Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

Starting a Dyson Daniels thread for all that stuff, so people are aware
    Basketball.

The Franchise
    Now let’s get Hardy and Koloko and call it a day. Yes I love building through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Now let’s get Hardy and Koloko and call it a day. Yes I love building through the draft.
    The odds of us picking 52 are minuscule

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We didnt clear him medically. Had some knee things Nelson didnt like. I am sure other teams had similar concerns
    Yeah, Mac, I did read that.

Hopefully this NBA thing works out for Daniels and he doesn't turn into a crazed, mass shooting, cannibal serial killer.

Just kidding australia.

Will need a chart to figure out who's going where at the end of this crazy draft.

We have already had some talks with Pistons about Stewert. Would love to effectively swap Hayes (to somewhere else) for him
    @mcnamara247

Hawks draft AJ Griffin #16

If he's healthy, I think that's great for them

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Uh oh, are the Knicks clearing the cap space for a big splash signing? For them to lose regardless in the postseason?

Great value there

Lots of fun young players in Houston. Don't know how many of them will still be there in a year or two, but Jalen Green, Jabari Smith, Alperen Sengun, Usman Garuba, Tari Eason, lots going on

Quote Originally Posted by BasedPelican View Post
    Uh oh, are the Knicks clearing the cap space for a big splash signing? For them to lose regardless in the postseason?
    Kyrie's on the move, I expect that they probably want him

We have already had some talks with Pistons about Stewert. Would love to effectively swap Hayes (to somewhere else) for him
    Even with them getting Duren, huh? Guess they would bet on continuing the 'Jax at the 4' experiment. Would looooove to get Stewart's heart-energy-hustle-toughness inside. The Pels memes of him bloody faced going after LeBron would be worth that trade alone.

Now that we have made our pick, can tell you guys about Sharpe and Mathurin. Sharpe agreed to come at first, was going to work out with multiple other prospects. Two days before the workout, his camp cancels, saying they dont think the Pelicans would be a good fit for his client. Later that day, Mathurin's camp says pretty much the same thing, citing lack of minutes and opportunities. Then, later that day, the team was informed a few other guys would still show up but couldnt work out due to injury concerns, fatigue from other workouts, etc. Went from a week they were pumped about to a disaster.

But none of it matters now, they got the guy they wanted.
    Thanks for sharing that info! I knew something went wrong during our “big week” when we found out on Friday that Sharpe cancelled. Makes a ton of sense now. Also, thanks for all the inside reporting you did on the draft. When we were on the clock, I knew who our pick was going to be before it was announced thanks to your reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Even with them getting Duren, huh? Guess they would bet on continuing the 'Jax at the 4' experiment. Would looooove to get Stewart's heart-energy-hustle-toughness inside. The Pels memes of him bloody faced going after LeBron would be worth that trade alone.
    Read what I typed again

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Hopefully this NBA thing works out for Daniels and he doesn't turn into a crazed, mass shooting, cannibal serial killer.

Just kidding australia.

Will need a chart to figure out who's going where at the end of this crazy draft.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by coreylaron View Post
    He connects like lonzo, good at deflections like lonzo. Shooting form much, much better. Attacks the rim and has a good floater. Protects the rim.
    I don?t remember everyone living Lonzo when he was a Pelican.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    If you look up "Inconsistent" in the dictionary it's just a picture of Lonzo.

Read what I typed again
    Ah, too hyped, overlooked the re-routing. Maybe T'Wolves still interested.

It's funny cos watching one highlight video, I kept thinking of Josh giddy or Joe ingles comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Pretty much everyone liked Lonzo when he was acting as a mostly off-ball wing. What they hated (including me) was his inability to be a half-court ballhandler despite insisting on that role, and the price tag.

Lonzo ended up being basically $20m a year (per his Bulls deal). Daniels will be more like $5m. Suddenly a lot more becomes forgivable.

Pretty much everyone liked Lonzo when he was acting as a mostly off-ball wing. What they hated (including me) was his inability to be a half-court ballhandler despite insisting on that role, and the price tag.

Lonzo ended up being basically $20m a year (per his Bulls deal). Daniels will be more like $5m. Suddenly a lot more becomes forgivable.
    Lonzo also has 0 floater and super afraid of contact at the rim

He is similar to Lonzo in that he is a connector and can guard multiple positions on the perimeter. The biggest differences are:

- Pick and roll playmaker. Lonzo was bad at this. Gave up ball way too early, didnt read D well. Dyson is very good at it

- Rim defender. Loves to chase down block and help on the weakside

- Paint finisher. Dyson has floaters and scoop shots. Actually a strength of his game at this age

But yes, looking up in transition, connecting in the half court, defending, etc. Some similarities, but those are the differences for when you come across the next lazy person to make that comparison

I hate that Memphis have become excellent at drafting

Oh, thats dirty. OKC was talking to us to trade up to 8 if Sharpe fell, probably knowing we wanted to trade back and get Dieng. All the while, OKC had this lined up with NY to jump back in to 11 and get Dieng. Dirty, but I respect it
    Sheesh in this world we would have been left with AJ Griffin. Glad we live in this timeline lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Lonzo also has 0 floater and super afraid of contact at the rim
    This is true - as I mentioned earlier when regarding optimism towards shooting and as McNamara also just posted, Daniels actually has quite good touch inside the paint

I hate that Memphis have become excellent at drafting
    Top 2 with Presti I feel

Thread Information