Pelicans Report

Page 46 of 59 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1466

Thread: 2022 NBA Draft Lottery

I irrationally love Jaylen Nowell. Probably the most random guy I like in the league. That said, I think a fair trade would look something like Beasley for Jax and Graham. Would love to throw Temple in too
    @mcnamara247

I said it before and I'll say it again, teams that miss out on Collins and Ayton are going to call on Jax. He's more valuable than he is given credit for on here.

Personally, I'd rather Graham, Jax, and Temple for Harrison Barnes since he's rumored to be available, but I'd be fine with that deal for Beasley as well

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Be very careful of saying ?no way? this time of year. I know it is more alpha to make definitive claims, but you aren?t in their war room. You have no idea

What I do know for fact is that word has spread like crazy over the weekend that they love Sharpe. Made it all the way to two EC teams. Now, maybe they are doing it to entice a trade. Maybe it is real. I won?t pretend like I know for sure
    Alpha?...lol what?

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    Alpha?...lol what?
    To be extra assertive and definitive with no wiggle room, could be considered 'alpha' traits

Have discussed this for weeks. He is doing nothing different than any other prospect is doing, you guys are just hearing about it more. He actually has competed in more multi prospect workouts and visited more places than a lot of guys that you all think have great character. He just didnt agree to work out for your favorite team and therefore there are red flags. Worked out more places than Ivey or Murray. Competed in more workouts than Mathurin.

He didnt play last year, so he sticks out in a weird way. People have almost no tape or intel on him so they nitpick even more out of fear, dissect every quote while not even watching any post workout interviews of other guys. How many Mathurin post workout interviews you all watch? None? Exactly.

Kid is an other wordly talent, and I wont pretend to know the other stuff. Good or bad, I wont pretend. Others are fine pretending they know, I will say I dont and leave that up to the execs who have the resources to meet with him and do background checks
    Fine. But I'm basing this on the fact that he comes across in interviews as a complete moron. The dude can barely speak. He seems very low IQ. I want smart players like Trey, CJ, Nance, Hart. Not some mumble mouthed moron like AD.

Quote Originally Posted by ULsaint View Post
    Fine. But I'm basing this on the fact that he comes across in interviews as a complete moron. The dude can barely speak. He seems very low IQ. I want smart players like Trey, CJ, Nance, Hart. Not some mumble mouthed moron like AD.
    This ain't it

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    This ain't it
    What aint it?

Dude it's Basketball, not an eloquence competition

AD recorded some of the best advanced metrics of all time, largely when he was with us

We hate Toni because of how he left, but don't forget how much we used to also love him when he was bought in, catching bodies left right and centre with the Pelicans. He really did give it all for the franchise, once upon a time
    Last edited by AusPel; 06-21-2022 at 01:38 PM.

What aint it?
    Your post

Sharpe just seems king of like BI. He's super quiet. Apparently just likes to be in the gym and play basketball and otherwise not very outspoken. There's nothing wrong with that, and it certainly doesn't make you a moron. I'd assume a majority of the people on a Pelicans message board are introverted

Season Ticket Holder
    It is possible to be smart and not speak well. You know nothing about Sharpe's life. He's 19. Chill.

I irrationally love Jaylen Nowell. Probably the most random guy I like in the league. That said, I think a fair trade would look something like Beasley for Jax and Graham. Would love to throw Temple in too
    Does Beasley fit the culture the Pels are trying to maintain? Nice sparkplug off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    It is possible to be smart and not speak well. You know nothing about Sharpe's life. He's 19. Chill.
    Ok fine, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He not only can't speak intelligently, what he says is bat******** insane and or dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Most personal attacks include a fair dose of projection

Ok fine, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. He not only can't speak intelligently, what he says is bat******** insane and or dumb.
    If you're gonna take the time to slander him, at least provide evidence

Be very careful of saying ?no way? this time of year. I know it is more alpha to make definitive claims, but you aren?t in their war room. You have no idea

What I do know for fact is that word has spread like crazy over the weekend that they love Sharpe. Made it all the way to two EC teams. Now, maybe they are doing it to entice a trade. Maybe it is real. I won?t pretend like I know for sure
    Yea I agree everything we're hearing know has an equal chance to be BS. I think Portland is begging for a team to make them an offer they can't refuse. So if Sharpe is the bait, you have to make teams believe that you're willing to call their bluff and draft him.

I won't lie, if it comes down to Daniels and Sochan, I'll be bummed if we don't take Sochan, but I'd at least understand it. I like Sochan's game a lot better, but Sochan doesn't really have one particular trait that truly stands out, other than his defensive iq seems really advanced for a guy his age. His athleticism isn't elite nor is his wingspan which might limit his effectiveness against NBA players.

There is a lot I don't like about Daniels, some of it is potentially fixable once he puts on muscle, some like his mediocre first step and overall speed probably isn't. His shooting is meh which concerns me if he doesn't have a quick first step.

But, I have to admit his length and lateral movement are really special, something that is this hard to find, I guess makes it possible for me to look past my other problems with him.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Example 1. ?I see myself being one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball,? Sharpe said, per the Indy Star. ?Just playing at the highest level, just really getting after it and competing. One of my goals coming in as a rookie is just win Rookie of the Year. That?s one of the goals and then also All-Star and later on Hall of Fame.?

LOL

Example 2: https://twitter.com/RomeovilleKid/st...22026890670080
    Example 3: https://twitter.com/Cats_Coverage/st...67512741777411
    Example 3: https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/...Cgmdzv8dcqAAAA

So this dude says that not playing at all in college is the same as playing. He's gonna give his teammates a little shine. And he's the going to be one of the best ever.

Yeah, nothing to see here. Typical genius that's misunderstood.

This dude is like a Klutch informercial.

Don't know if I would go as far as you have... but his interviews so far have been.... not great.

Particularly the Sacramento and Indiana interviews. Then again im not sure how much of that is him being just a young lad uncomfortable around cameras.

Vanderbilt??

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    You could go watch his interviews, for one. They aren't great.

Quote Originally Posted by PleaseWinPels View Post
    Don't know if I would go as far as you have... but his interviews so far have been.... not great.

Particularly the Sacramento and Indiana interviews. Then again im not sure how much of that is him being just a young lad uncomfortable around cameras.
    There' just too much smoke around this dude.

Bad interviews, bad workouts, questionable handlers, weird circumstances surrounding his time at KY. It just all smells fishy to me. He's either very dumb, very immature or at a minimum being manipulated by moron handlers.

Example 1. ?I see myself being one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball,? Sharpe said, per the Indy Star. ?Just playing at the highest level, just really getting after it and competing. One of my goals coming in as a rookie is just win Rookie of the Year. That?s one of the goals and then also All-Star and later on Hall of Fame.?

LOL

Example 2: https://twitter.com/RomeovilleKid/st...22026890670080
    Example 3: https://twitter.com/Cats_Coverage/st...67512741777411
    Example 3: https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/...Cgmdzv8dcqAAAA

So this dude says that not playing at all in college is the same as playing. He's gonna give his teammates a little shine. And he's the going to be one of the best ever.

Yeah, nothing to see here. Typical genius that's misunderstood.

This dude is like a Klutch informercial.
    I think there's a little confirmation bias in play here for you

Not to say he doesn't sound more than a smidgen arrogant, but that can work both ways in equal measures.

The dude is 18. His development could literally go to the Stars, or the opposite

Home run swing. You gotta take it, especially if you're playing with house money like we are

Chet Holmgren said he's going to be the best player in the NBA the night he's drafted, but for some reason people don't call him a moron

I think Anthony Edwards also said he wanted to be the best player in the NBA when he was drafted.

These guys actually do have all world talent, it's the program that makes the difference

Having said that, there's virtually no basket case franchises left now, barring Sacramento

That's why the talent across the league is 10 times what it was 30 years ago

Finally returning to the boards as the draft draws ever nearer. Sadly haven't done nearly as much draft stuff this year as in the last few but I'm still pretty hyped. Got some guys I really like, some guys I'm optimistic about, and some hot takes - as seems to often be the case - so it'll be fun to see how it all pans out.

Still in Chet at #1, followed by Paolo and Ivey with Smith at 4. Got Duren, Griffin, Sharpe, Daniels, Eason, Murray rounding out the top ten, probably roughly in that order though it does depend a bit based on the team doing the drafting (not for fit, but projections for development arc). Maturin, Sochan, Davis, Dieng all in that next group after that.

I guess my hot take there is that I like Eason a lot more than some of the voices I've seen on Twitter do - I think Shamit is fully sold on Dieng top 10 and Eason considerably lower, for example.

Will be fun to see what happens.
    Basketball.

Thread Information