Pelicans Report

Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    This is how I feel. Don't necessarily hate him. I wouldn't want his job, but I don't love him either. But it's become way too common here at PR.com that if you don't complain in each and every thread about Monty then you're obviously a "supporter" or a "defender" or a "Monty apologist". I've always felt that when the team officials feel Monty isn't doing a good enough job, they will get rid of him.
    Agree with this post, sums up how a few of us feel. The whole witch hunt involving Monty is hilarious

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Ok you like the way he ties his tie. You and 504 byrd are the head of the players hold no accountability class. I haven't seen you post one thing Monty does well since the season
    If you really feel that way I'm sorry and I'd hate to view things the way you do. You only read the posts you want to argue about and gloss over the rest. I have many times got on Gordon's case, Steimsa, Roberts, Rivers, Aminu, even Jrue when he was struggling (EVEN EVANS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR - the guy this is all about). So keep spewing your lies it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    If you really feel that way I'm sorry and I'd hate to view things the way you do. You only read the posts you want to argue about and gloss over the rest. I have many times got on Gordon's case, Steimsa, Roberts, Rivers, Aminu, even Jrue when he was struggling (EVEN EVANS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR - the guy this is all about). So keep spewing your lies it's all good.
    First off, I said you never give him credit for anything. Not that you disagreed with everything. That's pretty close to fact. You may have said something nice since the beginning of the season but I'd bet it's about a ratio of 1/50 (good to bad). So keep spewing your augmented arguments, it's all good. The base of the argument, which you conveniently left out to cherry pick a very specific point, was the tools a coach has at his disposal to get his message across. You disagreed how he handled it; please tell me the better way. Just let him get away with not listening ? I'm seriously asking.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Agree with this post, sums up how a few of us feel. The whole witch hunt involving Monty is hilarious
    It's true though. When they feel Monty is not doing a good enough job, they will get rid of him and not a minute sooner. I understand people's frustrations. I really do. Because every fan wants their team to win. But until they feel it necessary, it won't happen.

Apparently any and everyone else. All will be right with the world. Some guys here would even be up for the job. Would that be reasonable in your opinion? LOL.
    yep. The basketball iq of this forum is off the charts apparently. I guess were the few dumb dumbs on the board that can't do what he does.

I just want people to be fair. Did I like the tyreke benching ? Nope he's one of my favorite players. Do I understand that there was a reason and coaches have limited ability to hold guys accountable. Yep.

It's true though. When they feel Monty is not doing a good enough job, they will get rid of him and not a minute sooner. I understand people's frustrations. I really do. Because every fan wants their team to win. But until they feel it necessary, it won't happen.
    yep. The basketball iq of this forum is off the charts apparently. I guess were the few dumb dumbs on the board that can't do what he does.
    I've had to say it quite a few times before and this is what happens when people ignore posts:

The majority of people who want Monty fired understand that a mid season firing accomplishes nothing and would rather wait until the offseason.
    But people what say anyone who is against Monty wants him gone RIGHT NOW!!!!! If you guys would actually ask people who has issues with Monty, I think you would realize that most do not think an in-season firing would help. But it's OK keep on.

Where did anyone say you said that?

My advice is to not take posts on a forum directly.

I've had to say it quite a few times before and this is what happens when people ignore posts:

But people what say anyone who is against Monty wants him gone RIGHT NOW!!!!! If you guys would actually ask people who has issues with Monty, I think you would realize that most do not think an in-season firing would help. But it's OK keep on.
    But yet, here is this thread, constantly growing. I guess the majority that knows firing him right now would not help are not participating in this thread? But yet it's still such a big thread. I try to stay out of it because it really serves no purpose but, I have a duty.

First off, I said you never give him credit for anything. Not that you disagreed with everything. That's pretty close to fact. You may have said something nice since the beginning of the season but I'd bet it's about a ratio of 1/50 (good to bad). So keep spewing your augmented arguments, it's all good. The base of the argument, which you conveniently left out to cherry pick a very specific point, was the tools a coach has at his disposal to get his message across. You disagreed how he handled it; please tell me the better way. Just let him get away with not listening ? I'm seriously asking.
    If you really want to be that ridiculous I will go back and search through my posts where I have given Monty credit for something but that will take a while. If it's a ratio if 1/50 that is because poster keep bringing up the same arguments and I have to keep restating the facts. I only have really had issues with Monty in 2 key areas: his rotations, and stubbornness to adjusts defense to team personnel. And now this thing with Tyreke. Anything I have said about him can be tied into one of those areas. If 5 different people bring up the same point 5 different times I'm going to say my opinion 5 different times. You do the same thing so what is the difference? I don't complain about that to you.

But yet, here is this thread, constantly growing. I guess the majority that knows firing him right now would not help are not participating in this thread? But yet it's still such a big thread. I try to stay out of it because it really serves no purpose but, I have a duty.
    Well I think the purpose of the thread is so that we wouldn't have a fire Monty thread after every game, which I'd much rather a 40 page thread that the multiple merges, but idc how that is handled, figured it would be easier on you guys.

Ok again I try and get to the root of the argument and it's ignored. Have a good day.

Where did anyone say you said that?
    "No good coach is going to take a job during the midseason." Look at what you assumed.

I argue that is more true than an assumption.

Ok again I try and get to the root of the argument and it's ignored. Have a good day.
    I didn't ignore it I already explained it and am tired of repeating myself. You said that Evans could have said "no comment", I followed it up with why couldn't Monty have said "no comment" when being asked about why Evans did not play instead of adding fuel to the fire. But you never responded.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I argue that is more true than an assumption.
    I'm not saying that a good coach wouldn't take a job mid season. I'm saying BSH said that when asking who could do better than Monty, so he was assuming that anyone who wants Monty fired wants it done mid-season.

There are so many GM's and head coaches on this site.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

I didn't ignore it I already explained it and am tired of repeating myself. You said that Evans could have said "no comment", I followed it up with why couldn't Monty have said "no comment" when being asked about why Evans did not play instead of adding fuel to the fire. But you never responded.
    Nope. Not the question and i'm tired of asking the same thing.

"No good coach is going to take a job during the midseason." Look at what you assumed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20071010_GraspingAtStrawsSign.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	5495

Nope. Not the question and i'm tired of asking the same thing.
    Well that was the only thing I have posted in this thread this morning about Monty so I guess you need to ask someone else.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20071010_GraspingAtStrawsSign.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	5495
    Be serious for a second and look at what I responded to nola please.

Goodness me this board is becoming whiningreport.com.

I'm not saying that a good coach wouldn't take a job mid season. I'm saying BSH said that when asking who could do better than Monty, so he was assuming that anyone who wants Monty fired wants it done mid-season.
    No, YOU assumed that. I never said EVERYONE who wants Monty fired wants it done now. You took it personally. There have been PLENTY of people who have said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Monty needs to leave now before its too late and he destroys the teams and players confidence.
    Post after it:
    [QUOTE=Pelican Tech;1162798]I agree 100 % with everything u have stated.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeymaster View Post
    I agree as well, I think there needs to be a poll. I'm sure the guys over at BSS will be as silent as ever though on the team's coaching problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    Co-signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bspoon View Post
    I'm in !!

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeymaster View Post
    I really don't care if we bring in a big name coach or just hire an interim or assistant off the bench. At this point I think most of us fans just want Monty gone and to see someone with a different perspective try to lead the team. Wish the team would've hired Marc Jackson when they had the chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Personally, I think anybody who thinks we could get Hollins or Karl or Van Gundy, etc. THIS YEAR, is living in a dream world. Good, veteran coaches want a training camp to implement their system. Only way you get a big name who can actually coach after the season has already started is if you are a contender or in a big market throwing around big bucks.

Don't believe me? Go find me examples of good, proven coaches who went to a non-contending, small market team after the season already started.

Not an option.
    Replying to above:

[QUOTE=504ByrdGang;1162918]I think george karl would easily take this job[/QUOTE]

Another quote from MM post
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsRynosTime View Post
    1) Try to interview Karl, Hollins, Jeff Van Gundy, SVG, Jerry Sloan, and whoever else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    You do have a point. But both those coaches were fired, and we do have an intriguing roster, with an emerging superstar. Would they really totally snub their noses at us just because they didn't want to wait for the offseason? I just have to think that AD will be a very enticing draw for a coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    now i am starting to think he should be fired during the season if we continue to get outhustled and play with no energy...if it comes to the point where the writing is on the wall for monty, then there is no point in sticking with him for the season...and maybe a change would bring about energy, who knows..wouldn't make things any worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Tech View Post
    Id rather lose with an crappy interim coach for just the remainder of the season than lose with Monty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Count me in this crowd. I am tired of no energy/passion, the same excuses and mistakes, and the poor rotations/use of players.

this is just the first 4 pages.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 02-10-2014 at 12:18 PM.

Thread Information