Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4 Brandon Ingram Trade Destinations

NBA 4 Brandon Ingram Trade Destinations

Interesting. Some of this we knew already but worth bringing up again since the media taking a closer look at it now . The Cleveland trade would look nice. Give me Garland!

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/artic...17201_40295812

The Hawks one is very possible

They Have Two Point Guards (Trae,Murray) and will be looking to trade one

What about Donovan Mitchell if he is leaving..offer Ingram in a package for him [he would have to want to re sign here obviously]

The Magic - I don't see it. They need guards and Ingram doesn't help their spacing issues

Kings- Unless Keegan Murray is coming, pass
    Last edited by Mount_Zion; 04-30-2024 at 05:50 PM.

Two of the suggestions in that article don't even have ideas. They're just like ''he could go to Orlando or Sacramento, I guess, if something happened.''

Like yeah, that's true of every team. Top tier journalism. At least the CLE and ATL examples had some ideas of how that could work.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Two of the suggestions in that article don't even have ideas. They're just like ''he could go to Orlando or Sacramento, I guess, if something happened.''

Like yeah, that's true of every team. Top tier journalism. At least the CLE and ATL examples had some ideas of how that could work.

Welcome to the offseason. The trade machine is activated!

Just want to shim in on Ingram. If we sign him and decide to keep him that will only stunt Trey from reaching his full potential. Trey is not a bench player and I don't see him wanting to sit behind a guy he knows he's better than.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    Just want to shim in on Ingram. If we sign him and decide to keep him that will only stunt Trey from reaching his full potential. Trey is not a bench player and I don't see him wanting to sit behind a guy he knows he's better than.
    Trey is better than Ingram? And why can't he start at the 2? He does exactly what you want a shooting guard to do, and he has size.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Trey is better than Ingram? And why can't he start at the 2? He does exactly what you want a shooting guard to do, and he has size.
    We've had this conversation a bunch, but here's why.

CJ is not going to the bench. If Ingram remains, he is not going to the bench. Zion is not going to the bench. You need a C, so that's 4 spots taken.

If your remaining spot is taken by Trey, you must bench Herb and then you have a starting lineup devoid of high end defensive talent.

So Trey gets stuck on the bench. And this isn't us speculating about what might happen, this is what Willie Green has been doing, so we've seen it be reality. No use in saying it might not happen, we know it has in the past and Green has not shown a willingness to change his ways thus far as a coach.

The belief is that while Trey is not better than BI now in a vacuum, he has the potential to be better within a year or two, because while he lacks BI's self-creation in the midrange, he's a considerably more efficient shooter and his shot profile is better than BI's, and he's shown flashes of improvement in other areas too. Because he's younger, cheaper, and his game has a better fit with Zion, you want to see if you can maximise him and preferably, maximise his time alongside Zion, which in a perfect world means starting.

The fact that he's not as good as Ingram in a vacuum right now is less important than the fact that seems to fit a better modern dynamic offense in a team concept. When you combine that with the fact that he may be better than Ingram relatively soon, it all comes together.

That is not going to happen as long as Ingram is on this team.

And that was before it turned out that Herb is a better 3pt shooter than BI too

I'm actually ok with CJ at the 2 mostly being used as a spot up shooter.

PG
    SG CJ
    SF Herb
    Pf Zion
    C

Ingram inability and refusal to shoot 3s doesn't create spacing on the floor for Zion, Trey does and coming into next season I expect Trey to develop a mid range game off the dribble.

CJ is not going to the bench. If Ingram remains, he is not going to the bench. Zion is not going to the bench. You need a C, so that's 4 spots taken.

If your remaining spot is taken by Trey, you must bench Herb and then you have a starting lineup devoid of high end defensive talent.

So Trey gets stuck on the bench. And this isn't us speculating about what might happen, this is what Willie Green has been doing, so we've seen it be reality. No use in saying it might not happen, we know it has in the past and Green has not shown a willingness to change his ways thus far as a coach.

The belief is that while Trey is not better than BI now in a vacuum, he has the potential to be better within a year or two, because while he lacks BI's self-creation in the midrange, he's a considerably more efficient shooter and his shot profile is better than BI's, and he's shown flashes of improvement in other areas too. Because he's younger, cheaper, and his game has a better fit with Zion, you want to see if you can maximise him and preferably, maximise his time alongside Zion, which in a perfect world means starting.

The fact that he's not as good as Ingram in a vacuum right now is less important than the fact that seems to fit a better modern dynamic offense in a team concept. When you combine that with the fact that he may be better than Ingram relatively soon, it all comes together.

Well said.

The Franchise

So, Ingram, not the guy that's actually playing in his spot, is stunting his growth?? lol. Ingram, and not his actual coach?? C'mon guys. lol Seems obvious that the simple thing to do is just start him over CJ. Also Brandon is only 3 years older. . I get sometimes it may seem like I defend Ingram a bit much, but some of the commentary and reasoning I'm seeing in here is odd.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    I'm actually ok with CJ at the 2 mostly being used as a spot up shooter.

PG
    SG CJ
    SF Herb
    Pf Zion
    C

Ingram inability and refusal to shoot 3s doesn't create spacing on the floor for Zion, Trey does and coming into next season I expect Trey to develop a mid range game off the dribble.
    That's fine to expect that, whether it comes to fruition or not, time will tell. I'd prefer to start Trey at 2, CJ should be a 6th man at this stage of his career.

So, Ingram, not the guy that's actually playing in his spot, is stunting his growth?? lol. Ingram, and not his actual coach?? C'mon guys. lol Seems obvious that the simple thing to do is just start him over CJ. Also Brandon is only 3 years older. . I get sometimes it may seem like I defend Ingram a bit much, but some of the commentary and reasoning I'm seeing in here is odd.
    It seems like you defend Ingram a bit much because almost all of your posts are defending Ingram it's not some puzzle as to why it looks that way

We've all complained about Green plenty, so it's not that Green isn't getting any criticism. He is, a lot of people want him gone too, but we also recognise that he just got extended so that fight has been lost already. Ingram is the one with the extension that can be avoided, so he's the one up to the plate.

In any case, no the guy starting at PG is not the one ''playing in his spot'' - that would be the guy currently starting at shooting guard. That's Brandon Ingram. CJ starts at the one and Herb, Zion, and JV have been starting at the 3, 4, and 5 all season pretty much, when healthy.

BI is only 3 years older but has 5 years more NBA experience which means he's eligible for the much larger extensions, hence me pointing out that he's cheaper. And actually 3 years younger is still younger, so the point stands even if you don't think it's massively significant.

And remember, none of these decisions are being made in a vacuum. They're all being made in the context of a team offense - one in which Zion is the best player and you want to put the best offensive fit around him. Trey fits that better than BI does. And though we've already had the massive discussion over BI's potential contract, so we won't re-hash it again, the fact is that it's also a part of the calculus you have to consider when deciding on whether you'd rather have Trey or BI going forward. Trey costs massively less now and even after his rookie extension, will cost significantly less.

So why choose Trey over BI? He's cheaper, younger, eligible for only smaller contracts, is more efficient, rebounds better, plays a more modern offensive style, and fits better alongside our best player, and because of all those factors, you also have an incentive to want to see how far those things can go. So a few reasons.

The Franchise
    It seems like you defend Ingram a bit much because almost all of your posts are defending Ingram it's not some puzzle as to why it looks that way

We've all complained about Green plenty, so it's not that Green isn't getting any criticism. He is, a lot of people want him gone too, but we also recognise that he just got extended so that fight has been lost already. Ingram is the one with the extension that can be avoided, so he's the one up to the plate.

In any case, no the guy starting at PG is not the one ''playing in his spot'' - that would be the guy currently starting at shooting guard. That's Brandon Ingram. CJ starts at the one and Herb, Zion, and JV have been starting at the 3, 4, and 5 all season pretty much, when healthy.

BI is only 3 years older but has 5 years more NBA experience which means he's eligible for the much larger extensions, hence me pointing out that he's cheaper. And actually 3 years younger is still younger, so the point stands even if you don't think it's massively significant.

And remember, none of these decisions are being made in a vacuum. They're all being made in the context of a team offense - one in which Zion is the best player and you want to put the best offensive fit around him. Trey fits that better than BI does. And though we've already had the massive discussion over BI's potential contract, so we won't re-hash it again, the fact is that it's also a part of the calculus you have to consider when deciding on whether you'd rather have Trey or BI going forward. Trey costs massively less now and even after his rookie extension, will cost significantly less.

So why choose Trey over BI? He's cheaper, younger, eligible for only smaller contracts, is more efficient, rebounds better, plays a more modern offensive style, and fits better alongside our best player, and because of all those factors, you also have an incentive to want to see how far those things can go. So a few reasons.
    And your posts have a bias against him.. lets not act like other posters haven't made that clear to you. Even the non-Ingram guys have said this.

The Franchise
    This isn't a Trey over Ingram conversation.. Unless you simply want Ingram gone lol. They don't play the same position. They have different functions within the offense. But I don't want a long back and forth about it. PG. Trey. Ingram. Zion. Center.. simple. Or if you trade Ingram, I'd still have Trey starting at 2 unless he's moved for someone better than Trey at the 2.
    Last edited by Nichols; 05-01-2024 at 12:29 AM.

And your posts have a bias against him.. lets not act like other posters haven't made that clear to you. Even the non-Ingram guys have said this.
    Way to address absolutely none of the points.

The difference, I think, is that I'm transparent about my thoughts and I also do other things.

I've been on this board a while, and though I'm not Ingram's biggest fan, I've always been up front about what I think about him and I've been honest about how that's changed over time. And Ingram is not the only thing I talk about - even now, when BI is the biggest topic of discussion, I've posted transcripts of other guys' exit interviews that I spent time on, for example: he's the hot topic, but I'm talking about the team in general.

By comparison, you act like you've got no bias, no agenda, no point of view, when that's clearly not the case. Talking about ''it may seem like I defend Ingram'' - yeah, because you do.

The Franchise
    Yeah.. I called you MVP for a reason. This forum was a bit dry, I believe your contributions during that time helped a lot. You do other things, and you also have a bias.

Yeah.. I called you MVP for a reason. This forum was a bit dry, I believe your contributions during that time helped a lot. You do other things, and you also have a bias.
    Which I have never denied, and whenever questioned on it, I've explained why I think what I do. You also have a bias, but you keep acting as though you're being neutral and objective about things. That's what's distasteful about it.

In any case, why would you be surprised that a discussion over whether or not to start Trey involved trading Ingram in the ''Brandon Ingram Trade Destinations'' thread?

The Franchise
    Which I have never denied, and whenever questioned on it, I've explained why I think what I do. You also have a bias, but you keep acting as though you're being neutral and objective about things. That's what's distasteful about it.

In any case, why would you be surprised that a discussion over whether or not to start Trey involved trading Ingram in the ''Brandon Ingram Trade Destinations'' thread?
    I guess the difference is you don't see a bias reflected in my commentary. You won't find me saying odd things about Ingram that aren't true. When he's terrible, I say he's terrible. Everything about his game that most of you don't like, I also don't like.

Your bias led you to manufacturing some odd justification for a Ingram vs Trey narrative lol.. He's stunting Trey's growth. That is comical bro. I'll give you credit for being astute in 90% of your analysis but sometimes I have to just scratch my head. We will have to respectfully agree to disagree I suppose.

I guess the difference is you don't see a bias reflected in my commentary.
    . . . Agree to disagree on that, for sure.

The Franchise
    . . . Agree to disagree on that, for sure.

The Ingram fans have noticeably disappeared as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The Ingram fans have noticeably disappeared as well.
    I'm an Ingram fan and I'm still here. Maybe this was the wakeup call he needed to improve his shot profile. It isnt like he's devoid of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I'm an Ingram fan and I'm still here. Maybe this was the wakeup call he needed to improve his shot profile. It isnt like he's devoid of talent.

He needs to cut back on the weed during the season

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    He needs to cut back on the weed during the season
    Lol

Thread Information