Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: NBA DRAFT 2020 DISCUSSION

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I wasnt clear.

The player would have to forgo guaranteed contracts to sign a two way deal, for some reason. Which simply wont happen in Didi's case because he has leverage of teams wanting to sign him to guaranteed deals.

Look at the number of 2nd round picks, mind you high 2nds, who have ever signed a two way contract with the team who drafted them
    Do you think they bring him over next year or is there a chance they leave him overseas for another year?

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Ok yea, that makes sense. Was wondering why we were even bringing up 2 ways for DiDi since we can just assign him to the G League anyway on his current contract.
    We certainly could assign him to G League. Only issue is the silly NBA rule that a team must use one of its NBA roster spots to do so. I was just trying to think of whether there was another way to get him to G League without using a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Do you think they bring him over next year or is there a chance they leave him overseas for another year?
    I think that if it were 100% up to the Pels, they'd have him stay one more year and bring him over in 2021-22. But its a delicate game. Didi could sign a multi-year deal and stay over longer than the Pels would like and then when he comes to the NBA, he isnt under the same rookie contract rules he would be now. Pels would have to use actual cap room or part of an exception to sign him. It could get messy. I think they'd rather bring him over now than to risk that, but in their ideal world, he stays one more year and then signs his rookie contract in 2021-22 and starts here then
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think that if it were 100% up to the Pels, they'd have him stay one more year and bring him over in 2021-22. But its a delicate game. Didi could sign a multi-year deal and stay over longer than the Pels would like and then when he comes to the NBA, he isnt under the same rookie contract rules he would be now. Pels would have to use actual cap room or part of an exception to sign him. It could get messy. I think they'd rather bring him over now than to risk that, but in their ideal world, he stays one more year and then signs his rookie contract in 2021-22 and starts here then
    He has an Australian GF, so he may be willing to stay a little longer in the NBL.

Lol he'd just bring her with him

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Lol he'd just bring her with him
    Depends if she wants Covid or not

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Depends if she wants Covid or not
    Or Trump as President..

Thread Information