Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: October 22nd - New Orleans Pelicans @ Toronto Raptors - 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why does this dude spite us so much all of a sudden... Is it because we force him to play the 5 last year?
    right? that's something I don't get I feel like we protected him the entire time he was here but he wants come out and just talk crap now. like you've literally had better players on rosters except for lebum that's it but some how you didn't have help

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    That's on the coach IMO. You TELL HIM SPECIFICALLY that you want him shooting, and to shoot the damn ball if you get it.
    yes and thats why i believe gentry pulled melli out in overtime for favors because he was not shooting the 3s when he had the ball...he was the hot shooter from deep so i believe gentry told him to shoot the ball but he was deferring to jrue,,lonzo or ingram instead of shooting when he had a opening to shoot...

Clippers choked the lead too. Guess Doc is testing things.

like you're winning right now on spite of lebum lol think about that lol

Dwight Howard grew up finally?

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i think the starters made him go full roster tonight....the backups play like he want the team to play and thats fast........i thought gentry was going with a 8 or 9 man rotation tonight...
    Nah it was predetermined. Gentry spoke the other day about needing more time to figure out the roster. He was serious af.

Rondo like a coach now or something. Wearing a suit

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Dwight Howard grew up finally?
    lol its the first game come on he'll talk crap don't worry lol

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Nah it was predetermined. Gentry spoke the other day about needing more time to figure out the roster. He was serious af.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    and that's sad bc when idiot fans like us know what the rotations should be and he doesn't that messed up

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I'm watching this game and laughing bc he talks all that ******** about being the only good player on the pels and after game 1 he literally needs help lmfao

Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol
    We get Zion back we just give him the ball. Don’t have to worry about Alvin forgetting lineups or Holiday’s horrible shooting.

Davis on bench in 4th? He calling it a night?

Love the fact that the Lakers are only within touching distance of this game because Danny Green decided to go absolutely blackout insane from 3. Just complete smoking gun, blowtorch, that man is on fire hot. He's their second leading scorer with 21 on 6 of 8 from 3.

Outside of Green and AD, the Lakers have... 39 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This difference is NAW is in his VERY FIRST PROFESSIONAL GAME AND PEOPLE AREN'T DISCUSSING GIVING HIM A MAX CONTRACT. I don't see anyone pounding their chest about NAW right now. I think everyone realizes he's going to have growing pains. I also don't see people tearing Ingram down. Get over it. This nonsense is already annoying as heck and we aren't even through the first regular season game of the year.
    Yea it is annoying you’re right!! When there is a post of if Ingram made a damn bad pass in warm ups it does get old. Ingram also couldn’t even workout or shoot a basketball for near 6 months up until very recently. But NAW gets a pass without a mention because he’s young and that’s the reasoning? I’m a huge huge NAW fan but he played bad plain and simple and yes I do give him a break for being young. The difference is it wasn’t even mentioned.. Jrue my favorite player plays terrible for a long stretch a mention of he just “needs to get it going” while every move a certain player makes is critiqued with some extra dramatic words. I think it has been a little ridiculous one way and it isn’t me. I’ll just let off on calling it out cause I don’t care now as I’m not the only one noticing. I will continue to let the play do the talking although nothing will be enough. This kid could make the all star team and there would be advanced stats that aren’t the greatest, called a ball stopper to gets stats, and whatever else..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 10-22-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Davis going 0-1 too

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    The LeBron that used to take over games is long gone. He is a shell of the player he once was.

Lakers are effed for the forseeable future.

And never forget this:

The New Orleans Pelicans and the Los Angeles Lakers will be mentioned together at the NBA Draft possibly all the way until 2025.

The Pelicans dealt Anthony Davis to the Lakers for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and three first-round picks. Now, we know exactly what the picks are.

First, the Pelicans are receiving the No. 4 pick in the upcoming NBA Draft on Thursday. [JAXSON HAYES AND NAW]

After that, the Pelicans will get the Lakers pick in 2021 if it falls in the top eight, if not that pick will be conveyed in 2022 as an unprotected pick. New Orleans also gets the right to swap first-round picks in 2023 - after LeBron James contract is done with the Lakers.

In 2024, the Pelicans also get an unprotected first-round pick from Los Angeles but New Orleans could opt to delay that selection until the 2025 draft and use the unprotected pick that year.

The Los Angeles Times was first to fully report the pick protections and possible deferment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

We can offer Moore for Kuzma since Davis needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    We can offer Moore for Kuzma since Davis needs help.
    Would rather have Moore

I'm not as mad now for losing bc the fakers suckec tonight lmao

Man I just finished the game! Well that sucked! I still thought we looked very good and that was with our best player Zion Williamson not playing who I’m confident we win with. We are so young and it will take a few games before we get the chemistry close to teams who just won an NBA Championship.

Jrue had a terrible night and he alone playing better we win. He just had a really weird game where he never felt comfortable and didn’t show the aggressiveness we need from him. Just wait for MVP Jrue Griff was talking about and watch out! Fluke night he will turn it up.

Lonzo played all around solid looking very good from 3pt. I wasn’t so happy with his minutes and would like to see them go up a good bit more somewhere between 30-34 and he only got 24 including the OT minutes he played. Would have liked having him on the floor to close the game but I understood the lineup and trust Gentry. He needs to get better at attacking the rim and this kid could really be great. He’s a legit 15/10/6 PG with 30+ minutes a night. Can’t wait to see him grow.

JJ I thought looked great tonight and played exactly like we beoifrn him in to do. Guy was lights out making shots all over and clutch ones as well. Would like to see him get a few more mpg as well but not much to keep his legs fresh. He’s been averaging about 30 mpg the last few seasons which I would love but with our guard talent we can possibly give him some rest more nights when Philly has no options. Nice to see he hasn’t lost a step either with his quickness.

Ingram played an all around good game with very solid defense as well. I didn’t understand not asking him to lock down Siakim down as he was guarding him well when on him but mostly had Annouby. He had 22/5/5 but could have made a few more shots and obviously played better. Just shows you how good he can be leaving some buckets that should have dropped and a couple of passes off the board.

Favors did his job with nothing special. He should have some really good games and I expect this to be on the downside of his games. I like the rotation of Melli/Okafor for him for now and think his minutes look solid. When Zion gets back some things will oncisouoy change with who plays of these bigs minutes.

Hart looks like an absolute beast and what I have been saying as the most forgotten man in the trade. He was a nation champion at Villanova as the best player and has done nothing but be a versatile defensive, hustling, fan favorite, SG/SF who can light it up from 3 as a legit 3 and D player for the Lakers. Has more then just 3 point potential and was such a huge get for this team that I know had to kill the Lakers losing him. We are just so guard spoiled he gets a little lost haha but won’t be for long!

Okafor looks like the bully center I always thought he could develop into. He was someone I always said simply just needs time to get his body right and continue developing his skill set. I thought he looked like that player and someone who can really be a solid threat for us. Having Favors and Melli with very different skill sets that compliment what we lose with him making us king matchups.

Melli looks exactly like what we lost in Niko but a little more of an ability to be a center. He looked great tonight as he did all pre season. He was an incredible find for this team and has filled our need for a stretch shooting big for the next 5+ years.

Frank looked very solid tonight as a 2 way player. Loved that he worked out with Jrue all off season and when watching him he looks very similar to how his style is defending. Another young guard who I think is going to be one of the better bench players in the league along NAW in a year giving us a Lillard/CJ duo off our bench!

NAW really didn’t look bad tonight but shots just weren’t following. I like that he had the confidence as a rookie to keep shooting. Those shots will fall and he’s gonna have some truly fun nights to watch. The kid is that good where he’s one of those players that has his own great uniqueness you can’t really compare to someone else.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 10-23-2019 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Man I just finished the game! Well that sucked! I still thought we looked very good and that was with our best player Zion Williamson not playing who I’m confident we win with. We are so young and it will take a few games before we get the chemistry close to teams who just won an NBA Championship.

Jrue had a terrible night and he alone playing better we win. He just had a really weird game where he never felt comfortable and didn’t show the aggressiveness we need from him. Just wait for MVP Jrue Griff was talking about and watch out! Fluke night he will turn it up.

Lonzo played all around solid looking very good from 3pt. I wasn’t so happy with his minutes and would like to see them go up a good bit more somewhere between 30-34 and he only got 24 including the OT minutes he played. Would have liked having him on the floor to close the game but I understood the lineup and trust Gentry. He needs to get better at attacking the rim and this kid could really be great. He’s a legit 15/10/6 PG with 30+ minutes a night. Can’t wait to see him grow.

JJ I thought looked great tonight and played exactly like we beoifrn him in to do. Guy was lights out making shots all over and clutch ones as well. Would like to see him get a few more mpg as well but not much to keep his legs fresh. He’s been averaging about 30 mpg the last few seasons which I would love but with our guard talent we can possibly give him some rest more nights when Philly has no options. Nice to see he hasn’t lost a step either with his quickness.

Ingram played an all around good game with very solid defense as well. I didn’t understand not asking him to lock down Siakim down as he was guarding him well when on him but mostly had Annouby. He had 22/5/5 but could have made a few more shots and obviously played better. Just shows you how good he can be leaving some buckets that should have dropped and a couple of passes off the board.

Favors did his job with nothing special. He should have some really good games and I expect this to be on the downside of his games. I like the rotation of Melli/Okafor for him for now and think his minutes look solid. When Zion gets back some things will oncisouoy change with who plays of these bigs minutes.

Hart looks like an absolute beast and what I have been saying as the most forgotten man in the trade. He was a nation champion at Villanova as the best player and has done nothing but be a versatile defensive, hustling, fan favorite, SG/SF who can light it up from 3 as a legit 3 and D player for the Lakers. Has more then just 3 point potential and was such a huge get for this team that I know had to kill the Lakers losing him. We are just so guard spoiled he gets a little lost haha but won’t be for long!

Okafor looks like the bully center I always thought he could develop into. He was someone I always said simply just needs time to get his body right and continue developing his skill set. I thought he looked like that player and someone who can really be a solid threat for us. Having Favors and Melli with very different skill sets that compliment what we lose with him making us king matchups.

Melli looks exactly like what we lost in Niko but a little more of an ability to be a center. He looked great tonight as he did all pre season. He was an incredible find for this team and has filled our need for a stretch shooting big for the next 5+ years.

Frank looked very solid tonight as a 2 way player. Loved that he worked out with Jrue all off season and when watching him he looks very similar to how his style is defending. Another young guard who I think is going to be one of the better bench players in the league along NAW in a year giving us a Lillard/CJ duo off our bench!

NAW really didn’t look bad tonight but shots just weren’t following. I like that he had the confidence as a rookie to keep shooting. Those shots will fall and he’s gonna have some truly fun nights to watch. The kid is that good where he’s one of those players that has his own great uniqueness you can’t really compare to someone else.
    NAW was trying to force most of his threes

Thread Information