesn’t get injured I think we have a better season. I’ve been on the Beal train even when he had the ankle injury. He fits a need offensively but we still need a lot of help defensively.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Just wait. We may end up with a good player this year if/when we don't make the playoffs. Our growth is slow but showing improvement. Any/all of Lonzo/Bledsoe/Redick look expendable though. Would give the young guys burn too. Would be nice to get whatever late picks/bodies you can get for them now and let Naw/Kira get a lot of burn. Continue the evaluation, take the presumed top 15 pick+ this year then next year entertain conceptually a big move. If it doesn't materialize you still have plenty of time.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Yo, don't get my hopes up man lol
    Last edited by wuggie; 01-20-2021 at 04:22 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

If only "ScoopB" had a shred of credibility.

Yeah my bad, I should have added
    ''The source for this is Scoop B, so it's almost certainly just him making stuff up, as usual''. My bad.

Just thinking, if those teams were interested in Ball, what kind of deals would you want from them? What good assets do they have?

Something for the trade machine later lmao

Knox for Ball seems fair

Let's get rid of them both......

Knicks Get
    Eric Bledsoe
    Lou Williams
    Daniel Oturu

Clippers Get
    Lonzo Ball
    Kevin Knox ll

Pelicans Get
    Frank Ntilikina
    Luke Kennard
    Mfioundu Kabengele

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5fy3ryg

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Man, is there anyway we can get Lou Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Knox for Ball seems fair
    Knox is an interesting figure. Here are his stats for his first two seasons (140 games):

9.9pts/3.7rbds/1.0ast on 36.7/33.7/69.7 shooting. Net Rating of -21, TS% of 47.4%, -1.2 total Win Shares, -5.2 BPM. Just over 3000 minutes.

Here are his stats so far this season:

7.7pts/2.7rbds/0.9asts on 41.7/41.8/80.0 shooting. Net Rating of -7, TS% of 55.53%, +0.4 total Win Shares, -1.3 BPM. Only about 300 total minutes.

If you trade for Knox, you're essentially betting that the efficiency improvement he's shown so far is legitimate and that he can therefore be a sort of reasonable shooter at his size based on a super small sample: he's been taking about 4 threes per game so far this year. Then again, on the other hand, if he fails is he worse than Ball? Could be addition by subtraction where just getting Ball out of the rotation to free up legit minutes for NAW and Kira helps more than adding Knox does.

It wouldn't be my first thought, but I can see the process behind it. Knox legitimately had been awful before this year though, so it's a huge gamble.

Knox is an interesting figure. Here are his stats for his first two seasons (140 games):

9.9pts/3.7rbds/1.0ast on 36.7/33.7/69.7 shooting. Net Rating of -21, TS% of 47.4%, -1.2 total Win Shares, -5.2 BPM. Just over 3000 minutes.

Here are his stats so far this season:

7.7pts/2.7rbds/0.9asts on 41.7/41.8/80.0 shooting. Net Rating of -7, TS% of 55.53%, +0.4 total Win Shares, -1.3 BPM. Only about 300 total minutes.

If you trade for Knox, you're essentially betting that the efficiency improvement he's shown so far is legitimate and that he can therefore be a sort of reasonable shooter at his size based on a super small sample: he's been taking about 4 threes per game so far this year. Then again, on the other hand, if he fails is he worse than Ball? Could be addition by subtraction where just getting Ball out of the rotation to free up legit minutes for NAW and Kira helps more than adding Knox does.

It wouldn't be my first thought, but I can see the process behind it. Knox legitimately had been awful before this year though, so it's a huge gamble.
    Exactly my thoughts.
    NOLA wont pay Ball and the Knicks won't pay Knox.
    We need to free up playing time for NAW and Lewis and if Knox pans out its gravy.

Exactly my thoughts.
    NOLA wont pay Ball and the Knicks won't pay Knox.
    We need to free up playing time for NAW and Lewis and if Knox pans out its gravy.
    It's also worth noting that you do kind of kick the can down the road with having the pay-up or have someone walk. Knox is only in his 3rd year, whereas Lonzo is in his 4th. If you don't resign or trade Lonzo this year, he just walks. With Knox, that same situation doesn't happen for another year so you get a little more time to see if his shooting is an actual thing.

It's also worth noting that you do kind of kick the can down the road with having the pay-up or have someone walk. Knox is only in his 3rd year, whereas Lonzo is in his 4th. If you don't resign or trade Lonzo this year, he just walks. With Knox, that same situation doesn't happen for another year so you get a little more time to see if his shooting is an actual thing.
    And also allows us some cap space to sign a min big if we need to fill the 15th roster spot

I got no interest in that. We have 48 minutes of C in the form of Adams and Jax, and if we ever have foul issues and need a 3rd, Hernangomez exists. Plus Zion gets occasional minutes at the 5 as well. No need for another big.

If you were to trade for Knox, you'd be putting him in as a backup 4 basically, and never seeing Melli again. Thank god.

I got no interest in that. We have 48 minutes of C in the form of Adams and Jax, and if we ever have foul issues and need a 3rd, Hernangomez exists. Plus Zion gets occasional minutes at the 5 as well. No need for another big.

If you were to trade for Knox, you'd be putting him in as a backup 4 basically, and never seeing Melli again. Thank god.
    Was just an example to use a min big as there a decent ones on the market.
    Anyone who can play.
    At the moment this team goes 7 deep.

Was just an example to use a min big as there a decent ones on the market.
    Anyone who can play.
    At the moment this team goes 7 deep.
    Sure, but if we're looking for new figures really it's SG and SF for me. C is fine, flawed but I see the strategy. PF obviously there's Zion and in this situation Knox would be a flyer at that position. PG would have Bledsoe and Kira and sort-of-NAW as options to spread the minutes (unless we also move Bledsoe but that's another discussion).

So you're left with SG and SF, where you have the Molding Remains of JJ Redick and Hart who is good as a hustle/energy guy but is kind of a tweener and not really fully suitable for SF. So that's the avenue I'd be looking at with trying to pick someone up.

Dangling Redick on the market, possibly with some seconds attached, to see if you could get anything of potential value back is a possibility.

If he works out, he could get starter-type minutes because he could fill the need for a Back Up 3, also.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If he works out, he could get starter-type minutes because he could fill the need for a Back Up 3, also.
    I'm a bit more sceptical about him at the 3, I don't really think he has the defensive footspeed for it, but I suppose against only backups it might be more viable. Again, this is assuming that the shooting holds up cause without it he's really pretty awful.

Thread Information