Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade thread for all the insane trades y?all got

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Bulls would laugh at that trade. At least Lauri can shoot.

The Hornets (Ball for Graham, Monk, and a 2022 protected 1st)

or

Knicks (Ball for Knox, Dennis Smith, and a 2022 top 10 protected 1st)

make the most sense as trade partners for Ball.
    It’s not what I’d like but it could be part of a bigger package. My trade was moving the first we get from the team along with a few more for Beal. The players are just to make money work.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    We need what Meli was suppose to be kind of player. Woods would be the guy if we kept him. Collins from ATL would be nice. If Collins is the player we need around Zion then I don?t mind paying 20 million a year or even matching if he is that good.

Markkanen is to injury prone for me.
    Collins is a player I really like but that I don't see ATL giving up.

He's a really fun offensive player and he can shoot a little bit. Mediocre to poor defender but still, we're at a point where accumulating talent matters more than fit in most cases.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Collins is a player I really like but that I don't see ATL giving up.

He's a really fun offensive player and he can shoot a little bit. Mediocre to poor defender but still, we're at a point where accumulating talent matters more than fit in most cases.
    Why would we have the cap space to sign Collins?

Are you thinking renouncing Ball and JJ?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Why would we have the cap space to sign Collins?

Are you thinking renouncing Ball and JJ?
    Collins is still on rookie deal for like 4 million. His issue is he wants max money next year.

Collins is still on rookie deal for like 4 million. His issue is he wants max money next year.
    That's true

We need to improve our guard rotation anyway

That's true

We need to improve our guard rotation anyway
    This is true, it's just td mentioned Collins so he was the subject at hand I guess.

So I ran a search on Basketball Reference looking for ideal guards.

My general search terms was for guys who are under the age of 30, are shooting at least 36% from 3, 44% from the floor, and 70% from the line, and had an AST% of at least 20%. Minimum of 180 minutes played. These are the names you get.

- Kyrie Irving
    - Malcolm Brogdon
    - Khris Middleton
    - CJ McCollum
    - Bradley Beal
    - Fred Van Vleet
    - Tyrese Haliburton
    - Darius Garland
    - Devin Booker

Obviously, most of these names are entirely unattainable. Phoenix is not trading Booker. Indiana are not trading Brogdon.

So my next concern was okay, but maybe some guys are having rough starts to the year. Who are the players in the league that met those criteria last season? If you run it for 2019-20 (upping the minutes minimum to 500), you get pretty much the same guys for the most part, but you add

- Damian Lillard
    - Kawhi Leonard
    - Donovan Mitchell
    - Delon Wright
    - Zach Lavine
    - Monte Morris
    - Tyus Jones
    - Dennis Schroder
    - Dejounte Murray.

I am honestly shocked at how few of these 44/36/70 guys who can pass there are in the league. Legitimately surprised. These are not mega-high benchmarks.

The vast majority of these guys are just complete unattainable in trade, and of the ones who are potential trade targets most of them just aren't good.

Not gonna lie, I would trade Lonzo for Monte Morris straight up and ask no questions if Denver would even entertain the thought.

The Franchise
    This is true, it's just td mentioned Collins so he was the subject at hand I guess.
    Markkanen was brought up and I’m not fired up about injury type players so I brought him up as the type of player I’d like. I’d love to take a chance on claxton too from the nets.

But would really really love to upgrade our SG. I’m moving everyone that potentially won’t be here next year to do it. (JJ, Bledsoe, Melli, and Lonzo)

Like Lavine on above list.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Markkanen was brought up and I?m not fired up about injury type players so I brought him up as the type of player I?d like. I?d love to take a chance on claxton too from the nets.

But would really really love to upgrade our SG. I?m moving everyone that potentially won?t be here next year to do it. (JJ, Bledsoe, Melli, and Lonzo)

Like Lavine on above list.
    I think DG tipped his hand a little when he said BI is a shooting guard. I'd much rather see the Pelicans trade for a bigger SF and slide Ingram down to the SG to have to defend there and not at the SF spot.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I think DG tipped his hand a little when he said BI is a shooting guard. I'd much rather see the Pelicans trade for a bigger SF and slide Ingram down to the SG to have to defend there and not at the SF spot.
    I've often thought along the same lines as we're set at the 4 and 5.

A 6'8-6'9ish guy who can defend and space the floor is not going to be easy to find

Reddish would have been nice *lesigh*

I've often thought along the same lines as we're set at the 4 and 5.

A 6'8-6'9ish guy who can defend and space the floor is not going to be easy to find

Reddish would have been nice *lesigh*
    NBA players (min. 200 minutes) in the league this year between the ages of 18 and 31, between 6'7 and 6'10, who shoot at least 37% from 3 and have a STL% of at least 2%:

- Gordon Hayward
    - Larry Nance Jr
    - Paul George
    - Ben Simmons
    - Anthony Davis
    - Kevin Huerter

Trade4Huerter Season

I would actually really like to have Huerter btw. I don't think Atlanta would move him but he's a career 38.5% three point shooter on about 730 attempts, he's only 22, he's a career 79% FT shooter, who has a career 2:1 AST:TO ratio, and who is a semi-reasonable team defender.

Not sure what it would take to pry him loose but he'd be neat to have. Would add some spacing and passing without utterly annihilating the defense completely.

In fact I'm on the train now.

Lonzo 4 Huerter.

In fact I'm on the train now.

Lonzo 4 Huerter.
    Would be like winning the lottery

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Dial me in on this.

Reddish has 19, 5 and 4 steals

Reddish has 19, 5 and 4 steals
    But has otherwise been really horrific offensively this year.

Buy now, buy low.

Anyone want a Lonzo?

But has otherwise been really horrific offensively this year.

Buy now, buy low.

Anyone want a Lonzo?
    How bout PJ Washington then

The Franchise
    What do y’all think it would take to get Reddish and Huerter? Prob need another team like maybe the Nets and Levert? To me, the Hawks need role players that don’t need the ball.

What do y’all think it would take to get Reddish and Huerter? Prob need another team like maybe the Nets and Levert? To me, the Hawks need role players that don’t need the ball.
    Both of them? Probably too much.

One of them? Probably quite a bit but it might be worth it.

The thing about Beal that I think a lot of people are underestimating is how excruciatingly bad his defense is. It's bad this year, and it was arguably bottom 5 in the entire league last year. Yes, he's a very very good scorer but that's his only outlier skill and while that is obviously very valuable I'm not sure I want to sink tons and tons and tons of assets into it when he's on a massive contract, and we already have guys under contract going forward who we see as top level scoring options in Ingram and Zion.

It feels like the kind of move you make when you're really going for it and you're cashing in all the chips to add The Guy who turns you into a contender. Not the kind of move you make when you're still this far away.
    Disagree that Beal is a terrible defender, career wise. Up until the past few seasons when he's been playing on bad teams and increasing his creation load dramatically, he's always graded out as a neutral-positive defender. In NO he won't be asked to carry such a load and he'll be playing on a team that will allow him to focus more on D as in the past. IMO he's absolutely a top 15 player and you make that deal everyday and twice on sundays. Honestly not even sure we can get Beal without adding NAW/Kira as well.
    Last edited by Funcrusher; 01-09-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Huerter would be a nice target but may cost a bit. Hawks may could be coerced to trade him for the right deal given they now have Bogdan and Reddish is getting more minutes. My guess is they would not be interested in Ball, so would have to be a 3 team deal and provide them with pick(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Disagree that Beal is a terrible defender, career wise. Up until the past few seasons when he's been playing on bad teams and increasing his creation load dramatically, he's always graded out as a neutral-positive defender. In NO he won't be asked to carry such a load and he'll be playing on a team that will allow him to focus more on D as in the past. IMO he's absolutely a top 15 player and you make that deal everyday and twice on sundays. Honestly not even sure we can get Beal without adding NAW/Kira as well.
    I would not call Beal a top 15 player whatsoever. Top 20, probably, top 25 definitely, but absolutely not top 15.

The ''Beal is not a bad defender. Okay he is, but only recently when he's been asked to be the guy'' argument is not very convincing to me. Why would I shell out a near Harden sized trade package for a dude that I'm hoping can be a reasonable defender again if he's only tasked with being the second or even third option? Especially for $34m.

I would not call Beal a top 15 player whatsoever. Top 20, probably, top 25 definitely, but absolutely not top 15.

The ''Beal is not a bad defender. Okay he is, but only recently when he's been asked to be the guy'' argument is not very convincing to me. Why would I shell out a near Harden sized trade package for a dude that I'm hoping can be a reasonable defender again if he's only tasked with being the second or even third option? Especially for $34m.
    Weren't you just advocating for Collins, who wants max money and is a notable terrible defender?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Weren't you just advocating for Collins, who wants max money and is a notable terrible defender?
    He's a poor defender absolutely, but anyone who thinks he's one of the 5 worst defenders in the entire league at any position (which Beal currently is, and has been for a while) is, I think, being a touch harsh.

Also, the money is a concern for me, absolutely. I'm not gunning for Collins, I don't think we should cash out to acquire him, and I'm not calling him a top 15 player. I just said I like him. Which I do.

Thread Information