Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: 1st March - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 26-33

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    I HATE THIS ********ING TEAM ..FIRE THE GM AND THE COACH.. WHY DO WE PLAY LIKE ************** VS THE LAKERS.
    JUST SHUT THE F UP MAN , GO CRAWL BACK UNDER YOUR ROCK

Zion is a force unlike any recent rookie in the NBA, but Lebron is just on a different level with his control of the game. I have a hard time saying we should win any game against that dude when he's playing like this--- when they want to, they can go to an iso with him and it will produce a layup, a foul, or an open shot, and he keeps their turnovers down. Zion's handle isn't at a place where he can do that, and BI (especially) and Jrue were both bad, and that isn't Lonzo's game.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    If you only want to win only against lower tier teams then keep that attitude. Most of the fan base want the team to be relevant when it counts. Do you want to strive for championships or for the playoffs only. I want higher aspirations for this team.
    Your premise is off. It just simply isn't true that he only plays well against lower tier teams. So your conclusion is derived from a fallacy.

I will agree that he played poorly this game.. but you don't average what he's averaged this season at 22 years old and not be deserving of a max. Nor do you push a narrative that he's been poor against good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Hardly. We just got beat by a team I despise. But it's not pathetic. It's an expected outcome. Pathetic would being getting swept by the Warriors right now or losing by 50 points.

Oh wait. We did the last one.
    Also blew a 20 pt lead to the Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanNation View Post
    and its obvious we need JJ badly
    You forgot about how much he scored last time against them? 1 point......
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Hardly. We just got beat by a team I despise. But it's not pathetic. It's an expected outcome. Pathetic would being getting swept by the Warriors right now or losing by 50 points.

Oh wait. We did the last one.
    I’m just not with the excuses for Alvin anymore. He isn’t cutting it and that’s holding this team back.

[QUOTE=Fedupfan;1525758]Sh*t on our fan base. We had to deal with this all last season and then to just get swept. PATHETIC
    Getting FED UP with you fedup

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Try using Twitter after one of these games.

Many of the Lakers fans who came over after the AD trade are fine. But there are a certain subset of them who believe that Lonzo is secretly Magic Johnson and Ingram is basically Jesus, and they can do no wrong; meanwhile, Jrue sucks, Zion needs to accept he's 2nd fiddle to Ingram, Favors is garbage, etc etc.
    What a laughable remark.

Nobody here believes Zion is second fiddle to BI! We are clearly better with favors! Zo was one assist and one rebound short of a triple double.... and he’s been playing amazing.

And we all know Jrue sucks when it counts except for you and a few others!

Hall of Famer
    Lebron has done this forever

Snatches souls and conquers

He traded them other lakers cause they didnt have the heatt the playoffs

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Your premise is off. It just simply isn't true that he only plays well against lower tier teams. So your conclusion is derived from a fallacy.

I will agree that he played poorly this game.. but you don't average what he's averaged this season at 22 years old and not be deserving of a max. Nor do you push a narrative that he's been poor against good teams.
    What he thinks he's saying is he's done poorly in national televised marquee matchup games. And he has more than he hasn't.

To act like Ingram is a problem and imply he's not worth retaining is ludicrous. First decent SF we've had in over a decade? We're keeping him until a better option presents itself.

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post
    You forgot about how much he scored last time against them? 1 point......
    he plays more of a decoy role because he attracts alot of attention with his movement offball. He affects the game even if he isnt hitting shots a floor spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Lebron has done this forever

Snatches souls and conquers

He traded them other lakers cause they didnt have the heatt the playoffs
    I can accept LeBron doing us dirty. I just wish we put up a bigger fight and made it at least look like he needed to try hard.

[QUOTE=djrnno;1525784]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Sh*t on our fan base. We had to deal with this all last season and then to just get swept. PATHETIC
    Getting FED UP with you fedup
    I’m glad you aren’t my wife or paying my mortgage. Then I would care.

Gentry has such a loser mentality

We have guys you build around. You have

Zion
    BI
    Jrue
    Zo
    Melli
    Hart

Those are 5 guys who can play key roles on a championship team. They need experience in order to build up to being winners. Getting to the playoffs will help in that growth. A sweep is inconsequential to me as it still gives them experience.

Obviously we need to fill in parts of this roster with pieces to get them to the promised land, but we don’t control that aspect, we do control the guys under contract, and we need to get those guys on this team all the seasoning we can get them.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Hall of Famer
    Cnat even blame the refs tonight

Zion took. More free throws than the entire laker team

And as a team we took 33 free throws and they took 10

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Gentry has such a loser mentality
    He absolutely does. He blames the players. Never himself.

So no Zion Wednesday vs the Mavericks?

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I’m just not with the excuses for Alvin anymore. He isn’t cutting it and that’s holding this team back.
    Oh you and me are of one accord here. Alvin Gentry needs to be relocated to a purely strategy and overseeing position. When his offense works the first 80% of the game, it's glorious and fun. But he isn't a game manager. His after time outs plays suck doodle, and I think there's something to be said for a new face calling the shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post

He played poorly last game against the Lakers...dude doesn't see the floor like he should. He still seems to be in competition with Zion. Being 22 yrs old is not an excuse...he's been in the league enough years to develop.
    Last edited by sterlr; 03-01-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    So no Zion Wednesday vs the Mavericks?
    Why wouldnt he play

Hall of Famer
    Gentry isnt the reason nobody can defend lebron

In more positive news, Zion has now extended his All-Time Record 20 point games by a teenager streak to 11. The previous record, remember, was 9, held by rookie Melo.

The longest streak of 20 point games by any rookie regardless of age since 2000 is 14 games, held by rookie Blake. Zion's well on his way towards grabbing that record too.

He now has a career total of 362 points in 15 games. That makes an average of 24.1 per game. He is now 19th in total points scored by a rookie despite playing only 15 games.

24.1 points per game is 17th in the NBA, 1st among rookies (Ja Morant is in 2nd place there with 17.7 per game).
    Basketball.

Why wouldnt he play
    Back to back

Why wouldnt he play
    We got told when he came back that he wouldn't play back to backs. So unless they've changed their mind on that, we shouldn't expect him to play.

Thread Information