Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st March - New Orleans Pelicans VS Los Angeles Lakers - 26-33

Oh look.... it’s a bird... it’s a plane.....

Nope..... it’s just Jrue SUCKING AGAIN in another big game

11 points with 2 turnovers and a -7.

Way to go bud. Cant wait for you to put up 30 against a crappy team!

Really glad we kept you!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post

Really glad we kept you!
    Just keep beating that dead horse...

Endgame Statlines

Zion: 35 points, 7 rebounds. 12/16 shooting (75%), and 11/13 from FT line (83.6%). 6 turnovers, 2 fouls*
    Ingram: 15 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists. 5/23 shooting (21.7%), 1/9 from 3 (11.1%). 3 turnovers, 5 fouls.
    Jrue: 11 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals. 4/10 shooting (40%), 2/6 from 3 (33.3%). 2 turnovers, 2 fouls.
    Favors: 12 points, 14 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block. 5/12 shooting (41.7%). 1 foul.
    Lonzo: 19 points, 9 rebounds, 9 assists, 3 steals. 7/15 shooting (46.7%), 1/7 from 3 (14.3%). 3 turnovers, 0 fouls.

Bench

Hart: 7/6/3, 3/5 shooting, 1 turnover, 1 foul.
    Melli: 10pts, 2 boards, 2/8 shooting, 0 turnovers, 0 fouls, 1 tech
    Moore: 5/3/3, 2/4 shooting, 0 turnovers, 0 fouls
    Frank: 0/2/1, 0/2 shooting, 2 turnovers.

*At least 2 of Zion's turnovers were uncalled fouls tho, let's be real
    Basketball.

Lebron- 34 and the win; Zion-35. I don't want to say wasted effort by Zion with the loss but he's going to knock Lebron off his throne once he's surrounded by a team that supports him better.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    I told you BI craps in the bed against good competition...not worth the max. Dude gets overpowered too much, that's the reason he loses the ball so much. Team is just too small to play the ball needed to compliment Zion. Also, the basketball IQ of the team is less than 20, Lakers played through Lebron the whole Qtr. but the Pelicans refuse to do the same with Zion? That's on the head coach...too bad we don't have one worth a crap.
    Terrible night for him but this is definitely an overstatement.. You don't average 25PPG on high efficiency, while doing a solid job on the boards, and assists for a wing for the entirety of a season, and warrant the critique you leveled.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Sh*t on our fan base. We had to deal with this all last season and then to just get swept. PATHETIC!

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post

Really glad we kept you!
    Jrue 4-10..... Ingram 5-23 3TO

You guys love to punch at Jrue but defend Ingram with your last breathe.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

We just need more experience. That’s it. More seasoning will go a long way.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Just keep beating that dead horse...
    I will. Every single time! Till all the Jrue lives get it that he’s not a big game or a clutch player.

Lonzo, Zion and Melli played their butts off tonight..too bad the rest of the team didn't show up. Hope Mrs. Benson doesn't keep Gentry next year, I don't know if the fan base can take much more of this coaching staff's style.

The Franchise
    I think Zion could have handled Zion on the block during that stretch where the Lakers pulled away.

Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    I told you BI craps in the bed against good competition...not worth the max. Dude gets overpowered too much, that's the reason he loses the ball so much.
    I've said it before: I hope to god Ingram doesn't make an all-NBA team this year. If he does, he qualifies for the 30% max. He is absolutely not worth that.

The 25% max is expensive, but he's a legitimate scorer and plays a position of need, and his shooting is valuable around someone like Zion. But 30% with 8% increases is a no-go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Sh*t on our fan base. We had to deal with this all last season and then to just get swept. PATHETIC!
    ...that's a team that could win a title out there we just go swept by. That's hardly pathetic. I know, uber hyperbolic is your thing, but yeesh...

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post

How old is BI? Who just went to the All Star game?

I don’t even talk about BI at all. However, to compare the two is laughable!

Whatever man.

Just whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    ...that's a team that could win a title out there we just go swept by. That's hardly pathetic. I know, uber hyperbolic is your thing, but yeesh...
    I know. Moral victories is your thing. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by boot318 View Post

Try using Twitter after one of these games.

Many of the Lakers fans who came over after the AD trade are fine. But there are a certain subset of them who believe that Lonzo is secretly Magic Johnson and Ingram is basically Jesus, and they can do no wrong; meanwhile, Jrue sucks, Zion needs to accept he's 2nd fiddle to Ingram, Favors is garbage, etc etc.

Ingram is the least of our worries. Ingram is 22 friggin' years old. My God...

And I was President of the "Tatum > Ingram" club. Got an award for "Most References of Ingram to a Beanpole" somewhere buried under shoes in my closet.

We need Jax to develop into a solid Rim Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Terrible night for him but this is definitely an overstatement.. You don't average 25PPG on high efficiency, while doing a solid job on the boards, and assists for a wing for the entirety of a season, and warrant the critique you leveled.
    If you only want to win against lower tier teams then keep that attitude. Most of the fan base want the team to be relevant when it counts. Do you want to strive for championships or for the playoffs only. I want higher aspirations for this team.
    Last edited by sterlr; 03-01-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We just need more experience. That’s it. More seasoning will go a long way.
    Mehhhh... I really don't think the complementary pieces that mesh well. We got a lot of dudes that do one or two things well, but that aren't how good teams are built. Like your two starting guards being non-factor streaky shooter. Lacking size and defense at wing. And let's not talk about our situation at 5s.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Try using Twitter after one of these games.

Many of the Lakers fans who came over after the AD trade are fine. But there are a certain subset of them who believe that Lonzo is secretly Magic Johnson and Ingram is basically Jesus, and they can do no wrong; meanwhile, Jrue sucks, Zion needs to accept he's 2nd fiddle to Ingram, Favors is garbage, etc etc.
    Actually a lot of Laker fans couldn't wait to get rid of Zo, thought he was too passive, and he couldn't shoot while he played with the Lakers. He's playing better here though.

and its obvious we need JJ badly

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I know. Moral victories is your thing. Sheesh.
    Hardly. We just got beat by a team I despise. But it's not pathetic. It's an expected outcome. Pathetic would being getting swept by the Warriors right now or losing by 50 points.

Oh wait. We did the last one.

All we need is a different coach. That’s it! This team is competing by talent alone. Imagine if they actually had an offense or coach that didn’t constantly put them in a defensive mismatch.

Thread Information