Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Training Camp Thread

See what role Lonzo has

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Being ready for season opener. That's a refreshing change.

The only major change I'm expecting is Zion back to his Duke work defensively

Not expecting any other huge leaps in play

I'm still stuck on..."attack from inside out"

Been begging for that for years.

No Reddick or Bledsoe (medical protocols) and no Gabriel (tendonitis) for Miami game on Monday. Adams questionable (left hamstring). Hope NAW gets the start.

Mac tweeted that the font office is OBSESSED with NAW

He's definitely starting

Good start with Adams hammy

JJ REDICK

One 'D'

It was semi acceptable last year, but the guy has been on this team almost 18 months at this point.

Redick. One 'D'
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    JJ REDICK

One 'D'

It was semi acceptable last year, but the guy has been on this team almost 18 months at this point.

Redick. One 'D'
    This is true

Although Mike, you're not impartial to the occasional (frequent) spelling error(s) in your Tweets/posts. Just for posterity

Why isn't Redick spelt Reddick anyway? Makes no linguistic sense
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-13-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Its not a contest. Everyone makes mistakes. But spelling one of our best players name wrong for a second season cant happen. If everyone does their part to call it out when they see it, this disease will be cured in no time

Its not a contest. Everyone makes mistakes. But spelling one of our best players name wrong for a second season cant happen. If everyone does their part to call it out when they see it, this disease will be cured in no time
    I concur that what's good for the goose, is also good for the gander

While we are discussing this, can we stop the one of the worst language diseases out there which is " I pissed myself". No you idiots, it's "I pissed ON myself". My god I hate that dumb non-grammatical phrase.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    While we are discussing this, can we stop the one of the worst language diseases out there which is " I pissed myself". No you idiots, it's "I pissed ON myself". My god I hate that dumb non-grammatical phrase.
    Nothing about what you just said is correct

"I pissed myself" refers to slang meaning I laughed so hard I wet my pants

It means you laugh super hard and urinate on your person without choice
    Last edited by AusPel; 12-13-2020 at 06:11 PM.

JJ REDICK

One 'D'

Redick. One 'D'
    I apologize for giving you a Red-dick, Mikey. I do realize some folks are really anal about such things.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I apologize for giving you a Red-dick, Mikey. I do realize some folks are really anal about such things.
    As far as spelling mistakes go, I think Redick with 2 'd's is the lightest of the light

I actually get annoyed I can't spell it Reddick.

Conventions of the Engilsh language teach us that it should be spelled with 2 'd's

But here we are

I liked him as a prospect but I was hoping we werent going to draft Precious Achiuwa because I had to look it up every time I had to write his name. And on Twitter it always autocorrected to accurate

Autocorrect can be like heaps problematic and stuff sometimes loL

hEHe

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I can't stand when people don't know the difference between lose and loose. What Loosers!!!

It does annoy me a little bit as well but if we call that out, then we also have to call it out whenever someone says ''could of'' rather than ''could have'', and that alone would consume the entire board.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It does annoy me a little bit as well but if we call that out, then we also have to call it out whenever someone says ''could of'' rather than ''could have'', and that alone would consume the entire board.
    Could of is the worst ever

His in place of he's is close

People still spell Payton like Peyton.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I mean, in fairness, we are quibbling over spelling and grammar on a board which is a fan-site for an NBA team. The NBA, that is, the league which has official games commentated on by people who can't even pronounce the name of a 2x MVP and DPOY. Fidelity to language has never been a requirement.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    I'm just mad people keep putting cilantro on everything.
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

What in the actual ******** is this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    If you have a complaint regarding spelling, please file it here.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    The annual Preseason Eve's Airing of Grievances. We stole Festivus from the pagans.

Thread Information