Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: What trade packages, not just for AD, do you want? What’s realistic?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    4 Way Deal of the Day

Celtics
    Davis
    Biyombo
    MKG

Hornets
    Horford

Wizards
    Smart
    Hill
    Kings Pick (projected to be 14th)
    Future Memphis pick

Pels
    Tatum
    Beal
    Hornets Pick (projected to be 12th)

Pels roll out 2019/20 with:

Jrue/Frank
    Beal/Moore
    Tatum/Kenrich
    Randle/Brandon Clarke (picked at 12 with Hornets pick)
    Okafor/Jaxon Hayes (picked at 9 with Pels pick)
    That would be dope.

4 Way Deal of the Day

Celtics
    Davis
    Biyombo
    MKG

Hornets
    Horford

Wizards
    Smart
    Hill
    Future Memphis pick

Pels
    Tatum
    Beal

Jrue/Frank
    Beal/Moore
    Tatum/Kenrich
    Ok this is hands down my favorite trade! If we can somehow bring in Tatum and Beal I would lose it! That is a championship core that compliments each other so well! Only thing I would change is drafting BolBol at #9 if available. We hit on our draft pick with a big and you will hear people using the Pelicans as a “model” to copy. BolBol imo has the most potential of any big in the draft and could be exactly what we need. If we can come away with one of Ingram/Tatum whole trading for Beal and drafting BolBol! This is a very realistic scenario as we will no doubt have the ammo to bring in Beal.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-03-2019 at 10:05 PM.

The Franchise
    4 Way Deal of the Day

Celtics
    Davis
    Biyombo
    MKG

Hornets
    Horford

Wizards
    Smart
    Hill
    Future Memphis pick

Pels
    Tatum
    Beal

Jrue/Frank
    Beal/Moore
    Tatum/Kenrich
    I’d love this. I was thinking of sending Washington Brown and Moore but this works too. For draft picks I’d prefer wings like hunter and Langford but understand the reasoning for bigs.

Beal, Tatum and the other remaining players on this team would put us around 9-11th in the playoff standings. Then we’d lose Beal when his contract expires in 2yrs. The trade should be for as many young and future assets as possible. Big name rentals is a waste of time imo. Also, anybody who thinks Ainge is giving up the farm for AD if Kyrie leaves, is delusional. Think of it as if you were Ainge. Would you trade your future for a guy who’s said that he wants to A) play with another star and B) playin LA if Kyrie Irving goes elsewhere? Ainge is going to try and move Horford and Hayward. The Pels don’t need and shouldn’t want either.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Beal, Tatum and the other remaining players on this team would put us around 9-11th in the playoff standings. Then we’d lose Beal when his contract expires in 2yrs. The trade should be for as many young and future assets as possible. Big name rentals is a waste of time imo. Also, anybody who thinks Ainge is giving up the farm for AD if Kyrie leaves, is delusional. Think of it as if you were Ainge. Would you trade your future for a guy who’s said that he wants to A) play with another star and B) playin LA if Kyrie Irving goes elsewhere? Ainge is going to try and move Horford and Hayward. The Pels don’t need and shouldn’t want either.
    We need to come out of the AD trade with some youth but getting Beal and some picks would be a great jump start. If Hill went out on the deal then we may have enough for another big time player. Problem with going completely young is Jrue may not be up for that. If Jrue asks out then I’m all for a complete rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I think Beal would absolutely consider resigning here just like Jrue did. When looking at most of the big market teams they likely won’t have room to sign someone like Beal. Adding him along with a stud young SF and our draft pick completely changes this team. I’m sure Beal would be happy to sign with a playoff team offering him a huge contract. I do not agree at all we are the 9-11 seed after adding Ingram/Tatum, Beal, and the 9th pick. We are currently that right now without the addition of two 20+ ppg wings and not to mention a team full of young players that are going to continue to improve. I can’t think of a SG in the NBA that compliments Jrue as well as Beal. That backcourt duo would be amazing! Outside of Curry and Klay there isn’t a better back court in the NBA. Talk about perfect fit for Gentry’s system!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-03-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Thanks NM!! Now I’m gonna be very disappointed if we don’t pull off a trade for Beal!! Gonna be a long off season..

4 Way Deal of the Day

Celtics
    Davis
    Biyombo
    MKG

Hornets
    Horford

Wizards
    Smart
    Hill
    Future Memphis pick

Pels
    Tatum
    Beal

Jrue/Frank
    Beal/Moore
    Tatum/Kenrich
    The Celtics would have no interest in either Biyombo or Kidd-Gilchrist, and certainly not for Horford. That's not really realistic.
    Why don't you cut out the Hornets and let the Celtics give up their Clippers pick (currently 18th) to the Pelicans?
    Last edited by RodyTur10; 03-04-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: spelling error

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RodyTur10 View Post
    The Celtics would have no interest in either Biyombo or Kidd-Gilchrist, and certainly not for Horford. That's not really realistic.
    Why don't you cut out the Hornets and let the Celtics give up their Clippers pick (currently 18th) to the Pelicans?
    If Charlotte does a salary dump for a 1 yr Horford Rental, then Kemba is GONE.

Quote Originally Posted by RodyTur10 View Post
    You are leaving out the Celtics are getting AD in this deal and not just Biyombo and K-G.. Giving up Tatum, Horford, Smart, and a pick while taking on a couple of expiring is a steal for AD. I think there could be more picks moving in a deal like this but for the most part it’s pretty fair compensation imo.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-04-2019 at 10:30 AM.

What about AD to the Suns. He would get to team up with another star from Kentucky instantly giving them a team with 2 cornerstones to build around. We then get Ayton, Jackson or Bridges, and 2 draft picks. They are currently the 2nd worst team in the NBA. This might be my favorite package knowing I would get a super star talent at center and a draft pick that could land another franchise player. I think if the Suns can get AD they have to go for it where he would instantly make them a threat in the playoffs.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-08-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    What about AD to the Suns. He would get to team up with another star from Kentucky instantly giving them a team with 2 cornerstones to build around. We then get Ayton, Jackson or Bridges, and 2 draft picks. They are currently the 2nd worst team in the NBA. This might be my favorite package knowing I would get a super star talent at center and a draft pick that could land another franchise player. I think if the Suns can get AD they have to go for it where he would instantly make them a threat in the playoffs.
    I don't think the Suns do it, personally. But just imagining they did, a deal with Ayton, Warren, and their 1st would be a very good offer I'd be tempted by.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I don't think the Suns do it, personally. But just imagining they did, a deal with Ayton, Warren, and their 1st would be a very good offer I'd be tempted by.
    Yea I don’t know if they would either but I think they would absolutely have to give it strong consideration. It’s possible Ayton never really gets to a level of someone like Embid. AD gives them the best big man in the NBA that can play with Booker for a long time. The Suns have been drafting near the top year after year and it has gotten them nowhere but right back hoping they hit in this years draft. Just another great trade only adding to the numerous other potential great packages. If there was ever a time to trade a player this offseason is about as good as it gets when considering a lot of the real possibilities have great picks and talent.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-08-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea I don’t know if they would either but I think they would absolutely have to give it strong consideration. It’s possible Ayton never really gets to a level of someone like Embid. AD gives them the best big man in the NBA that can play with Booker for a long time. The Suns have been drafting near the top year after year and it has gotten them nowhere but right back hoping they hit in this years draft. Just another great trade only adding to the numerous other potential great packages. If there was ever a time to trade a player this offseason is about as good as it gets when considering a lot of the real possibilities have great picks and talent.
    I think their biggest problem is that they have no reason to think that AD will stay. For NY, they have the possibility of pairing him with Kyrie, or KD, or both, so maybe they do it. Boston has the idea of keeping him with Kyrie, and they're a consistent winner, so maybe they do it. Brooklyn potentially does it because they haven't really had the chance to draft for a while, and they're a young team on the rise so why not. But Phoenix have had every chance to get good, and they've just continually sucked, and even though Booker is good, he's not on that elite top tier level like a KD is, nor is he a proven winner like Kyrie is, nor do they have the winning culture like Boston does. So I don't know if they even consider it a plausible route, to be honest.

Unless Horford is traded to a contender (something crazy like KD wants to go to BOS so they trade Horford and a pick for KD), I believe he'll opt out. He is turning 33 this offseason. He went to Game 7 of the ECF last year. I'm sure he wants to compete for a championship. Still a very good trade idea. Switch Hayward for Horford and it's much more realistic. They'd get out of an extra year of Hayward and probably re-sign Horford to a team friendly deal next offseason.
    Last edited by neitzelbaby12; 03-08-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Welcome to be here

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I think their biggest problem is that they have no reason to think that AD will stay. For NY, they have the possibility of pairing him with Kyrie, or KD, or both, so maybe they do it. Boston has the idea of keeping him with Kyrie, and they're a consistent winner, so maybe they do it. Brooklyn potentially does it because they haven't really had the chance to draft for a while, and they're a young team on the rise so why not. But Phoenix have had every chance to get good, and they've just continually sucked, and even though Booker is good, he's not on that elite top tier level like a KD is, nor is he a proven winner like Kyrie is, nor do they have the winning culture like Boston does. So I don't know if they even consider it a plausible route, to be honest.
    Does not any team that AD goes to have 5% or is it 10% birds on him?
    If so, I've gotta think that LAKERS are not etched in stone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Does not any team that AD goes to have 5% or is it 10% birds on him?
    If so, I've gotta think that LAKERS are not etched in stone anymore.
    If AD cared about money he'd stay here since we can offer the super max. Birds Rights probably mean very little to him in regards to raises year over year and the extra year probably isn't important to him either since he will most likely go the KD / Lebron route of signing shorter deals. Especially for his next contract so he can become a free agent again when he's got 10 years of experience and get a bigger pay increase.

Well obviously AD would have to give the Suns some kind of reassurance he’s willing to resign there. When he says he’s willing to sign with 29 other teams I don’t see how you can count Phoenix out any differently when he could team up with a good friend of his who is Kentucky alumni. Let’s not dig to deep into every single thing I say. The Suns have just as much as a chance as just about any other team and unlike many actually have the assets to get it done. How many players are on KDs level? Less then a handful. Booker is just 22 years old and right on the cusp of being elite. I don’t think AD would question if Booker has enough talent cause he’s not “KD” good.. Around the same age Kyrie was not a winner and Booker was playing at a higher level. Kyrie became a winner when Lebron came back. If Booker were given a similar opportunity with a player of ADs caliber maybe he could be considered a winner as well. Situations aren’t even remotely comparable.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-08-2019 at 05:46 PM.

I'm so sick of hearing AD needs to give this team or that team re-assurance. That's their problem. Make an offer or move along. I understand that teams aren't likely to throw the farm at us for him if he makes public declarations about not re-signing but that is their risk and teams that want a shot will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I'm so sick of hearing AD needs to give this team or that team re-assurance. That's their problem. Make an offer or move along. I understand that teams aren't likely to throw the farm at us for him if he makes public declarations about not re-signing but that is their risk and teams that want a shot will take it.
    past 2 years neither the thunder nor the raptors needed reassurance but now all of a sudden they need it for ad lol nah

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Yea it has been proven over and over again when great players hit the trade markets teams will take the risk making the deal to have the chance to keeping that player. I trust when GMs say this stuff more then people here and David Griffin or one of those GMs on TV was talking about this the other day. Good example was Leonard who has never given the Raptors any hint he would resign yet they were willing to trade the face of their franchise locked up for multiple years for a complete unknown on an expiring deal. Paul George is another who by every indication was a guarantee to be a Laker but the Thunder took the risk because of the reward. The market for AD will be maybe the most competitive it has ever been for any player.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-08-2019 at 08:14 PM.

It also depends on fit. The Raptors and Thunder were Kawhi and PG fit perfectly on and were in positions to win. The Hawks, Suns, and Bulls aren't in positions to win immediately if they get AD. Also, the bidding was not as high as AD's will be. The Paul George deal was seen as highway robbery at the time. Oladipo blossomed in Indiana but people initially laughed at the trade. AD demands big assets and to end up somewhere he will win immediately (except maybe the Lakers). There aren't many teams that fit that mold. I think it's Boston, New York, Denver, both LA teams, and maybe Brooklyn. And that NY, LAC and BRK all depend on signing another max player which can be a crapshoot. AD doesn't want to play with a bunch of 19-22 year olds. This is the biggest contract of AD's career, he is absolutely going to go to a team that has a legitimate chance to re-sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    It also depends on fit. The Raptors and Thunder were Kawhi and PG fit perfectly on and were in positions to win. The Hawks, Suns, and Bulls aren't in positions to win immediately if they get AD. Also, the bidding was not as high as AD's will be. The Paul George deal was seen as highway robbery at the time. Oladipo blossomed in Indiana but people initially laughed at the trade. AD demands big assets and to end up somewhere he will win immediately (except maybe the Lakers). There aren't many teams that fit that mold. I think it's Boston, New York, Denver, both LA teams, and maybe Brooklyn. And that NY, LAC and BRK all depend on signing another max player which can be a crapshoot. AD doesn't want to play with a bunch of 19-22 year olds. This is the biggest contract of AD's career, he is absolutely going to go to a team that has a legitimate chance to re-sign him.
    Who cares what AD wants? If a team like Phoenix is WILLING to try him out with a bunch of young players, and is willing to give good assets to do that, then what AD wants is extremely far down on my list of priorities. Now, I don't think PHO would do that, but if they do, then that's all that's required.

Remember that any trade that is done will very probably done before the moratorium lifts on July 6th, meaning before free agents are signed. That means that teams wanting AD won't be dependent on signing other players: rather, they could easily believe that HAVING AD makes it more likely that they WILL sign another player.

Who cares what AD wants? If a team like Phoenix is WILLING to try him out with a bunch of young players, and is willing to give good assets to do that, then what AD wants is extremely far down on my list of priorities. Now, I don't think PHO would do that, but if they do, then that's all that's required.

Remember that any trade that is done will very probably done before the moratorium lifts on July 6th, meaning before free agents are signed. That means that teams wanting AD won't be dependent on signing other players: rather, they could easily believe that HAVING AD makes it more likely that they WILL sign another player.
    I understand what you're saying and I agree. If someone like Phoenix or Chicago blows me away with an offer, I take it. It just won't happen. My point isn't that we should appeal to his needs. My point is realistically, a team he most likely won't re-sign with is not going to risk its future to trade for him. My concern is not what AD wants but what AD wants gives you a better idea of who will bid.

Again, I agree. Just saying getting max players can be tricky game.

If AD wasn’t willing to give a team like the Suns consideration he would have never said he’s willing to listen to 29 other teams. He has already said he wants to be traded so why say 29 teams when it doesn’t benefit where he wants to go. Why not say there are about 10 teams he would be interested in signing an extension with which would only benefit him that way he’s not sent to Orlando. Not saying he gets traded to the Suns but unlike many of those 29 teams they have some very good reasons for AD to actually consider staying. Booker 22 and AD 25 gives you 2 young corner stones to build around that can win for a long time. They have a few other pieces like TJ Warren, Kelly Oubre Jr., and Tyler Johnson that can play important roles and will continue to improve. The Suns have one of the best training staffs to keep AD healthy and is also a place some players love to live. They have a good young GM in James Jones who could be someone AD will get along with and buy in on them building something special that is a year or 2 away from competeting for NBA Championships. They instantly become a top destination for the best coaches. Maybe Calipari? They will be a place FAs will want to go to and win. Maybe Boogie signs for a fair deal? Butler? Tobias? Kyrie? Durant? Just don’t know how anybody could say they aren’t a place AD would have in his top 7 teams he would actually consider signing with.

Ayton/Jackson/Bridges/Holmes/1st round pick for AD is a very fair and good deal for both sides.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yyrl6exc
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-09-2019 at 03:44 AM.

Thread Information