Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 - 2022 Tank thread/ NBA draft thread/Trade ideas

I don’t know what Mac said (I used to follow him on Twitter, but I haven’t seen him in there recently). I have heard whispers about this team, and relocation (not from the media), so for all I know, Zion and the entire team might not be here long term.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I don’t know what Mac said (I used to follow him on Twitter, but I haven’t seen him in there recently). I have heard whispers about this team, and relocation (not from the media), so for all I know, Zion and the entire team might not be here long term.
    You have connections in the organization?

This is pretty bold claims fam.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Jaxson Hayes is up for trade and Pelicans have interest in making the play-in tourney, per @JakeLFischer

https://twitter.com/OlehKosel/status...ghtmode%3Dtrue

Gayla needs to fire Griff now...

Play in tournament is Mutually Assured Destruction & Mediocrity for the foreseeable future. Welcome to the dumpster fire that is the Pelicans... Getting into the fake playoffs is our Superbowl. If we win... We lose our draft pick. Just to get swept by the GSW.

Griff just needs to swallow his pride and do the right thing for the franchise long term. Let the Team acquire a high level talented guard prospect in the draft with Jaden Ivey. If you have to be let go... let it be...Quit this halfway competing and rebuilding bs. Save trading Jaxon for the offseason.

Just do the right thing and let us reap the rewards of this terrible season and quit making it worse when we end up drafting 13th again in no man's land with prospects that more often than not bust or needs years to be real contributors. We need a real top 10 ten prospect. If you move Hayes... that means in 4 years... you would have drafted zero top ten prospect to build around Zion and that's BIG YIKES.
    Last edited by Taker597; 12-14-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Jaxson Hayes is up for trade and Pelicans have interest in making the play-in tourney, per @JakeLFischer

https://twitter.com/OlehKosel/status...ghtmode%3Dtrue

Play in tournament.... Mutually Assured Mediocrity. Welcome to the dumpster fire that is the Pelicans... Getting into the fake playoffs is our Superbowl.

Griff just needs to swallow his pride and do the right thing for the franchise long term. Let the Team acquire a high level talented guard prospect in the draft with Jaden Ivey. If you have to be let go... let it be...Quit this halfway competing and rebuilding bs. Save trading Jaxon for the offseason.
    We need to fire Griff before be pulls some dumbass trade to try and get us into the play-ins.

Just tank the season for a top 5 pick PLEASE. The last thing we need is to screw up our tank and end the season with the 13th pick AGAIN.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I'm all for the tank. The advantage of making the play-in is you build something of a winning culture. Is that worth passing on potentially a solid to great long-term piece in this year's draft? (no)

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Is anyone looking at this draft and thinking ?we need to draft a guy to replace Zion??
    Not me although if they fall in the top 3, they'll be in position to grab someone that plays his spot as those are the best players in this draft. In that scenario, I would then reverse my thinking and think hard about trading him and moving on from the headache. My assumption right now is that if they fall in the 5-8 range, you look at a compliment like Mathurin, Beauchamp, McGowans or Christie

Bump since we got to many Zion threads .

Bennedict Mathurin

would be an ideal fit for the Pelicans. a 6'7" SG who can shoot, doesn't need the ball, but can get open, catch-lift and shoot. serious hops, good character. dude will be good.

at this point id probably take him fifth

Johnny Davis!

Report out that Pels execs were among those out in California meeting with the Clippers about possible trades of some of their vets. They have a couple of guys who might help out short term if Pels pushing to make play in, including Serge Ibaka, Marcus Morris and Justice Winslow.

We’ve got that big, fat $17 million trade exception to absorb salary. Any interest in raiding the Clips fridge?

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    We’ve got that big, fat $17 million trade exception to absorb salary. Any interest in raiding the Clips fridge?
    Sign me up for Luke Kennard; otherwise, just say, "NO"!!

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Report out that Pels execs were among those out in California meeting with the Clippers about possible trades of some of their vets. They have a couple of guys who might help out short term if Pels pushing to make play in, including Serge Ibaka, Marcus Morris and Justice Winslow.

The only trades I want to make are the ones that are looking beyond this season. I would love to make the play-in, but am unwilling to make a short-term move that requires giving up ANY long-term assets. If we get a long term piece on a multi-year contract, fine, but we should not be taking any expirings.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Sign me up for Luke Kennard; otherwise, just say, "NO"!!
    Agreed.

What is Luke Kanards value? I know people like him, but when the Clips were in the crunch last postseason they didn’t count on him at all.

From ESPN/Bobby Marks:

Trade we would like to see: Satoransky and Garrett Temple to New York for Evan Fournier and a future first from Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by TennMan23 View Post
    Thank you. Since the then Hornets came to NOLA, I?ve only probably have missed a handful of games. Growing up in this area I always dreamed of us having our own NBA team. Jazz was before my time. I will continue to watch or go to all the games no matter the circumstances. Know why? Because I?m a true fan! If they ever become something real then it will really mean something to me. Band wagon fans won?t experience that true exhilaration. Like when the Saints won the Super Bowl, those of us who cheered for them through years of them not even breaking.500, we felt it!
    Great to hear TennMan23! Stick it out with these guys. I'm glad you didn't have to subject yourself to the old board in the 2004-2007 era. Saying that you were a "true fan" would get you in trouble with the haters back then. All they did was trash the players, team and league and then wondered why we would call them out for not being true fans. Complete idiots. I'm glad that this board has progressed to where it has.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    From ESPN/Bobby Marks:
    And why would NY do that?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    And why would NY do that?
    To unload Fournier's contract.

New York just acquired Cam reddish from Atlanta… That’s another Duke connection for them. Next up, Zion.

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    New York just acquired Cam reddish from Atlanta… That’s another Duke connection for them. Next up, Zion.
    If that's their plan, then next up would be some assets that we'd be interested in 2-3 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Century City View Post
    Great to hear TennMan23! Stick it out with these guys. I'm glad you didn't have to subject yourself to the old board in the 2004-2007 era. Saying that you were a "true fan" would get you in trouble with the haters back then. All they did was trash the players, team and league and then wondered why we would call them out for not being true fans. Complete idiots. I'm glad that this board has progressed to where it has.
    Thank you sir! Yes I’m glad it’s changed as well. Don’t think I could stick around a board like that. Some people just like to be miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    To unload Fournier's contract.
    Yeah I get that, but why? There aren't in the tax. Must be a move for FA's next season.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    Unless they’re giving us Barrett and Reddish, the Knicks only desirable assets are their 1sts. Because that is a lineup that won’t defend worth a spit.

Thread Information