Pelicans Report

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1343

Thread: 2019 Official NBA Free Agent thread

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

Well, you add that to his salary last year with Golden State and it’s almost $40m.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Kyle Korver
    I mean... I guess. He's the kind of guy you add on top of a foundation though, not the guy you pick up to fix the giant gaping holes in your roster.
    Basketball.

$5.3M + $3.5M = $40M?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    So basically 2017-18 Pels plus Lebron
    Heck no 2017-18 Cousins was far superior pre injury.

Basketball Guru
    so i guess we the lakers plus zion.....and the lakers are the pels plus lebron lol......i know we are playing the lakers on Christmas day....i hope its down here....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    so i guess we the lakers plus zion.....and the lakers are the pels plus lebron lol......i know we are playing the lakers on Christmas day....i hope its down here....
    The Lakers plus Zion

And Jrue, JJ Redick, Derrick Favors, E'twaun Moore, Jaxson Hayes and Nickiel Alexander-Walker.

They're the Pels plus Lebron

Minus Jrue, plus Jared Dudley and KCP.

I know which team I'd rather have.

Basketball Guru
    pels VS lakers

clippers VS toronto

nets VS boston

heat VS philly

this should be the christmas games....maybe the knicks VS the warriors also..

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The Lakers plus Zion

And Jrue, JJ Redick, Derrick Favors, E'twaun Moore, Jaxson Hayes and Nickiel Alexander-Walker.

They're the Pels plus Lebron

Minus Jrue, plus Jared Dudley and KCP.

I know which team I'd rather have.

players on both teams should have chips on their shoulders that should make it a good hard playing game each time we meet....

Gayle will not allow any home games on Christmas. It’s a religious holiday.(Joking)
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 07-06-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Anyone feel sorry for Davis now?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    LOLLLLLL

Lakers signing Cook too? Championship! LOL!

https://www.sfgate.com/warriors/arti...n-14076121.php

Cousins contract . LOL.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

This has been a wild offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post

This has been a wild offseason.
    If you have a basketball team and are interested in trading for Chris Paul . Contact Rockets GM Daryl Morey

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Let's see:

Lebron missed 27 games this past year...
    DeMarcus Cousins missed more than half of his team's games over the last two years and has not played as many 70 games in any one season since 2013-14...
    Rajon Rondo only participated in 46 games last season....
    Anthony Davis has played less than 70 games in all but two of his seven season in New Orleans.....

This team doesn't need a training facility...they need a MASH Unit.

There is something annoying about this. One season ago, Pelicans lost Rondo and Boogie on the offseason after sweeping Portland on playoffs first round. Rondo gave 5 minutes to the Pelicans to match Lakers' offer. Cousins rejected all Pelicans' offers and signed with the Warriors for the MLE. Pelicans' FO managed to sign Payton, Randle and Okafor for cheap, but they still took the blame for missing Rondo and Cousins.

Now the Lakers have missed Kawhi, but I'm hearing even praise for recovering and sign Rondo and Boogie for cheap. They have been convinced by Davis. Why couldn't he do the same last year? Why nobody praised Payton, Randle and Okafor signings and now are praising Rondo and Boogie contracts? Yeah. I get it. The point was to justify Davis forcing his way out.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    We laugh about it, but if the Pelicans team that had Boogie AD and Rondo also had Lebrun instead of Solomon Hill, that would have been a championship contending squad. Although I have mixed emotions about this I am interested to see the Boogie AD pairing again. Always felt that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    We laugh about it, but if the Pelicans team that had Boogie AD and Rondo also had Lebrun instead of Solomon Hill, that would have been a championship contending squad. Although I have mixed emotions about this I am interested to see the Boogie AD pairing again. Always felt that could work.
    I can be sarcastic but I wish nobody any physical harm. This said, I fervently believe that Boogie Cousins will never recover. He'll have opportunities, but he will never be an "A" or "B" Lister again.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I can be sarcastic but I wish nobody any physical harm. This said, I fervently believe that Boogie Cousins will never recover. He'll have opportunities, but he will never be an "A" or "B" Lister again.
    Agreed.

His game was never based on athleticism, speed, or hops, but it required a certain minimum to make it work. His handles weren't incredible, but for a big man they were good enough that he could get by people as long as he had even SOME speed. Now he's even slower, the handle doesn't work. Same for finishing at the rim: he led the league in having his shots blocked even before the injury, but now that he has literally no bounce whatsoever, he's even more vulnerable around the rim. He never had a super bouncy jump shot either, but the lift he DID get is gone now and his perimeter shooting fell off a cliff as a result.

He was never a great defender either, but he had good general instincts for loose balls and passing lanes, but again, the injury robbed him of his (already low) lateral quickness and now he's just a traffic cone on defense.

He had a skillset that was tailored to maximise his play despite relatively unimpressive athleticism, speed, and footwork. Now he has zero athleticism, speed, and footwork, and his skillset isn't good ENOUGH to hold him at star level with that extra decrease in physical ability.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Uh, wouldn't it be more accurate to say LeBron instead of Jrue instead of Hill? You know, star for star instead of star for trash?

The Thunder got a slightly better trade for PG13 than the Pels got for AD, but to be fair, more than what the Thunder got back, it’s about the freedom they are getting by getting rid of PG13. That Thunder team had peaked, and wasn’t going to get better. By getting off PG13 and getting SGA they are getting a great piece to build with. By getting Galo they are getting a near AS player on an expiring (a guy who many of us wanted here if the Clipps went for the salary dump). They also got a ton of draft picks to go along with future cap space. It’s a nice haul.

Where we can come out ahead is if the Lakers absolutely suck it up the years we get their draft picks. Given the players I would have preferred what OKC got over Ball, Ingram, and Hart.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information