Pelicans Report

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2022 NBA Draft Thread

The Franchise
    Got some good FA. Besson, Harper, Barlow, and Brockington.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    One guy I know some in the FO like re: 2nd round: Julian Champagnie. Heard some stuff about Vince Williams, Keon Ellis and a guy named Karlo Matkovic that I had never heard of before.
    They got their guy!

LOL - Now I gotta go read up on this dude. When my source texted me, I was like.... Who the F is that?!?!
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    When my source texted me,

Pels are killing this draft. 2nd year in a row.

Basketball.

Holy sh!t Travers went!

Just a few blocks away from me

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Great draft night, fellas. All the months of speculation, turned out pretty well.

Thats a fantastic draft. Need to make a roster spot for Liddell IMO. Still got some time to dump Temple into OKC's current space. Give them some cash and a future 2nd to eat that salary and cut him.

Starters

CJ-BI-Herb-Zion-Jonas

High Rotation

Nance, Trey, Jose

Fringe Rotation

Jaxson, Naji, Graham, Kira

Deep Rotation

Daniels, Liddell, Hernangomez

2-Way

Seabron, Jared Harper

Trajan talking about the draft

Dereon Seabron was named the ACC?s Most Improved Player and second-team all-conference. He redshirted his first year due to being an academic non-qualifier. He averaged 5.2 points and 3.5 rebounds in 17.4 minutes per game a year ago.

Seabron improved to 17.3 points, 8.2 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game. He shot 49.1 percent form the field and took over the point guard duties going into the ACC schedule.

Seabron had a season-high 39 points and 19 rebounds in 57 minutes in the four-overtime win vs. Nebraska on Dec. 1. He also had an ACC-best 32 points on 12 of 14 shooting, plus seven rebounds and seven assists in the first meeting Jan. 1 against Florida State. Seabron scored in double figures in all but two contests, and added 12 double-doubles for points and rebounds.

The Norfolk, Va., product biggest weakness was his outside shooting, which made him "iffy" on getting drafted. He shot 11 of 43 for 25.6 percent from beyond the arc.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Trajan talking about the draft
    Trajan says Dyson will be working with Fred Vinson. So it begins......

Trajan says there was "some reluctance with some players" re: coming here

LOL - understatment of the year

Trajan says there was "some reluctance with some players" re: coming here

LOL - understatment of the year
    I thought you said we were a destination now

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I thought you said we were a destination now
    We were for several guys. Dyson was practically begging to be here. Just a couple of guys camps didnt see the minutes and shots.

At the end of the day, it all worked out

We were for several guys. Dyson was practically begging to be here. Just a couple of guys camps didnt see the minutes and shots.

At the end of the day, it all worked out
    Best draft in Hornets/Pelicans history

"Dyson wasnt one of the guys hiding. He wanted to come in and he wanted to come in twice" - Trajan

I'm not sleeping tonight. I just can't believe this draft happened, I know I'm overreacting but I was not expecting this outcome at all. Without no trades too!
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Best draft in Hornets/Pelicans history
    That's how I feel and IDC how this ages. Cloud nine

"Dyson wasnt one of the guys hiding. He wanted to come in and he wanted to come in twice" - Trajan
    Shots fired by the Alaskan Assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I'm not sleeping tonight. I just can't believe this draft happened, I know I'm overreacting but I was not expecting this outcome at all. Without no trades too!
    Pels brass arent sleeping tonight. They cant believe how it fell. They really started feeling about 10 days ago that Daniels wouldnt be there and even had some talks with Indy about moving up. Then, as a bonus, EJ falls into their laps. They tried to get him in but couldnt, and understood because they had him in the early 20s. They felt pretty good after last year, okay in the Kira draft, but are on Cloud 9 tonight

Thread Information