Pelicans Report

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    ok, ill revise. Adams, coming off of injuries in the playoffs this year was slow and groundbound to the point of being rendered useless on D in the playoffs. That initial post was hyperbole and i apologize. But he was literally played off the floor against the rockets, who i know went really small, but weren't some unbeatable death line against bigs. Rewatch the series. Man had no ability to move laterally, constantly late on rotations, hardly any lift as rim protector. And he was injured, i realize that. But that's my point. All the things you said only really apply when he's healthy, and at this stage he rarely is. He's basically a more oft injured faves.
    Sure he has limitations, I wouldn't put eggs in his basket, but he's an expiring for this year and would be a good gap filler. Obviously it depends on the cost, I wouldn't pay big for him, but his deep playoff limitations don't bother me when we're a team that might easily not be a playoff team at all.
    Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Can't remember his exact words but he has mentioned playing him off ball in a sort of 'wing' type manner, or something to that effect. Which is fine, that's the best way to use Lonzo in the half court imo. That doesn't mean he likes him, but he's obviously not gonna tell us if he DISlikes him, is he?
    That would be the most hybrid role i've ever seen. 3 and D SF role in the half court and PG in the full court?

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    That would be the most hybrid role i've ever seen. 3 and D SF role in the half court and PG in the full court?
    It would certainly maximise his strengths.

Knicks continue their disappointing draft.

Payton Pritchard:

But hey, he'll be a Celtics fan favourite for *some reason*
    Is that "some reason" code for something nefarious? Of course it is, huh? But, I'm the hater in the forum. LMAO!!

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    It would certainly maximise his strengths.
    I guess he could play Point Forward on fast breaks?

If you don't love a player at 24 (and I would have liked Hampton if we hadn't taken Kira), I am good with this. I want to give us ammunition to upgrade our team starting in 2022-2023 or so when Zion and Ingram are hitting their prime. Remaining as liquid as possible until then makes sense as an asset play, as well as in terms of how many young guys we already have on the roster. I would have preferred another team because I think Denver is likely to still be really good in 2023, but I really do get not taking another first round pick there in this draft.

Edit: Several other people said the same thing.
    Last edited by Biasvasospasm; 11-18-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Robert Woodard is still available too. I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Is that "some reason" code for something nefarious? Of course it is, huh? But, I'm the hater in the forum. LMAO!!
    Pritchard is white, Celtics fans love white players, it's a meme.

Seth Curry going to 76ers

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    That would be the most hybrid role i've ever seen. 3 and D SF role in the half court and Point Forward in the full court?
    Imagine Ball's pin point passing with Kira streaking down the court or zig zagging around players.

Ball and Zion often had TOs where they made a great play but their team mate didn't react fast enough to catch it.....Kira is the type that can keep up with him.

But SVG likes to play inside out in half court so expect the bigs to have the ball a lot.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    Robert Woodard is still available too. I like him.
    I've seen him described ''precisely fine'', which I largely agree with

Interesting

Oturu apparently going to the Clippers in a trade, not sure what's going back to NY

Sure he has limitations, I wouldn't put eggs in his basket, but he's an expiring for this year and would be a good gap filler. Obviously it depends on the cost, I wouldn't pay big for him, but his deep playoff limitations don't bother me when we're a team that might easily not be a playoff team at all.
    Yeah, my original post shouldn't have been so harsh. I don't really have a problem with going after him, just the idea of giving up ANY significant assets to do so.

I?ve been watching The Boys. I was looking forward to watching a couple of episodes tonight before bed, but this draft has me stuck checking my phone.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Interesting
    This is great for both sides.

5 picks left until it gets back to us. Xavier Tillman, Grant Riller still on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    This is great for both sides.
    Agreed. The Sixers have acquired Maxey and then two different 40% three point shooters.

Talk about reworking the roster immediately, eh Morey?

Interesting
    Good for him. Now Doc can keep his eye on his daughter and son in law, unlike the Paul George situation.

I have learned never to cheer for a certain player in the second round. Consensus falls apart and so it never works.

Pritchard is white, Celtics fans love white players, it's a meme.
    That's bold!! But, hey, it's all good; whatever floats your boat.

Memphis came into this draft with ONLY the 40th pick and they've walked out with Bane and Tillman.

What a goddamn result for them. Wow.

Interesting
    Cuban being Cuban

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information