Pelicans Report

Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Easy to just say Fire a guy, but if we are stuck with him, here is a suggestion for his rotations:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...tys-rotations/

Some small changes could go a long way IMO. He needs to get out of the 80's and 90's with his philosophies and look at the team Dell has assembled for him and use it properly.
    You lost me at Brian Roberts getting 35 minutes and Austin getting 13.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    Agreed. I don't think Davis needs 39 minutes per game either. Only one player in the league plays that much and it's Melo at 39.1. Just seems excessive. I'd like to at least split Steamer's minutes with Withey, and perhaps shave a couple minutes from Ajinca for Withey as well. Morrow could use a bit more than 13 minutes also. I really like the article though!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I know Dell reads everything we write. Not so sure about Monty, but hopefully it will get passed down the chain.
    Wait...you're serious?

That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    If the goal is to win games, then yes. If the goal is to develop for the future, then I agree the minutes should be different. But, as much as I dislike Roberts, he helps you more right now. When Jrue comes back, its a moot point, though.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I don't see Monty as the adapting type. If I had to put a percentage on this I would say 2%. You?
    The thing is, that he might adapt to save his job but I don't think he would ever be fully on board. And if he isn't fully on board, eventually he will resort to his old ways. And I don't think Dell changes course and builds Monty the type of team that he would be good at coaching. So....

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Agreed. I don't think Davis needs 39 minutes per game either. Only one player in the league plays that much and it's Melo at 39.1. Just seems excessive. I'd like to at least split Steamer's minutes with Withey, and perhaps shave a couple minutes from Ajinca for Withey as well. Morrow could use a bit more than 13 minutes also. I really like the article though!
    He doesn't average 39 mpg does he? Melo actually averages 39 this season. Davis is like at 35-36. How many minutes does Davis need in your opinion?

Garnett averaged 38.9 at the same age and if you take out the lockout season, had averages of 39.3, 40.0, 39.5, 39.2, 40.5, and 39.4 in the next six seasons. If you have a talent like that, and a drop off as big as the Pels do to the next guy, you gotta feed him heavy minutes at this age.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    He doesn't average 39 mpg does he? Melo actually averages 39 this season. Davis is like at 35-36. How many minutes does Davis need in your opinion?
    I was referencing MMcN's rotation suggestion of 39.

Garnett averaged 38.9 at the same age and if you take out the lockout season, had averages of 39.3, 40.0, 39.5, 39.2, 40.5, and 39.4 in the next six seasons. If you have a talent like that, and a drop off as big as the Pels do to the next guy, you gotta feed him heavy minutes at this age.
    Maybe so. I definitely will plead ignorance on positives / negatives of that amount of minutes. Perhaps he should play that much.

Maybe so. I definitely will plead ignorance on positives / negatives of that amount of minutes. Perhaps he should play that much.
    And Durant at same age - 39.0 per game. Next season, went up to 39.5. Lowest since rookie season at 38.2 this year, but that is partially because of so many blowouts where he sits the 4th quarter.

Young studs like that should get 38-40.

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    The scripture of my 2k my career reads 4/2/14

But seriously, the guy gotsta go...

If the goal is to win games, then yes. If the goal is to develop for the future, then I agree the minutes should be different. But, as much as I dislike Roberts, he helps you more right now. When Jrue comes back, its a moot point, though.
    I'd argue that rivers does everything better than Roberts except in the shooting department. Same as tyreke compared to Gordon debate we had a few weeks ago. If Reke is the better player in that debate then rivers is the better player in this one. Can't work one way and not the other. Sorry I just don't see Roberts getting 35 min being our best way to win. No way no how. For every 2 pts he gets us. He will give up 6 on the other end. His scoring does not over compensate for his atrocious defense. Why do u think he gives us the better chance to win? I'm curious. Cause I think rivers defends MUCH better, he has better vision and can actually thread the needle on some passes when needed. Rivers spot up shooting is not all that bad either. The more I watch him play. The more I'm becoming a believer that this kid can and will be a starter for us one day in 3-4 years. I think he's gonna take a little longer than most rookies to get to that level but I truly believe he will get to a high level one day. He does have his moments where u wonder what he was thinking but that goes back to where I think it's just taking him a little longer to get it than most, but with that said. I say he is still a better option than Roberts at running the point at this very moment. Roberts on the other hand? I'm sorry but all he does is pound the air out the ball and has horrible vision. He misses pass after pass. I mean it was so bad the other night. I remember the entire arena screaming at him to make the wide open pass that he did make but not until the arena put him on notice. It was pretty embarrassing actually. He is a silky smooth spot up shooter and is pretty decent at the dribble pull up as well. Everything else tho...meh. He is not a pg in no way shape or form. He is a 2 guard and Monty is playing him out of position. IMO.

I'm on board.

Fire Monty.

The second this season ends, fire him and conduct an extensive search. First three guys I call are Shaka Smart, Fred Hoiberg, and David Fizdale. Pick the best one and let's move on.

Why was Roberts on Wall after the timeout coach?

I'm on board.

Fire Monty.

The second this season ends, fire him and conduct an extensive search. First three guys I call are Shaka Smart, Fred Hoiberg, and David Fizdale. Pick the best one and let's move on.
    This is huge to hear you say this. Cant wait to hear you and Mr. Ryan thoughts on the next Podcast.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Leaving ROBERTS in to Cover Wall on last possession broke this camel's back ! JUST A TERIBLE DISPLAY OF SITUATIONAL COACHING ! um, I dont think EVANS had went to the locker room yet, heh ! PUTRID

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

I'm on board.

Fire Monty.

Shaka smart, stan van gundy, Jeff van gundy, George Karl, John calipari, and George Marshall.

Official Fire Monty Thread

At the end of the half, we made MULTIPLE substitutions to fit the situation. However, in an endgame situation he leaves on of the worst on ball defenders on the floor with AR25 & 'Reke on the bench. No words and no explanation other than this being an game coating mistake. Unbelievable, and I too am starting to turn.

I'm on board. Tonight was too much. Fire Monty.

The thing is, that he might adapt to save his job but I don't think he would ever be fully on board. And if he isn't fully on board, eventually he will resort to his old ways. And I don't think Dell changes course and builds Monty the type of team that he would be good at coaching. So....
    This I agree with! Dell brought in Jrue, Morrow, and Evans who are great players for a fast pace offense with AD (who is a big man that can run the court). Monty on the other hand wants a half court offense with Brian Roberts walking the ball down the court.

Never thought I'd see some of you in this thread...

#Monty4prez
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Wait...you're serious?

That's awesome!
    Everything they write at BSS, not every stupid post we make I am sure.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    Never thought I'd see some of you in this thread...

#Monty4prez
    It's nice to see people catching on.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information