Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: AD Will Not Sign Extension, Requested Trade

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This could and should be the best thing that happens to basketball in NOLA. So long as we clean house and hire competent people. Hopefully Lady Benson hires a smart basketball executive and then gets out of his/her way.
    This.

Don't be short sighted, people.

The Bensons have always had us competing and with hope. Some of you guys didn't know the Shinn era. Wow.

The big question to me is "how long will AD play nice?" He is being super cool and classy, so far. It allows us to get maximum value. We can wait until July and start letting suitors fall all over themselves to get him. Come out with a nice package that sets us up for the future. Or he can start playing malcontent and sink his value. Force us to take whatever the Lakers offer (or whomever he demands go only play for).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The Knicks have the ability to end this today.

Send the Pelicans Knox, Hardaway Jr., Lee, Porzingis, this year's pick unprotected, and lottery protected 2021 pick. They get the superstar in his prime that they've been wanting. And have an easy path forward where they can sign TWO of KD, Kawhi, or Kyrie this summer. They would expect that 2021 pick to be in the late 20s.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 01-28-2019 at 12:06 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This.

Don't be short sighted, people.

The Bensons have always had us competing and with hope. Some of you guys didn't know the Shinn era. Wow.

The big question to me is "how long will AD play nice?" He is being super cool and classy, so far. It allows us to get maximum value. We can wait until July and start letting suitors fall all over themselves to get him. Come out with a nice package that sets us up for the future. Or he can start playing malcontent and sink his value. Force us to take whatever the Lakers offer (or whomever he demands go only play for).

question is what chance do you take...him staying nice now or acting out later and killing his value?...

That's a fine point. It's a gamble. It is SO close to the deadline to be starting this, too. A VERY important decision is coming. We have the potential to become better than with AD, here. This team actually underperforms. Gentry or the AD situation destroyed moral. Hopefully the brass has a handle on things, cleans the mess up, and gets great value back.

On another note, I dreaded coming in here and reading these threads but, man, you guys are throwing out some knowledgable posts. It feels like the discussion here is more positive and logical than any thread posted in the past few seasons. Even ones I disagree with have great points.

Also. Look at Cleveland. And how Kawhi handled things. Man, I love AD even more for the way he is currently saving us from those issues.

https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/st...206256640?s=20

Kinda glad to hear it from the horses mouth that you can’t talk about this trade decision without involving Mickey. Which we knew, but yeah. The way he says it here makes me feel like Dell is included as a courtesy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take something like this : Smart - Tatum - Brown + Kings 1 pick for AD and Frazier.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The Knicks have the ability to end this today.

Send the Pelicans Knox, Hardaway Jr., Lee, Porzingis, this year's pick unprotected, and lottery protected 2021 pick. They get the superstar in his prime that they've been wanting. And have an easy path forward where they can sign TWO of KD, Kawhi, or Kyrie this summer. They would expect that 2021 pick to be in the late 20s.
    I'm on board with this, but let's try to take the protection off the 2021 pick (is that going to be the "double draft"?)

I'm not mad at him. That's a smart move by him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I wish AD preferred to stay for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    I would take something like this : Smart - Tatum - Brown + Kings 1 pick for AD and Frazier.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Just saw this Woj update posted elsewhere by a radio listener named Micah Sharon: "Woj said on Golic & Wingo that the Pelicans knew this was going to happen and are resistant to doing a deal with the Lakers."

Boston has the best assets. I would love a backcourt of Jrue and Smart, obviously Tatum will headline the trade.

1st. Everybody is overvaluing Boston’s assets. People just want to deal with Boston because they hate LeBron. Tatum is good but everybody else is mediocre including the picks. Kings & Nets are much better this year. Jaylen Brown is meh, Smart can’t shoot in the ocean, and Rozier’s contract is up. Hayward is damaged goods. Kuzma imo is at least = to Tatum. Lonzo is better than Brown and Smart imo, and Ingram, Hart, Zubac are better than Rozier. The picks will all be mid round picks. I don’t see why there is so much love for Boston.

2nd. AD wants to play in LA. All the clues are there. Y’all just don’t want to see them.

3rd. Kyrie and AD are friends. Kyrie and LBJ just kissed and made up. Kyrie is a free agent after he turns down his player option. See where I’m going with this. Lakers can afford 3 max slots.

4th. Starting over with LA’s youngins is more palatable than what Boston is offering imo. Tank the rest of the season and hope for Lady Luck to give us RJ Barrett or Zion.

5th. Any trade must include Solo.

6th. Time for a fire sale. Bye Jrue. Bye Mirotic. Bye Miller. Bye Randle

Lastly, I always said that AD wasn’t an alpha. Here’s proof. He wants to go and be the 2nd fiddle to another star. He’s in good company. KD didn’t want to be an alpha either. It’s the new NBA
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 01-28-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    NBA is ruined. All the superstars want to play for the same teams and chase a ring. I hope AD fails like CP3
    I think AD just wants out of the West. I hate to say, but NBA really need more balance. Maybe a 3rd (Mid-west) conference( 3-10 team conferences). Top 16 teams make it into the playoff. No more of this battling in the west.
    Last edited by Taker597; 01-28-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Boston also has Grizzlies 1st fir the next 3 years! (Lol) let's get all of em!! They'll be trash the next few years too

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Boston also has Grizzlies 1st fir the next 3 years! (Lol) let's get all of em!! They'll be trash the next few years too
    Now those are assets except that you’ll get a 1 and done that’s not ready for the big leagues and you’ll have to wait 3 or 4 years for them to be “ready”.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    1st. Everybody is overvaluing Boston’s assets. People just want to deal with Boston because they hate LeBron. Tatum is good but everybody else is mediocre including the picks. Kings & Nets are much better this year. Jaylen Brown is meh, Smart can’t shoot in the ocean, and Rozier’s contract is up. Hayward is damaged goods. Kuzma imo is at least = to Tatum. Lonzo is better than Brown and Smart imo, and Ingram, Hart, Zubac are better than Rozier. The picks will all be mid round picks. I don’t see why there is so much love for Boston.

2nd. AD wants to play in LA. All the clues are there. Y’all just don’t want to see them.

3rd. Kyrie and AD are friends. Kyrie and LBJ just kissed and made up. Kyrie is a free agent after he turns down his player option. See where I’m going with this. Lakers can afford 3 max slots.

4th. Starting over with LA’s youngins is more palatable than what Boston is offering imo. Tank the rest of the season and hope for Lady Luck to give us RJ Barrett or Zion.

I would take Tatum over Kuzma, but do not see either being a superstar. I really do not want Ball. Ingram is OK. None of the deals has been earth-shattering. I would wait until the offseason and hope the Knicks get the #1. Try and work something around the #1 and Knox and/or Porzingis.

Now those are assets except that you’ll get a 1 and done that’s not ready for the big leagues and you’ll have to wait 3 or 4 years for them to be “ready”.
    We are a rebuilding team silly. That is not a bad thing. I’ll take the picks and Boston thank you very much. Also, we do not want to make a Western Rival a threat down the line. If AD is shifted to Boston, chances are that the Lakers will never become a realistic threat.

Basketball Guru

Lastly, I always said that AD wasn’t an alpha. Here’s proof. He wants to go and be the 2nd fiddle to another star. He’s in good company. KD didn’t want to be an alpha either. It’s the new NBA

my man,,you and me are on the same page.....AD is going to the lakers anyway so you strip them of all of their young players so lebron and AD can try and build a team with lower level ring chasers....players already talking about not joining lebron to help him win and thats why they are pushing for AD now so they can get a 3rd star in the off season but i say trade AD next season around december to see if we get a deal that may blow us away..if not then send him to the lakers....

payton.....ball
    jrue.......hart....jackson
    ingram......new player.....miller
    kuzma......niko
    zubac.......okafor

ill take that team and will be happy and could make the playoffs next season....

I think by next December AD would be a malcontent forcing our hand to the Lakers for smaller value......and you're the one that put that in my head. Lll

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    If we did the Lakers trade now, what rights over Zubac would we own to help us re-sign him? I think he could be a secret steal but his contract expires after this year which could be important between the difference of a Lakers trade now and in the summer. He's 21 and already showing tremendous signs. I could totally see him being a Nurkic type of player in time.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I think by next December AD would be a malcontent forcing our hand to the Lakers for smaller value......and you're the one that put that in my head. Lll
    lol....you made me think of it but i think i would roll with the chance next season all because i dont want lebron getting AD now and have another super star change their mind and go join lebron because AD is there now...if that makes sense lol...

We need to also discuss how the supermax is an absolute failure of a provision for small market teams to keep players. We've had two players sign the supermax (Curry and Wall) and two who have forced their way out instead of signing it (AD and Leonard).

The small market teams need to take this to a lock out. The Pels probably lose 300-400m in value as soon as AD is gone. The CBA must add provisions to protect small market teams.

Thread Information