Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: October 7th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Atlanta Hawks - Preseason - 0-0

I see y’all still on the Melli situation, right? Lol have fun with that one fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    lmfao, I love you guys

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Hi!
    wellllllll you I can I can take or leave lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by jawznola View Post
    Agreed, plus it was obvious that a few guys needed to get in better basketball shape. I can only see more intensity as the season progresses, especially from Zion as he gets his legs up under him. Jrue really looked like a special player out there and I can tell the guys trusts him as the leader and most talented player on the team.

It was the Hawks, but the Pels put it away by the 3rd... Can’t wait until everybody really gels.
    Yea I completely agree! Many of them had to save some energy for offense which is expected as these guys become better conditioned. Ingram is another I expect to really need the conditioning since he basically wasn’t able to walk fast or even shoot a ball until very recently. He was told to do literally nothing from last season to just recently. He looks much better then I expected this soon but I expect his defense to get more and more aggressive as his legs get under him. I think Lonzo is another to expect some progression from as the season gets going. His ankle stopped him from lots of leg work for a few months but one positive is he was able to develop his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And you've been on the site longer than him so he can't disagree with you. That's the rule, apparently.
    I don’t see where he said this. He simply said he’s not just a casual fan because he has been here since 2011. He got attacked for having an opinion by not being a huge fan of Melli and wishing we had Mirotic who he thought fits great.. Not other way around. I agree he’s not just some casual fan just because he doesn’t post 10 times a day. I don’t agree with him but didn’t attack him for an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    wellllllll you I can I can take or leave lmfao

??????

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea I completely agree! Many of them had to save some energy for offense which is expected as these guys become better conditioned. Ingram is another I expect to really need the conditioning since he basically wasn’t able to walk fast or even shoot a ball until very recently. He was told to do literally nothing from last season to just recently. He looks much better then I expected this soon but I expect his defense to get more and more aggressive as his legs get under him. I think Lonzo is another to expect some progression from as the season gets going. His ankle stopped him from lots of leg work for a few months but one positive is he was able to develop his shot.
    Right, the commentators were even surprised at his jumper, it’s only getting better as the season matures. Another thing is once Zo really gets to know everybody’s spots, he’s going to be dangerous. Obviously they took it easy to avoid any injuries, but man you gotta be excited seeing how well they all played with every little practice as a unit.

I'm really looking forward to this season.
    Basketball.

I don’t see where he said this. He simply said he’s not just a casual fan because he has been here since 2011. He got attacked for having an opinion by not being a huge fan of Melli and wishing we had Mirotic who he thought fits great.. Not other way around. I agree he’s not just some casual fan just because he doesn’t post 10 times a day. I don’t agree with him but didn’t attack him for an opinion.
    Please get rid of the traitor of your avatar

Right, the commentators were even surprised at his jumper, it’s only getting better as the season matures. Another thing is once Zo really gets to know everybody’s spots, he’s going to be dangerous. Obviously they took it easy to avoid any injuries, but man you gotta be excited seeing how well they all played with every little practice as a unit.
    Yea that starting unit is going to be so much fun to watch. I think the bench will be very exciting as well in its own way. The starting group just compliments each other so well with every player having special skill sets that are different from the guy next to him. They all have a special role in the starting lineup. I’m also excited to see some potential lineups with Zion at the 5 and Ingram at the 4 while bringing in another guard like NAW/Reddick/Hart in place of Favors to play with Jrue and Ball. Going to be a very fun season!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Please get rid of the traitor of your avatar
    Holy!! How did I let that happen! I wish I could find a Zion picture like that! Going to look for something cool now! Thanks!

Exactly, appreciate the logic. I thought as a basketball forum, we’re entitled to talk all-things-basketball as guys usually do, including voicing an unfavorable opinion. Geez.

I used to see people say some wild stuff, especially regarding trade scenarios but who man I to claim that they’re not a real fan just because of that? Anyway, y’all be cool. Shoutout to Melli, hope he proves me wrong.

He’s going down as one of the best of all time around the rim.

I've heard this team is "interesting" about 10xs tonight alone.

These "analyst" really dont know what to make of this team. Tonight only furthered the confusion.

They need the Pelicans to look bad to they can relax. LOL

Exactly, appreciate the logic. I thought as a basketball forum, we’re entitled to talk all-things-basketball as guys usually do, including voicing an unfavorable opinion. Geez.

I used to see people say some wild stuff, especially regarding trade scenarios but who man I to claim that they’re not a real fan just because of that? Anyway, y’all be cool. Shoutout to Melli, hope he proves me wrong.

Haha yea don’t let that scare you away! Most here understand others opinions especially yours which has nothing remotely wrong with it especially compared to some of the things said here. Melli still has lot to prove to me but after watching his film and what he has done so far I have seen along with the ringing endorsements from coaches and teammates I like what we got. More athletic and better passing version of Mirotic imo.

https://youtu.be/WXkdgtK_1jA
    Nico Melli highlights
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 10-07-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Obviously it's only a single pre-season game.I am not trying to argue that these stats are going to represent the full year. Not for a moment. They won't.

But, if you were to average these stats for an entire season you would have:

- The fastest pace in NBA history
    - A slightly above league average offense
    - The best defensive rating in NBA history
    - The 18th best offensive rebounding season in NBA history

Obviously that is not going to happen but still, tells you how much we dominated ATL tonight

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I've heard this team is "interesting" about 10xs tonight alone.

These "analyst" really dont know what to make of this team. Tonight only furthered the confusion.

They need the Pelicans to look bad to they can relax. LOL
    Analysts absolutely love the Pelicans

Not sure what analysts you're talking about. Maybe the terrible ones that ESPN hires or whatever.

But John Hollinger (inventor of PER) loves us, Jacob Goldstein (inventor of PIPM) likes us a lot, Brian Schroeder (prominent draft analyst) loves us, Bryan Toporek and Mort Jenson from bballwriters have us as a top 5 League Pass team that could potential make the playoffs, Cole Zwicker thinks we're an outside playoff team with one of the top 3 young cores in the NBA, etc etc etc.

Analytics people love Zion, they love Jrue, they love Kenrich, they love Favors, etc, ergo, they love us.

Holy!! How did I let that happen! I wish I could find a Zion picture like that! Going to look for something cool now! Thanks!
    Anyone have a Zion avatar that fits?

Trae Young was 1-6 from deep on 40% shooting. And that includes some sneaky minutes against backups. Lonzo/Jrue bothered him on many possessions.

BI shot 4 threes in 23 minutes and was 50%. Exactly what I expect and dont see that changing when the real bullets start.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar

you are more than entitled to your opinion, and no matter the response to it, nobody can take it away from you.... now with that said, despite a very mediocre shooting night, Melli showed what a valuable addition he will be to this team... I would be shocked if his shot doesn't fall with much more consistency soon and I very much expect him to earn your respect before too long....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Trae Young was 1-6 from deep on 40% shooting. And that includes some sneaky minutes against backups. Lonzo/Jrue bothered him on many possessions.

BI shot 4 threes in 23 minutes and was 50%. Exactly what I expect and dont see that changing when the real bullets start.
    You expect him to shoot 50% from three? Jesus, and I thought I was being harsh on the guy ...

You expect him to shoot 50% from three? Jesus, and I thought I was being harsh on the guy ...

I'll take the smiley face as sarcasm...for your sake.

I don't want to get too caught up in preseason or anything, but the Pels are winning 74 games this season

Thread Information