Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: December 19th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Milwaukee Bucks - 15-16

Gentry can hit the road. He always go back to bad habits as soon as gets a little success.

I can’t even

Please, I am BEGGING you guys, go to the paint! Drive! Go Inside! You are in the bonus!!!
    Basketball.

17 points in 13 minutes.. Okafor can’t get on the floor . This is foolish
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

I'm glad Miller is hitting that shot, but please please less threes.

Please stop shooting threes.

Other teams can just play zone because we shoot the 3 so poorly. They don’t even have to try as they can just sit people in the paint all day

And of course, Jrue, five feet away from the basket, turns around and passes it out for a three.

Story of this quarter.

Is Chris Finch good at developing big men?

Absolutely horrendous coaching tonight .

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    God help us. We have the worst coach in the league. When is it going to end? Please make it stop.

This is all on Gentry. Okafor should have been out there. He earned that right.

coaching is starting to become an actual factor

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Gentry has lost the Pelicans 12 games

I’ve decommitted from this team . I can’t support this . An absolute lazy game plan tonight. Hey guys let’s just play with pace and shoot 3s

Gentry is by far the biggest reason we will probably lose AD. He needed to be fired years ago and we gave him an extension. This organization’s incompetence knows no bounds.

Gentry is a trash ****** coach and we don't have the balls to can him

The fire has to come from somewhere, and it’s certainly not coming from AD, Jrue or Gentry.

Gentry has to go. Finch needs to take over.

I've been so generous to Gentry through his tenure. People have been calling to fire him for a long time, and I've always said to be patient, and pointed to things like the 10 game win streak last season, the efficacy of the offense, etc, as evidence that he can coach. Yes, the defense has been up and down, but that's been Erman's job (Although it is on Gentry as the head coach to still pay attention to defense).

But tonight highlighted his biggest flaw as a coach: his rotations are bad, his minute management is haphazard, and he cannot adjust. If something works for 5 minutes, he will run it into the ground the rest of the game until it's so devoid of value that it's laughable.

Tonight we hit 8 threes in the first quarter. No doubt Gentry wanted to do that all game, but once AD left he was forced to play Okafor, and even he's not stupid enough to tell Okafor to fire away from deep, so instead we played a mixed attack inside and out, and it worked; we stayed in it.

AD came back. Instead of thinking, ''hey, this mixed attack thing has been working, let's play AD inside and out and maybe reward Okafor for his work keeping us in the game with some minutes'', he said ''oh good, AD is back, we can go back to that shooting thing from the first quarter.''

And that killed us. Three after three after three after three after three with absolutely nothing inside. No team does that naturally. WE don't do that every game. That can only be the result of them being told to focus on the long ball.

Awful coaching job.

I hate to see the man get fired but it’s time for Gentry to go .

We don’t play defense. Our offense is completely broken and Gentry only solution is to play faster and smaller .

This season is so dissapointing...

we sit here and wonder why some guys can't get mins when gentry will literally play one guy 4 mins bring in another guy play him 20 and then bring in the guy who played 4 mins in the first half in crucial mins he doesn't make sense he doesn knw what he's doing

like someone explain to me why okafor wasn't in the game when he kept us in it gentry appears to always put smart hisself

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I've been so generous to Gentry through his tenure. People have been calling to fire him for a long time, and I've always said to be patient, and pointed to things like the 10 game win streak last season, the efficacy of the offense, etc, as evidence that he can coach. Yes, the defense has been up and down, but that's been Erman's job (Although it is on Gentry as the head coach to still pay attention to defense).

But tonight highlighted his biggest flaw as a coach: his rotations are bad, his minute management is haphazard, and he cannot adjust. If something works for 5 minutes, he will run it into the ground the rest of the game until it's so devoid of value that it's laughable.

Tonight we hit 8 threes in the first quarter. No doubt Gentry wanted to do that all game, but once AD left he was forced to play Okafor, and even he's not stupid enough to tell Okafor to fire away from deep, so instead we played a mixed attack inside and out, and it worked; we stayed in it.

AD came back. Instead of thinking, ''hey, this mixed attack thing has been working, let's play AD inside and out and maybe reward Okafor for his work keeping us in the game with some minutes'', he said ''oh good, AD is back, we can go back to that shooting thing from the first quarter.''

And that killed us. Three after three after three after three after three with absolutely nothing inside. No team does that naturally. WE don't do that every game. That can only be the result of them being told to focus on the long ball.

Awful coaching job.
    This is an absolutely perfect evaluation of Gentry turning a possible W into a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddddddddddddd loss. BAD!!!!!

Thread Information