Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 NBA trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    God no.
    Why not? He's a ball in hand guard coming off a year he averaged 28.9 points as 6 assists.. You don't just fall off a cliff like that at his age, it's gotta be something with the scheme or LBJ in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Payton is a just as bad as Rondo. The infatuation with him must stem from him being a Louisiana guy.
    LoL not even close

Quote Originally Posted by kidjock24 View Post
    Buy-out market could be just as hot as the trade deadline market. So many teams gearing up for 2019. NBA is crazy
    Yep, it's like free agency in the middle of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    Why not? He's a ball in hand guard coming off a year he averaged 28.9 points as 6 assists.. You don't just fall off a cliff like that at his age, it's gotta be something with the scheme or LBJ in Cleveland
    Because his defense is garbage. The last thing we need is his defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL not even close
    Probably worse, you're right.

Really wanted us to get Henzonja.. this offseason is going to be a busy one for us.. would have liked to make a deal before the deadline but this summer will be much easier. We have 2 guys in Diallo and Jackson that could be good assets for us when right now they are simply unknown. We also can go the route of move guys like Mirotic and Moore if the right deal presents itself. Plus we will be able to move next years 1st round pick. We will be sitting in a very good position to improve this team in the summer imo. Excited to see how this team plays the rest of the year along with what should be a fun offseason.

Probably worse, you're right.
    LoL yea Rondo is better then a 23 year old PG who is a very good athlete averaging 13 and 6 while shooting 52% from the field along with a respectable 37% from 3.. go find me some guards shooting over 50%.. Rondo is nowhere near the player or talent Payton is at the moment.. all while playing on one of the worst teams in the NBA.. I'm sure Rondo would thrive in that situation lol.. but yea you're right..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 02-08-2018 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jprdbulldog20 View Post

That's giving up quick.. Wonder what happened with him?

Bigs I want:

Willie Reed (has a 6 game suspension for domestic violence charge so not sure if that takes him off the market)
    Channing Frye
    Georgios Papagiannis
    Andrew Bogut

Guards:
    Who is available so far?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Unfortunately, that's likely the caliber of player we can expect to scoop up on this buyout period.

Would not be a bad pickup for Pels.

Must be pretty bad. I like his size, but if he cannot make the Kings, it has to be a bad sign.

but yea you're right..
    So we agree.

So we agree.
    LoL I don't think anybody that watches basketball agrees with you.. the #s don't lie.. but whatever floats your boat!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Would not be a bad pickup for Pels.
    I would much rather Diallo get those minutes.. now if Diaw came here for spot minutes and end of the bench big I would love it.. I'm just afraid Gentry will find a way to give Diallo no minutes once again.

I would much rather Diallo get those minutes.. now if Diaw came here for spot minutes and end of the bench big I would love it.. I'm just afraid Gentry will find a way to give Diallo no minutes once again.
    We need a bigger body who can relieve AD at the 5 at times against bigger 5s. May be Okafor if he pans out. Diallo is not that player.

We need a bigger body who can relieve AD at the 5 at times against bigger 5s. May be Okafor if he pans out. Diallo is not that player.
    I agree he's not but neither is Diaw. If we bring in any big it needs to be a big body who plays strictly for matchup purposes giving AD a little break. If Ajinca can come back he's probably as good as we are going to find. Our best route to winning is AD playing the 5 most of the game but to keep him healthy we need to atleast have the option of minimizing those minutes against players like Adams. When you look at all of the teams we might see in the playoffs imo only OKC, Denver, and the Jazz are teams we will need a big that can bang in the paint.

I agree he's not but neither is Diaw. If we bring in any big it needs to be a big body who plays strictly for matchup purposes giving AD a little break. If Ajinca can come back he's probably as good as we are going to find. Our best route to winning is AD playing the 5 most of the game but to keep him healthy we need to atleast have the option of minimizing those minutes against players like Adams. When you look at all of the teams we might see in the playoffs imo only OKC, Denver, and the Jazz are teams we will need a big that can bang in the paint.
    Diaw is not tall, but he is a big solid body. He is not slight. He is built much better for taking the banging than Diallo. However, just a name of someone that may help. There is slim pickings right now.

LoL I don't think anybody that watches basketball agrees with you.. the #s don't lie.. but whatever floats your boat!
    So you're saying no one agrees with us.

So you're saying no one agrees with us.
    Yall need to stop yelling agreements and hurling compliments at eachother. This is supposed to be a civil community!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Diaw is not tall, but he is a big solid body. He is not slight. He is built much better for taking the banging than Diallo. However, just a name of someone that may help. There is slim pickings right now.
    Yea but Diaw does not have the length or athleticism to be a 5.. he's thick but that doesn't mean he's what we need at the 5 in anyway.. I would rather Diallo play the 5 then Diaw.. I like Diaw but I just don't think he is what we are looking for.. we need a big for guys like Gobert, Adams, and Jokic.. Diaw would be a disaster guarding those guys. If we didn't have Mirotic then sure but we imo we don't have a spot for him. I think Terrance Jones would be a much better fit and someone I could see coming here. I'm a big fan of Montijuenas and would love to bring him in. With guys like Asik and Ajinca in the NBA it blows my mind how he does not have a roster spot somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    Yall need to stop yelling agreements and hurling compliments at eachother. This is supposed to be a civil community!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
    You stay out of this or I'll start throwing compliments your way next!

Must be pretty bad. I like his size, but if he cannot make the Kings, it has to be a bad sign.
    Didn't they take Richardson and Papa in that draft? Lol

Thread Information