Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4 Brandon Ingram Trade Destinations

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I'm an Ingram fan and I'm still here. Maybe this was the wakeup call he needed to improve his shot profile. It isnt like he's devoid of talent.
    He is going into year 9 and has never won a playoff series. The results of his current style have been laid out for him, and he refuses to acknowledge it. He's been constantly pushed to change his shot profile since he got into the league.

The one coach who focused hard on getting BI off ball and taking 3s (SVG) got fired because of a number of reasons, but one of them - according to Bleacher Report - is that Brandon Ingram really disliked him.

He has talent. I don't think anyone is denying this. But he plays a prehistoric form of basketball that does not work in 2024, and he's not even the best at that form of basketball to justify it. He's a top 60 player who would have been a top 25 player in 2003, but it isn't 2003. If he hasn't realised that by 2024, I'm not willing to pay him to see if he realises it by 2027.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He is going into year 9 and has never won a playoff series. The results of his current style have been laid out for him, and he refuses to acknowledge it. He's been constantly pushed to change his shot profile since he got into the league.

The one coach who focused hard on getting BI off ball and taking 3s (SVG) got fired because of a number of reasons, but one of them - according to Bleacher Report - is that Brandon Ingram really disliked him.

He has talent. I don't think anyone is denying this. But he plays a prehistoric form of basketball that does not work in 2024, and he's not even the best at that form of basketball to justify it. He's a top 60 player who would have been a top 25 player in 2003, but it isn't 2003. If he hasn't realised that by 2024, I'm not willing to pay him to see if he realises it by 2027.
    I don't think he's a guy you pay 50 mil a year either and like I said, I'm a fan of his. You have to prove it in the playoffs and we see how that went. I agree with Nichols that he will likely get his max extension but hopefully, finally, he will get humbled a little and see what he needs to do to get better results. I think all players go through this albeit in different ways. Such as Jordan and Kobe trying to carry their teams by scoring an insane amount of points and it not working. Not that BI is anywhere on their level, just that all of these guys get humbled in some way and then hopefully figure out what they need to do individually to give the team the best chance at success. He seems like a humble guy. I hope for him that he figures it out.

what about Jalen green.

I've never liked his inneficient game but

he's only 22 and in the 16 games they played in April he averaged 27 pts 6 reb and 4 ast while shooting 40% from the arc. Given he doesn't normally shoot three's that well; his free throw average (80%) could be indicative of him shooting 3's better in the future

My fear is that Trajan and Grif. are noticing interest in Ingram stock is higher that they thought and they will back off from moving him. Give him the money. Simply feel his bad stats late in season could have been due to the injury he was recovering.

Thread Information