Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thunder vs Pelicans : Game 4 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

Playoffs Thunder vs Pelicans : Game 4 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

Mercifully the last game finally?

If they can't win this one, can we at least see some fight? I will be disappointed if someone doesn't get ejected. Seriously yall, the way Dort has been wearing Ingram like a dirty T-shirt with no calls is too much. It's may be too late to win the series but it's never too late to punch someone in the face after they beat you up 3 games in a row.

So, I'll take a small moral victory if the team just plays super physical and makes it close. Forget about the refs. Just let it all hang out.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If they can't win this one, can we at least see some fight? I will be disappointed if someone doesn't get ejected. Seriously yall, the way Dort has been wearing Ingram like a dirty T-shirt with no calls is too much. It's may be too late to win the series but it's never too late to punch someone in the face after they beat you up 3 games in a row.

So, I'll take a small moral victory if the team just plays super physical and makes it close. Forget about the refs. Just let it all hang out.
    I remember KD getting a lot of flack on a game where he got locked up by Pat Bev.. Dirk caught flack for getting locked up by Kenyon Martin.. Artest locked up AI, and Tracy McGrady.. It happens.

Part of the problem is Ingram and his really bad shot profile. The other problem is his current coach, along with some of his past coaches. If I'm his coach he's not allowed to take as many contested mid-range shots as he takes. He would also be getting the rock on the move, on off ball picks, and curls. It's coach Green's job to help get him free, it's okay to just give Dort credit for being a good one on one defender. Off ball movement will help Ingram get better looks. In regards to his past coaches. They should have never encouraged and allowed so much iso play.

Lastly, the only reason Ingram and Zion hasn't worked is because they don't have a coach that can make it work.

The future not looking good for Vogel in Phx. They could wack him afte one year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...r-wolves-sweep

Our owner . Let us extend Willie and Grif. but tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I remember KD getting a lot of flack on a game where he got locked up by Pat Bev.. Dirk caught flack for getting locked up by Kenyon Martin.. Artest locked up AI, and Tracy McGrady.. It happens.

Part of the problem is Ingram and his really bad shot profile. The other problem is his current coach, along with some of his past coaches. If I'm his coach he's not allowed to take as many contested mid-range shots as he takes. He would also be getting the rock on the move, on off ball picks, and curls. It's coach Green's job to help get him free, it's okay to just give Dort credit for being a good one on one defender. Off ball movement will help Ingram get better looks. In regards to his past coaches. They should have never encouraged and allowed so much iso play.

Lastly, the only reason Ingram and Zion hasn't worked is because they don't have a coach that can make it work.
    I agree with everything you said. I just hate seeing someone back down from physicality. I don't like blaming refs but they are not calling it evenly. Dort is all over BI and I get that it's Dorts style leading to less calls. Just like Draymond gets away with murder. The part I don't like is that when BI has tried to get physical in return they call fouls. In fact they really got bad with it in game 2. All those offensive fouls completely took us out of the game. Yes, they were fouls but they are swallowing the whistle when the Thunder make obvious fouls, like Dort jumping into BI to end the 3rd on that 3 pointer, it was egregious. Just call the game evenly. Either you let them play and get super physical on both ends or you call a normal game.

Having CJ not disappear in our biggest games wouldn't hurt either. That's probably what's bugging me more than Ingram. He has a guy inside his skin with him. CJ is just disappearing when we need him the most even with wide open shots. It was something I worried about when we got him after Jrue put him in handcuffs in the playoffs a few years back. Wish we could have gotten Dame instead.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 04-29-2024 at 12:57 PM.

Basketball Guru
    put ingram on the block..put him in the paint one on one and let him post up and get easy shots up...dude 6'9 and can easily get his shots posting up even if smaller guards get physical with him......

i hope they dont make me leave a playoff game early again for the second time...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    put ingram on the block..put him in the paint one on one and let him post up and get easy shots up...dude 6'9 and can easily get his shots posting up even if smaller guards get physical with him......

i hope they dont make me leave a playoff game early again for the second time...
    Problem with that is OKC has been so physical we can't even make easy entry passes.

I would just like to add to this thread with the fact that the Suns were swept with Kevin Durant, Devin Booker and Bradley Beal on the team. They have zero flexibility going forward.

I bring this up to say things might be bleak but at least we aren't the Suns lol!

The Franchise
    The problem with the Pelican players and their coaching staff is that they were just excited to make
    the playoff and didn't care anymore. Oh and before anyone says anything I don't want to hear about
    Zion being out. The coaching staff should have been prepared for that. It was only a matter of when
    and not if.

I am so sick of this organization, I have put up with Hurricanes, OKC , Divas, Injuries, and very little success.
    That said, to not be able to watch the last PLAY-OFF game of the season, is just about enough.
    I care enough to watch, this team doesn't care enough to let me.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by dvdman View Post
    The problem with the Pelican players and their coaching staff is that they were just excited to make
    the playoff and didn't care anymore. Oh and before anyone says anything I don't want to hear about
    Zion being out. The coaching staff should have been prepared for that. It was only a matter of when
    and not if.
    The thing is, OKC are a really good team. Zion being out IS a fair excuse for losing against a team that may go to the finals this year.

What isn't excusable is HOW we've been losing. Losing? Fine.

Getting swept? Getting blown out multiple times? Including at home? That's not acceptable. That's the sign of a team that isn't just outclassed but is also not prepared and willing to lie down.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Tied up after 1 quarter and the Pelicans shot 2 - 12 from beyond the arc. If we could start making 3s that would be nice.

In fairness to WG, that was a block but at the same time you gotta know they're not going to change it.

Hope SGA is okay. Don't like his style of play but not wishing serious injury on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Tied up after 1 quarter and the Pelicans shot 2 - 12 from beyond the arc. If we could start making 3s that would be nice.
    They could say the same. 3/11 from 3 themselves.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Imagine if we had taken Jalen Williams instead of Dyson Daniels. He was there for the taking. My god.

Hey, Jordan Hawkins minutes!

Miracles do happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    Imagine if we had taken Jalen Williams instead of Dyson Daniels. He was there for the taking. My god.
    Eh, Dyson is absolutely fine. Good player, good progress this year on last. No guarantee JWill progresses the same here (where rookies take half a season to play at the minimum) as he did in OKC.

Gonna miss Naji when he leaves. Dude's done the dream of going from an UDFA to a legitimate rotation player in the NBA. He's got flaws, sure, nobody is saying he's even a starter, but I'm glad he's been on our bench.

There is, despite everything, potential in this game. The question seems to be just who starts hitting first.

If they break the cold streak first, they'll blow us out, but if Trey can get hot from 3 or BI can warm up a little, it's all there to play for.

We are now 14 quarters into this series.

The Pelicans have won precisely one quarter. Q4 of G1. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We are now 14 quarters into this series.

The Pelicans have won precisely one quarter. Q4 of G1. That's it.
    Ouch

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Pels played a decent half energy wise. BI is still ********ting the bed. Here comes the dreaded 3rd quarter...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Eh, Dyson is absolutely fine. Good player, good progress this year on last. No guarantee JWill progresses the same here (where rookies take half a season to play at the minimum) as he did in OKC.
    NO guarantee DD will progress either, all we saw was mediocre shooting the last 1/4 of the yr. I'll take JW right now , you think OKC would swap us straight up??? HECK NO

We are without a doubt the WORST coached team in the league. WG is the weakest coach I have ever seen. BI does what he wants not what he's told. There is NO FEAR in the gym

Thread Information