Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: 2024 Offseason Thread

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    And take nothing back, apparently. Send $30m out, get nothing back in, to open up max space.
    It's called sign, and trade.. while also including a third team if there's complications in sending out assets your target team isn't interested in. Easy? No.. But doable. All that I've explained you already know, so it's odd to me that you're saying the things you're saying.

Now, if you don't have a desire to do what I've highlighted as an option that's fine. Make that argument, but to act as if it can't be done is strange, because I know that you know it can be done.

I would not trade a bag of chips for Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    It's called sign, and trade.. while also including a third team if there's complications in sending out assets your target team isn't interested in. Easy? No.. But doable. All that I've explained you already know, so it's odd to me that you're saying the things you're saying.

Now, if you don't have a desire to do what I've highlighted as an option that's fine. Make that argument, but to act as if it can't be done is strange, because I know that you know it can be done.
    I believe the Clippers, as a second apron team, would not be able to acquire players if they sign and trade George. Not sure if getting a third team with cap space allows them to circumvent?

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I believe the Clippers, as a second apron team, would not be able to acquire players if they sign and trade George. Not sure if getting a third team with cap space allows them to circumvent?
    And it would also require PG13 to willingly want to come to New Orleans, which Nichols has repeatedly argued that no free agents would without BI. Which begs the question of who the hell is desperate to play with BI, a mystery that will probably never be answered.
    Basketball.

Sounds like a Donovan Mitxhell trade request could be coming. Time to make a deal

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    You didn't read the many posts where I said you're more likely to get a burgeoning star if you have Zion and Ingram, than you are if it's only Zion? I know you have.
    Even if PG wanted to come to NOLA (which I do not see happening), where do you squeeze his contract? Are you assuming they can trade CJ without taking back any contracts? Even in a S&T, you have to find a team with a ton of cap space who also wants CJ without sending anything back. Nearly impossible to find both scenarios at once.
    Last edited by PELICANSFAN; 05-15-2024 at 12:26 PM.

Wow . Sounds like he is done in Cleveland. I wonder if this means Lebron on way back to CAVS.

Must be nice to play in the East. They need to give Vegas and Seattle their expansion teams so we can move back east.

Thread Information