Pelicans Report

Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So why did he agree to extend his contract then?
    Wouldn't be the first time a coach gets canned a year after getting an extension. Not uncommon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    So why did he agree to extend his contract then?
    Because he got caught up in the hype of Monty being the next great young coach in this league. We all got caught up in it which is the only reason I can figure out how their are still people on this forum that continue to support and defend his coaching. It's difficult because Monty is a good man and believe me I would love to see him have success here but I have been around this game long enough to know he is in way over his head. To all the people that defend Monty's coaching please give some substance to your position in the form reasoning? Where do you see his stong suits , is it managing a game, fundamentals, strategy, substitutions? Personally I am sick of this team sucking and would be happy seeing us at least heading in the right direction but it seems like unless Benson is ready to clean house and go find him a good proven GM and let him hire a proven quality NBA coach we will continue in this mess we have been subjected to for the last 4 or 5 years now.

Guys it isn’t going to happen anytime soon. There are many roads that lead to success, and you can argue till the cows come home about which one is shorted, or smoother or even the one with the prettier scenic view, but doesn't change the fact that you are not driving the car. Thankfully we have a solid front office that doesn't sway in the breeze.

Bump

How did this make it to the 3rd page?

lol @ page 43.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Rev up this train.

Fired Monty hire John Calipari

We have a team full of dumb players coached by a dumber coach and worse part it will be the same team next year Dell would never fire his friend Monty and just put the bad coaching on injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    We have a team full of dumb players coached by a dumber coach and worse part it will be the same team next year Dell would never fire his friend Monty and just put the bad coaching on injuries.
    There maybe 5 players with high basketball IQ's on this team, 2 are injuried, 2 on the bench & AD. We need to keep AD happy b4 another CP3 starts. So go hire John Calipari and us his World Wide West connections and keep AD happy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I think we'll keep Monty and I don't think it will be much better next year either. Of course, I've said this many, many times before. We're just delaying the inevitable firing.

This horse has been beaten to a bloody pulp... but its too entertaining. Monty ain't going anywhere... not after THIS season anyway. The team he's playing with have about as much basketball brain matter as this banana/peanut butter smoothie I'm drinking, and when your highest/"best" player can't make a clutch free throw... you have threads like this. Never mind the royal screw job we got from the refs.

The scripture of my 2k my career reads 4/2/14
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bg9KAMwCcAEDnZu.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	5513  
    looking for team to bandwagon, pls help

Quote Originally Posted by dcoop View Post
    A glimpse into the future!

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Your profile pic describes how i would feel
    Welcome to be here

i really hope this happens

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    I'm officially on board.

I don't know Schmidt, but if Schmidt happens I hope it is some good Schmidt. Maybe we need Schmidt for brains. Then, if we can stop having such Schmidty luck with injuries, we might even make the playoffs....

Can we get Sean Payton and Rob Ryan as our coaches?

i think Keith Smart is the worst coach ever till i know Monty.

39 seconds left, with the ball, down 1 point, and we'd be throwing it in from the Bobcats' side of the court. I said to myself that if we don't take advantage of a 2 for 1 opportunity, that I would be on board for Monty being fired, as I'm sick of all of these blown 2 for 1 opportunities.

And what happens... A shot goes up with 24 seconds left. Now we have to foul since we missed the shot. Game basically over.

Easy to just say Fire a guy, but if we are stuck with him, here is a suggestion for his rotations:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...tys-rotations/

Some small changes could go a long way IMO. He needs to get out of the 80's and 90's with his philosophies and look at the team Dell has assembled for him and use it properly.
    @mcnamara247

You should send it to Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    You should send it to Monty.
    I know Dell reads everything we write. Not so sure about Monty, but hopefully it will get passed down the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Some small changes could go a long way IMO. He needs to get out of the 80's and 90's with his philosophies and look at the team Dell has assembled for him and use it properly.
    I don't see Monty as the adapting type. If I had to put a percentage on this I would say 2%. You?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Thread Information