Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2024 NBA DRAFT INFO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I agree. How Yves Missi, the C from Baylor, is ahead of Kel' el Ware on most of the mocks ive seen is beyond my understanding
    I do like Missi, not so much on this team because I really don't see him ever shooting but the dude is a physical monster and I can see him being a serviceable backup big pretty quickly. Like if he went to Golden State or something they'd have him working quick.
    Basketball.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Laughing myself into a coma with Reed Sheppard recording a 42 inch vert out of absolutely nowhere.
    This has the be a first for a white dude since like 1958 right?

Last edited by ragincaucasian; 05-14-2024 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I do like Missi, not so much on this team because I really don't see him ever shooting but the dude is a physical monster and I can see him being a serviceable backup big pretty quickly. Like if he went to Golden State or something they'd have him working quick.
    Missi, to the Pels, would just rekindle our wishes of having a stretch 5. Kel' el is that dude and a rim protector to boot

turns out Kel'el was a bit taller and a two inch difference in reach 7'2" for Missi and Ware at 7'4"; that combined with Ware being more refined makes him the best C target for the Pels

i dont wanr clingan or edey or flipowski
    Last edited by fullcourtpress; 05-18-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Ware checks almost all the boxes for me : great size, shot-blocking, mobility and stretch 5 potential, thrived into an NBA style system (Woodson's), got over himself by failing his freshman year, native of Arkansas so Louisiana would feel close to home.
    Last edited by Blattman; 05-26-2024 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    Ware checks almost all the boxes for me : great size, shot-blocking, mobility and stretch 5 potential, thrived into an NBA style system (Woodson's), got over himself by failing his freshman year, native of Arkansas so Louisiana would feel close to home.

But don’t we need a proven stretch 5 who can shoot the 3 to pair perfectly with Z?

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    But don’t we need a proven stretch 5 who can shoot the 3 to pair perfectly with Z?

That would be ideal; but, its likely that we cant acquire one as a free agent nor via a fair trade; hence why not go for ont that has 'stretch 5 potential"

Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    He made 42.5 percent of his 3pt shot in his sophomore campaign. I can't say he's a proven stretch 5 given the sample size and his FT percentage, but it seems reasonable to see him evolve as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post

not that their ratings mean ********, but it interesting to note that Ware has the the highest overall rating on nbadraft.net (96) while being their 25th best prospect.
    the #1 pick on there also has a 96

https://x.com/ScoopB/status/1796185816479289767

And how would his fit on the Pels be any better than Jonas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mount_Zion View Post
    https://x.com/ScoopB/status/1796185816479289767

And how would his fit on the Pels be any better than Jonas?
    Worse fit at least JV could hit a jumper or 2. And this dude won't guard PnR any better than JV, I hope we don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Worse fit at least JV could hit a jumper or 2. And this dude won't guard PnR any better than JV, I hope we don't do this.
    Hopefully they are thinking cost controlled backup to a starting caliber center. Or they are hoping he turns into Jokic lol

Saw that Daron Holmes might have a promise in the late first round.
    I really love the guy but I hope it's not the pelicans, too many moving pieces in this draft to handcuff themselves with a promise.

After watching Luka and SGA do their thing for their perspective teams this year Im wanting our own big PG living in the paint and collapsing defenses

instead of trading for one of the hawks or cavs guards id rather cut a trade with someone in the top 5 and take nikola topic (for instance houston0

albeit unlikely, at least he could be one of the best guards in the conference, i mean the dude shot 68% on half-court lay-ups playing w grown men this year and he is 18
    the year before the draft these dudes averaged:
    luka 62%
    sga 54%
    morant 51%

his weakness is supposed to be his 3 ball but 18 year olds who shoot 87% from the FT will learn to hit the three

Thread Information