Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2020 NBA Draft Thread

Really good pick for them. He'll fit great there, gives them some team defense, secondary playmaking, and a lot of shooting versatility.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Saw on Twitter that Kira is excited about being fairly close to his home in Alabama.
    He played for Avery Johnson... a New Orleanian. I'm sure Avery will make him even happier about being here.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    What's your point. Adams is literally slow and groundbound to the point of being practically useless on D, (beyond rebounding) I'd rather just resign Favs than give up assets for him.
    This is literally just not true. He's actually a fairly capable defender, has good hands and lateral mobility, very high IQ. Screens well on both ends. Not some switchable guy or anything but he's fine on defense.

I like how we're collecting a lot of distant picks. The value in this, at least a part of the value in this (other than trade tools) is that just as guys like Zion are hitting their extension and our cap space starts to get squeezed, we have a way to filter in more talent on the team. Super important.

I wonder what the protection is and if we ever end up getting the pick. I wish we would of kept RJ. The only problem is that him and NAW are kind of the same type of player being a taller combo guards.

I like how we're collecting a lot of distant picks. The value in this, at least a part of the value in this (other than trade tools) is that just as guys like Zion are hitting their extension and our cap space starts to get squeezed, we have a way to filter in more talent on the team. Super important.
    Griff ain't lying when he talks about "longevity" of the franchise

That's fine

Tillman, Riller, continue the slide

Well, at least someone else saw something in Payton Pritchard too. WHEW!!!

I'm loving it.

It seems like Griffin may have a "New England Patriot's of the NBA" strategy where we trade back to keep maximizing our assets. In this case, it's getting to a deeper draft but it's a great strategy for a small market team.

Edit: You said similar while I was slowly typing this out.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Gotta say it’s refreshing to have some decision makers that take the long view. Even if it gives me less to be immediately excited about.

Does Gundy envision Lonzo as a 2? Or does Gundy envision Lonzo as a number 2?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I'm loving it.

It seems like Griffin may have a "New England Patriot's of the NBA" strategy where we trade back to keep maximizing our assets. In this case, it's getting to a deeper draft but it's a great strategy for a small market team.
    It's a good tactic. If you don't like the value at 24 this year, why not essentially just move it for a pick that could well be at 24 or so as well, just a few years on? Kick the can down the road.

As predicted
    So, we are probably getting the same pick in a better draft. Hopefully.

Or also nothing because Nuggets could easily just implode.

C: Hayes
    PF: Zion, Melli
    SF: BI, Hart
    SG: JJ, NAW
    PG: Lonzo, Bledsoe, Hill, Lewis

Now we just got to move two of those point guards and sign us a center in free agency

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Can't remember his exact words but he has mentioned playing him off ball in a sort of 'wing' type manner, or something to that effect. Which is fine, that's the best way to use Lonzo in the half court imo. That doesn't mean he likes him, but he's obviously not gonna tell us if he DISlikes him, is he?

Damn the shooters I really liked go back to back pretty much

Damn I liked Vernon Carey as well to give us a center
    Last edited by DaPelFromHell; 11-18-2020 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Somewhere I think he mentioned envisioning Lonzo playing some wing.....or did I dream that?

Edit: Dae is outtyping me......you on some extra earl grey this British AM? Lol

Not a fan of that, but hey whatever

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Somewhere I think he mentioned envisioning Lonzo playing some wing.....or did I dream that?
    Then we are not moving Lonzo

This is literally just not true. He's actually a fairly capable defender, has good hands and lateral mobility, very high IQ. Screens well on both ends. Not some switchable guy or anything but he's fine on defense.
    ok, ill revise. Adams, coming off of injuries in the playoffs this year was slow and groundbound to the point of being rendered useless on D . That initial post was hyperbole and i apologize. But he was literally played off the floor against the rockets, who i know went really small, but weren't some unbeatable death lineup against bigs. Rewatch the series. Man had no ability to move laterally, constantly late on rotations, hardly any lift as rim protector. And he was injured, i realize that. But that's my point. All the things you said only really apply when he's healthy, and at this stage he rarely is. He's basically a more oft injured faves.

6 picks until ours, and Tillman, Riller, Merrill all still on the board. I would prioritise Tillman, but I like the other two as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    So, we are probably getting the same pick in a better draft. Hopefully.

Or also nothing because Nuggets could easily just implode.
    In that case the pick usually moves to another year unprotected.

Can't remember his exact words but he has mentioned playing him off ball in a sort of 'wing' type manner, or something to that effect. Which is fine, that's the best way to use Lonzo in the half court imo. That doesn't mean he likes him, but he's obviously not gonna tell us if he DISlikes him, is he?
    If Lonzo keeps improving his 3 ball, it makes sense. Both do well in transition and the hope is Kira could make up for the half court prowess Lonzo lacks.

Thread Information