Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: October 25th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Dallas Mavericks - 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I know for a fact guy
    Okay, guy!! But you are still wrong. Give you points for doubling down, though.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    You know Hommes hasn't been with the Pels since last season right?
    Don't even remember him from last season tbh. I was just trying to quickly get rid of trash to match salaries. I'm sure there are similar ways to do so as it was a pretty arbitrary selection.

This is how you win as a team! We learned a lesson from the lost against Jazz and this time we managed to bring this W down - Great Job ! That's what it's all about

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I did read your post, and in all due respect you're wrong. But notice how I didn't call you out about it.
    What is this then? Wood refused to play in the SL and asked out. I guess he did not like having to compete for a spot. What makes you so convinces they chose Melli rather than Okafor over him?

I have already spilled all the beans multiple times about Wood, and it is true that the Pels wouldnt take him back now, even for free. Mavs offer him for Hayes and Temple, Griff says no. Today.

He is not the worst guy in the world, but he is insanely immature and has no accountability. The team basically had to employ a guy just to make sure he woke up on time every day, got to film room, stayed awake in film.

He is not a professional off the court. Super skilled on the court, but the opposite of everything Griff wants the culture to be. They have zero regrets about letting him walk
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I have already spilled all the beans multiple times about Wood, and it is true that the Pels wouldnt take him back now, even for free. Mavs offer him for Hayes and Temple, Griff says no. Today.

He is not the worst guy in the world, but he is insanely immature and has no accountability. The team basically had to employ a guy just to make sure he woke up on time every day, got to film room, stayed awake in film.

He is not a professional off the court. Super skilled on the court, but the opposite of everything Griff wants the culture to be. They have zero regrets about letting him walk
    It's not just you either. Anyone who has any kind of knowledge or connection has been saying the same thing for years on Twitter and elsewhere. Everyone knows Wood is a talented offensive player. Nobody seems to want him on their team for more than a cup of coffee. It doesn't take a genius to connect the dots with some of the murmuring and know the dude's not entirely on the level.
    Basketball.

And yet, somehow, after every good Wood game, 10 fans come out of the woodworks (no pun intended) asking how we could have let him go. Apparently the narrative hasn’t gotten out there well enough or something. I feel like this will still be a thing in 2026

Also, team thinks Zion and Herb can go tonight. BI is probably 20/80 for tonight but 50/50 for Clips and 80/20 for Lakers. What I was told

Next game is not tonight; it’s Friday night. Got an extra day for BI to recover.

He actually won’t go on the trip now. They are playing the long game

FFS is it really that bad?

That is just our MO at this point.. we are extra cautious with everything which is smart but annoying for fans lol

Plan as of last night was to have him go on the trip. Dont know what changed

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    FFS is it really that bad?
    No - I was told there was no effects as of last night

Plan as of last night was to have him go on the trip. Dont know what changed
    Probably NBA brass after NFL & Tua concussion situation.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What is this then? Wood refused to play in the SL and asked out. I guess he did not like having to compete for a spot. What makes you so convinced they chose Melli rather than Okafor over him?
    My source is real; I assure you. But just for fun, Melli and Okafor played two different positions (one was a traditional center...the other was suppose to be a stretch 4 (same as Wood), penciled in to back up the shiny, new Big Guy). They made no meaningful effort to retain Julius Randall, and showed Wood the door. That's just the facts.

Have a great day, my friend!!
    Last edited by As I See It; 10-27-2022 at 05:05 PM.

They made no meaningful effort to retain Julius Randall, and showed Wood the door.
    Both correct decisions by the way.

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Probably NBA brass after NFL & Tua concussion situation.
    Completely different situations. Wildly so. I don't think Tua has anything to do with BI not making this trip.

My source is real; I assure you. But just for fun, Melli and Okafor played two different positions (one was a traditional center...the other was suppose to be a stretch 4 (same as Wood), penciled in to back up the shiny, new Big Guy). They made no meaningful effort to retain Julius Randall, and showed Wood the door. That's just the facts.

Have a great day, my friend!!
    People who say Randall are just as bad as who say Woods

One of the easiest things in life is to get peoples names right

Why is it so hard to get a man's name right

Infuriating as shid

Season Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    People who say Randall are just as bad as who say Woods

One of the easiest things in life is to get peoples names right

Why is it so hard to get a man's name right

Infuriating as shid
    Its really not a big deal, AusPell.

Quote Originally Posted by Upper Decker View Post
    Its really not a big deal, AusPell.
    Words and grammar actually are a big deal, my guy

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    Both correct decisions by the way.
    In favor of Nocolo' Melli? Your position certainly can't be predicated on the on-the-court play of the three. One has been an All Star after his Pelican experience and the another is arguably the second best player on an NBA title contender this year; the third is somewhere in Europe 'killing it', I suppose.

Have a good one!!

There is a job waiting for you at the Office of the Vice President of the United States of America. Please apply forthwith.

There is a job waiting for you at the Office of the Vice President of the United States of America. Please apply forthwith.
    That's fine if you don't place a high value on language. I do though

Season Ticket Holder
    You missed the joke, AussPel.

Thread Information