Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141373531755823105

Memphis has traded guard Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz for Grayson Allen, Kyle Korver and Jae Crowder, the 23rd pick in Thursday's Draft and a future first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN.
    Good. Finally dumping Rubio is what's gonna get them over the hump. 4 on 5 basketball just doesn't work anymore with points.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    [/I]

Yeah, we know. We were talking about how unless Ainge pulls something serious, he's gotta be under the spotlight right now.

Passed up on trading for Paul George for Jaylen Brown. Passed up on trading for Kawhi for Terry Rozier. Passed up trading for AD for Tatum.

Now Horford and Kyrie are walking in the same off-season. Pressure's on for Ainge.
    Ainge no sunshine when he's gone

And he's always gone too a-long

Every time, he goes away
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-19-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Ainge no sunshine when he's gone

And he's always gone too long
    I think they saw this coming last week. They could not convince Davis to stay in Boston. Backed off trade.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I think they saw this coming last week. They could not convince Davis to stay in Boston. Backed off trade.
    I think you mean couldn't convince Kyrie to stay.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pels4Life View Post
    https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1141373531755823105

Memphis has traded guard Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz for Grayson Allen, Kyle Korver and Jae Crowder, the 23rd pick in Thursday's Draft and a future first-round pick, league sources tell ESPN.

i wonder would it take a 2nd to get crowder from them since they are going rebuild mode.....ingram and crowder would cover us at SF this season...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Rockets are going to have to attach assets to move Chris Paul. That's gotta be embarrassing for someone like him.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Rockets are going to have to attach assets to move Chris Paul. That's gotta be embarrassing for someone like him.
    Chris Paul publicly demands a trade in 3...2...1...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they cannot find another team willing to do it.

CP3 never wins a championship, so surprising...

This is amazing.

Knicks thought they were getting Zion, KD, and Kyrie.

They're gonna get RJ Barrett, Julius Randle, and Demarcus Cousins
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

This is amazing.

Knicks thought they were getting Zion, KD, and Kyrie.

They're gonna get RJ Barrett, Julius Randle, and Demarcus Cousins
    That’s not a terrible consolation.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Broken down Boogie who can't defend me let alone an NBA caliber player, Julius ''No Defense'' Randle (probably on a max or near-max contract) and RJ Barrett, who I thought was a shaky pick at #3 in this draft.

Yeah, that's some massive, MASSIVE steps down from Zion, KD, and Kyrie.

If signing Zion, KD, and Kyrie was an A+ offseason, ending up with RJ, Randle, and Cousins is a D grade at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    I actually like Julius Randle without implying he is in the same league with Zion, KD and Kyrie. He is a good young player. Cousins is Cousins. But Randle and Barrett should play well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee2000 View Post
    I actually like Julius Randle without implying he is in the same league with Zion, KD and Kyrie. He is a good young player. Cousins is Cousins. But Randle and Barrett should play well together.
    It'll be a fantastic competition of ''who can crash into the paint and figure out what to do once we get there'' the best.

I think the Pelicans have a potential power forward to run the floor in Cheatham, the kid from Arizona State. But I fully expect them to find a veteran or two up front. I am all in for role guys that will not rob the bank.

Basketball Guru
    well AD has waived his trade kicker and the lakers are trading 3 players to Washington so now the lakers have the money to sign a max player......if washington taking on those 3 players,,i wonder is beal is in play if the wizards are rebuilding...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

Anthony Davis does what others tell him.

Rich Paul: "Waive your kicker"
    AD: "yes sir, whatever you say. Also, can you pick out my clothes for me?"

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    well AD has waived his trade kicker and the lakers are trading 3 players to Washington so now the lakers have the money to sign a max player......if washington taking on those 3 players,,i wonder is beal is in play if the wizards are rebuilding...
    I doubt they get Kawhi. It is rumored they could be targeting Butler. However, if they miss on him, who are they clearing the cap for? Are they the Horford stealth suitor?

Completely gutted roster with no cap OR DRAFT PICKS for the forseeable future... I like this...

The Franchise
    AD has to be the dumbest person on earth. Paul got him to give up Supermax contract and now 4.5 mil to help Leboo.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post

Anthony Davis does what others tell him.

Rich Paul: "Waive your kicker"
    AD: "yes sir, whatever you say. Also, can you pick out my clothes for me?"
    He just did, lebron is giving his 23 to AD...

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I doubt they get Kawhi. It is rumored they could be targeting Butler. However, if they miss on him, who are they clearing the cap for? Are they the Horford stealth suitor?
    im talking about beal in play for us.....

the lakers seems like they are getting Russell...it make sense because i dont think the others FA are going there and russell can play the PG for them.....

AD must be getting that 4mil from the space jam movie lol smh.....i wouldnt be surprise if lebron give him the 23 jersey next....

Leave it to stupid Washington. And they have to send cash to the Pelicans and only receive a future 2nd. Why would those clowns do that?

Miami proved you can win a title with three stars and filler, so there is a precedent for putting a team together that way. They could win a lot of games if they add a third star, but they would also be one injury from oblivion.

I am sure that Rich Paul and Lebron have found another way to slip this money to AD to help the Lakers' cap situation. Something like....here's $4 million for your role in Space Jam 2.
    AD's bank accounts need to be audited by the NBA later this year. And the players' association needs to raise a big stink over a player just giving up $4 million that he is contractually owed.
    Last edited by Spec3333; 06-27-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Thread Information