Pelicans Report

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Demps can look all he wants, if the Bensons want the hometown boy, they'll get the hometown boy. Rita and Avery were All Star hosts together. There is a relationship there already.
    Avery has said that he wants a front office job. I don't think coaching is in his future unless he could be GM/Coach
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Official Fire Monty Thread

Demps can look all he wants, if the Bensons want the hometown boy, they'll get the hometown boy. Rita and Avery were All Star hosts together. There is a relationship there already.
    And that means what? It's a possibility, but you are talking as if Avery is already set as Monty's replacement if he is fired.

Also do you think Benson found Sean Payton? My guess is Benson trusts the guys he pays to run the team.

i have no inside info, but if/when Monty is fired, I Avery will be on the short list. Just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Won't happen. Also, I don't think McNamara said he thinks Avery Johnson would become a coach, but it is a concern/fear. I have confidence Demps would go out and get a coach that fits his vision of the team.
    If Rita Benson has her way, Avery is the coach. No doubt in my mind. My fear is that this has a chance of happening. My hope is that Demps would have final say bc there is no way he would hire Avery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If Rita Benson has her way, Avery is the coach. No doubt in my mind. My fear is that this has a chance of happening. My hope is that Demps would have final say bc there is no way he would hire Avery

Ay no. Hablo grande la problema con Avery. Excuse my Spanish.

I agree 100%. This may just be me, but I would rather Benson hand his professional sports assets over to Loomis to run instead of Rita.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    If Rita Benson has her way, Avery is the coach. No doubt in my mind. My fear is that this has a chance of happening.
    Are you saying that Rita Benson is having a sexual affair with Avery? And that is the reason why Avery will be given the job? Because that is what I am reading!

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Avery has said that he wants a front office job. I don't think coaching is in his future unless he could be GM/Coach
    There's no way he'll ever get that much control after how terrible he was in Brooklyn. The Nets were lucky they fired him earlier enough last season so PJ could salvage the season.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I don't think Rita Benson is having a sexual affair with any man.

Won't happen. Also, I don't think McNamara said he thinks Avery Johnson would become a coach, but it is a concern/fear. I have confidence Demps would go out and get a coach that fits his vision of the team.
    Who's to say Demps wouldn't get the axe with Monty? Not like he's done a stellar job himself.

i hope they clean house

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Who's to say Demps wouldn't get the axe with Monty? Not like he's done a stellar job himself.
    I based it off of the assumption that Demps has the power to fire Monty, and I honestly beleive Demps has done a great job acquiring talent with his vision. The coach just isn't on the same page.

I'm confused. Why would Avery Johnson be a bad head coach? He has a winning record in the NBA, has extensive playoff experience - even leading them to finals, and is still relatively young at 49 years old. Sure his Nets teams were meh, but what are the Nets doing since him - other than giving us free money with all that luxury tax?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm confused. Why would Avery Johnson be a bad head coach? He has a winning record in the NBA, has extensive playoff experience - even leading them to finals, and is still relatively young at 49 years old. Sure his Nets teams were meh, but what are the Nets doing since him - other than giving us free money with all that luxury tax?
    Nothing else matters but his Brooklyn days. You didn't know?

I'm sorry but if demps isn't fired and we know that Rita benson hired a coach over the gms approval. I'll be done with this franchise and I'm not joking. I don't care what coach is for that matter. That woman has no business calling those kinds of shots in the nba. I seriously doubt that Hackensack my ways but if it did. I'd be done.

I based it off of the assumption that Demps has the power to fire Monty, and I honestly beleive Demps has done a great job acquiring talent with his vision. The coach just isn't on the same page.
    I'm not sold on the Holiday and Evans acquistions and the Gordon contract is already looking bad. I think the Anderson contract was a great move, but he hasn't matched his efficiency from his days in Orlando and the Rivers pick looks bad too. I'm not convinced this current roster when healthy could be successful because all of the major pieces outside of Davis have alot of flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It speaks volumes that the Nets were much better after he got fired. Not to mention Dallas greatly upgraded as well with Carlisle. I think at best Avery is a solid head coach.

I'm not sold on the Holiday and Evans acquistions and the Gordon contract is already looking bad. I think the Anderson contract was a great move, but he hasn't matched his efficiency from his days in Orlando and the Rivers pick looks bad too. I'm not convinced this current roster when healthy could be successful because all of the major pieces outside of Davis have alot of flaws.
    So you'd actually rather Noel and the 10th pick in this draft instead of Holiday and Pierre Jackson?

It speaks volumes that the Nets were much better after he got fired. Not to mention Dallas greatly upgraded as well with Carlisle. I think at best Avery is a solid head coach.
    solid is waaay better than what monty is

So you'd actually rather Noel and the 10th pick in this draft instead of Holiday and Pierre Jackson?
    Not necessarily, but Holiday isn't as great as advertised and he's making over 10 million a year. His basic numbers in Philly were good, but his efficiency was awful overall. Bad shooting numbers due to taking bad mid-range jumpers, high turnover rate, and not that great of a passer. I like his age and upside and his defense for sure, but I don't think he's worth his current contract and wasn't playing that well this season when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    solid is waaay better than what monty is
    Well, I'm not even sure he's solid. If I had to guess, I would call him average.

I think Goran Dragic at his contract is a much better value over Holiday and he's a better player right now as well.

I can understand why Demps made the moves he made. He wanted to bring in young talented guys with upside on reasonable contracts, but maybe that's not the best idea of those players need lots of seasoning.

Well, I'm not even sure he's solid. If I had to guess, I would call him average.
    I don't know if he is solid or not but a solid coach would be waaay better than monty

I think Goran Dragic at his contract is a much better value over Holiday and he's a better player right now as well.

I can understand why Demps made the moves he made. He wanted to bring in young talented guys with upside on reasonable contracts, but maybe that's not the best idea of those players need lots of seasoning.
    Whereas I don't think injuries should be an excuse for monty cause I've had enough evidence he is a horrible coach, having a horrible coach is the reason why I think we cannot judge Dell yet. I actually like Dell's philosophy and I would like to see it under a much better coach. The only thing I blame Dell for is not firing monty yet..

The Nets were much better after he left? When he was fired they were .500, they finished the season with a .598 record and are worse this year than when they fired Avery. Dallas greatly upgraded? Avery's win % was .767 with them. They haven't hit .700 once since he was fired.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-25-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Thread Information