Pelicans Report

Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Excellent rebuttal.

Also, I'm hearing waves of Kawhi doing a 1+1 with the Raptor's.

If Ingram don't work out. We can make room for a max next year. If Hayes and Zion show out next year. I'd throw a max at Kahwi with little hesitation. Would he come to NOLA..
    I'm 99.9 positive that is a nope
    If I remember correctly 1+1 or 2+1 was basically what Kawhi would sign anywhere because 2 years puts him at the 10 yr mark in the league and allows him to sign for a 35% max.

So that makes sense of he goes back to the Raptors on a 1+1 or a 2+1.

Well now that Knicks have signed Payton, I might just rather keep Moore

MSU watch 2019 can begin.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    MSU watch 2019 can begin.....
    https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/n...ctim-manhattan

I don't think he took it well...

Marc Stein: Maxi Kleber and the Mavericks have agreed on a four-year, $35 million deal, league sources say
    – via Twitter TheSteinLine

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    – via Twitter TheSteinLine
    Marc Stein: Maxi Kleber and the Mavericks have agreed on a four-year, $35 million deal, league sources say

I liked him a lot. I knew he could have been gotten for less than $10MM per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I'm just surprised he got to NYC so fast after hearing the Payton news. His mission must have been to just take on the whole city.

Once we started making like we were keeping Lonzo, I knew it was coming. My boy......

But it's redundant having both Payton and Ball....so I get it.

I'm not crying because of Elfrid. I just got through watching The Land Before Time. That's all. I'm good. I swear.

Don't ping my cell signal. I'm not driving back from NYC.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Once we started making like we were keeping Lonzo, I knew it was coming. My boy......

But it's redundant having both Payton and Ball....so I get it.

I'm not crying because of Elfrid. I just got through watching The Land Before Time. That's all. I'm good. I swear.

Don't ping my cell signal. I'm not driving back from NYC.
    We all know you're grieving...it's understandable.

.....we went......9 and 0.......

How much cap do we have left

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    None

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Around $1.5m I think. Pretty much nothing. I could be off a little but that's my memory.
    Basketball.

Gotcha thanks guys

Absolute steal for Golden State. That's a bargain.

Also takes another high quality roleplayer off the market. LA's market looking dryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

So do we really see Naw and Jackson as point guards? A lagniappe move would be to trade Moore for Dunn from the Bulls in a three team trade so Bulls can shed salary. Just don’t know if he would be good with coming off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    So do we really see Naw and Jackson as point guards? A lagniappe move would be to trade Moore for Dunn from the Bulls in a three team trade so Bulls can shed salary. Just don’t know if he would be good with coming off the bench.

Jackson? Probably not. NAW? Sure, he's a combo guard. He played a ton of the 1 in college and was fine there.

The problem with proposing a trade for Dunn is that Dunn is not very good and you shouldn't want to give up assets for him, and yes, Moore is more of an asset at this point.

I also think this obsession with having ''point guards'' is kind of a weird view to take. You don't need ''point guards'' you need competent ball handlers and good decision makers. We have a ton of those. Jrue, Lonzo, Zion, NAW, Hart, and even Ingram to an extent are all at least solid ball handlers who can make decisions in the flow of an offense. That's fine. You don't need to go on a hunt for guys who are between 6'0'' and 6'4'', as if only their ball handling and passing counts.

Keep half an eye on last year's second round pick who played overseas this past year...6'5", Tony Carr from Penn State. He's playing in the Summer League with the Pelicans this year. He is a pure point guard.

Lakers fans nervous? I see he is trending on twitter but nothing has happened.

I really think at this point we can just hold on to moore. Moore to me has always been a pretty steady guy and think he fits here atm. However, come all-star break may be a time to evaluate if we would prefer to open up cap space for the future or even trade up somehow to make a run. You never know. Some time of adjustment first may help us determine what we will need going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Jackson? Probably not. NAW? Sure, he's a combo guard. He played a ton of the 1 in college and was fine there.

The problem with proposing a trade for Dunn is that Dunn is not very good and you shouldn't want to give up assets for him, and yes, Moore is more of an asset at this point.

I also think this obsession with having ''point guards'' is kind of a weird view to take. You don't need ''point guards'' you need competent ball handlers and good decision makers. We have a ton of those. Jrue, Lonzo, Zion, NAW, Hart, and even Ingram to an extent are all at least solid ball handlers who can make decisions in the flow of an offense. That's fine. You don't need to go on a hunt for guys who are between 6'0'' and 6'4'', as if only their ball handling and passing counts.
    Very good post.

That's why I saw Elfrid was a goner. Ball will handle the....ball (that makes for an awkward sentence) but we have so many other players that can handle thale ball.....like Jimmy Butler, LeBron, Leonard.....we simply needed more shooters than we did true PGs.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Philadelphia has offered a five-year, $168M maximum contract extension to Ben Simmons and the Sixers and agent Rich Paul are expected to work through the details toward an eventual agreement, league sources tell ESPN.
    – via Twitter wojespn

Thread Information