Hey All,
I've been reminiscing on all the seasons we have been through with this franchise. And how being a Hornets/Pelicans fan has always felt sort of different from other fanbases. For a long time, it felt like there weren't many places to talk about New Orleans basketball.
I grew up in the early 2000s. Back then, Hornets news outside of the games was hard to come by. Most of what I got was whatever highlights ESPN decided to show for 30 seconds a couple times a day, a newspaper article here and there, or whatever I could find during the limited time I had online.
When I discovered this forum, I was ecstatic! There were actually other people to talk to about Hornets basketball! I didn't post much and it took me awhile to create an account, but for once there were other options to talk about our team 24/7.
Lately I've noticed the activity here isn't what it once was, which is natural. But it has me thinking about everyone here, and how long some people have stuck with the team.
So who are the greatest New Orleans Basketball fans of all time?
Not necessarily the person with the most money who was able to afford season tickets every year just because.... But people who built communities, organized watch parties, traveled to away games, defended our franchise endlessly etc. year after year no matter what absolute madness came our way rather we were the Jazz, Hornets, Or Pelicans. I'd be interested in building a list. Not a ranking, at least not yet. More of an ongoing collection of names and stories.
Some examples could include:
- Longtime forum members
- Bloggers and writers
- Local advocates
- Season ticket holders
- People whose impact is remembered by the fanbase
Who belongs on the list of the greatest New Orleans basketball fans of all time, and why?



Reply With Quote