.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: Thunder vs Pelicans (YHT) Game 3 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

  1. #26
    Maybe send BI to Atlanta for Murray..problem is as you said most likely looking at a blah return because not many teams want to pay his next contract.

  2. #27
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,881
    BI's stock is at an all time low. Before this series I viewed him as a guy who could fill up the number 1 role when called upon, but now I believe it's time to move on from him. Hopefully Griffin can work some kind of magic to make the team better.

  3. #28
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,527
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    BI's stock is at an all time low. Before this series I viewed him as a guy who could fill up the number 1 role when called upon, but now I believe it's time to move on from him. Hopefully Griffin can work some kind of magic to make the team better.
    Hopefully he asks for a trade and you get 50 cents in a dollar with a sign and trade. Griff won't trade him otherwise and this team and the future GM will be ****** with his contract.

  4. #29
    20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,584
    yep


  5. #30
    Basketball Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    4,160
    Never in ah million years would i have thought that i would leave a pelicans playoff game early...it happen today....that sh@t brought a tear to my eye....team looked lost and sad...

    When okc was pushing the lead to 20 in the 3rd..i was glad that willie didnt call a timeout and let them play thru it to see if the team would fight back but they didnt and looked like they gave up in that span....williams by himself just demoralize the whole team with his inside scoring whoever was guarding him then spotting up and shooting crazy 3s......we have no guards that can back someone down in the paint and score...williams had his way in this game...

  6. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    yep

    They are right

  7. #32
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    289
    id like to think the front office knew what had to be done before this series however now they know its more critical to make the changes than they thought. BI looks so defeated hes supposed to be a leader. I also think Zion getting injured took a lot of confidence away from the team which I understand totally but you gotta fight.

  8. #33
    20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,584
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    They are right
    Just send them to the Lake Charles beach. Let them lay on the shore with all the toxic chemical plants around and soak up the vibes.

  9. #34
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    289
    I dont blame you. I thought the team would show more character and fight. To get smoked at home in 2 games is unforgivable. Didnt they learn anything from the previous losses?

  10. #35
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    23,291
    So disappointed in this team. We have not even put up 100 in any game of the series yet. CJ and BI showing they are not big time.

  11. #36
    The Franchise Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1,578
    Ok, so the season is over for us - personally, I don't believe in getting out of the series with a 3-0 score.
    Yes it was successful, it should be better, but it ended as always... with injuries, lack of defense and strange problems in the offense in the Playoffs.
    For me, this team needs big changes in the summer - CJ, Nance, JV, Daniels,Zelmer - they all need to be replaced. I would have to think about BI - it certainly doesn't deserve the maximum contract. For the right money - yes.
    Last edited by Creative; 04-28-2024 at 05:51 AM.

  12. #37
    Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2,102
    It’s probably the last time the NBA tries to put this franchise in a playoff series. What a waste.

  13. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    It’s probably the last time the NBA tries to put this franchise in a playoff series. What a waste.
    Game tomorrow has already been moved to Ballys/NBATV

  14. #39
    CJ has gifted this series to OKC, and BI chipped in for the gift. Zion's weakness (physical or otherwise) made our chances near zero to start, but the failure of CJ and BI to step in and fill that void has been a tragically wasted opportunity for both men. Neither have played any remarkable defense or showed any leadership, while their offense has been offensive. Here is my proposed starting line-up for Game Last: Alvarado, Murphy, Jones, Nance and Jonas. Nobody for SGA to pick on, nobody for Dort to maul.

  15. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    CJ has gifted this series to OKC, and BI chipped in for the gift. Zion's weakness (physical or otherwise) made our chances near zero to start, but the failure of CJ and BI to step in and fill that void has been a tragically wasted opportunity for both men. Neither have played any remarkable defense or showed any leadership, while their offense has been offensive. Here is my proposed starting line-up for Game Last: Alvarado, Murphy, Jones, Nance and Jonas. Nobody for SGA to pick on, nobody for Dort to maul.
    The bonus is that OKC will outscore us by 50 in the first quarter, which is fun.

    I think it's pretty misguided to say that CJ gifted it and BI ''chipped in''. They're both equally as culpable as each other.

    You have CJ, who is at least playing the system, but who isn't actually achieving anything. He's mostly taking the right shots, or at least the shots you'd want him to take without Zion there to set him up, but the results are non-existent. He's missing everything. He's passing okay but not extremely well, and the defense is poor but again, you kind of expect that from him. You're getting mostly what you'd expect, he's just missing everything. That's bad, but it's hard to get real vitriolic about it - it's not like he's missing on purpose.

    On the other end, you have BI, who is not missing quite as much (though still a lot) but just isn't interested in playing within the team system at all. He's taking whatever shots he wants, when he wants them, not really looking to create better looks - and unable to do so whenever he does try - and he's pretty much switched off his passing game and rebounding efforts as well for the majority of this series. Defense, outside of a few rare moments, has vanished as well. For me, that's more irritating; CJ is trying and failing. BI doesn't even look like he's trying.

    The end result for both is the same: they suck.

    CJ this series: -0.9 BPM, 44% TS, 30.4%AST/18.1%TOV, -0.3 WS total, .379 3ptAr
    BI this series: -0.3 BPM, 52%TS, 11.9%AST/13.0%TOV, 0.00 WS total, .122 3ptAr

    Just diabolical work for both of them. BI's shooting better than CJ (though still badly) but he's turning it over more than he's assisting; CJ's assisting, but shooting even worse. CJ's taking a reasonable 3pt rate, but missing - BI isn't even taking them. Both of them are net negatives.
    Basketball.

  16. #41
    I still think they win that 1st game if Greeen doesn't bench Jonas in crunch time when they need a bucket. Downhill every since

  17. #42
    OKC coach got COY. Well deserved. I did not know this guy was an equipment manager at UCONN. We about to get swept by a coach that used to fill those Gatorade buckets.

    WILLE did not make top 10 in voting.

  18. #43
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    23,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount_Zion View Post
    I still think they win that 1st game if Greeen doesn't bench Jonas in crunch time when they need a bucket. Downhill every since
    Agree. Very frustrating. I really hope Nance is dealt this offseason just so Willie's love affair with playing him no matter the situation will be over.

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Agree. Very frustrating. I really hope Nance is dealt this offseason just so Willie's love affair with playing him no matter the situation will be over.
    Or, get rid of JV (who Green will not actually play: getting rid of Nance won't make him play JV more, he'll just play someone else inappropriate) and replace him with a started-quality guy that Willie might actually like.

  20. #45
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    23,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Or, get rid of JV (who Green will not actually play: getting rid of Nance won't make him play JV more, he'll just play someone else inappropriate) and replace him with a started-quality guy that Willie might actually like.
    Nah. I will take my chances getting rid of Nance. He is just not good most of the time.

  21. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Nah. I will take my chances getting rid of Nance. He is just not good most of the time.
    In a perfect world, they'd get rid of Nance and play JV. I just don't think that's happening. Willie Green will not take JV seriously, I'm done pretending that he might.

    In that case, I'd rather jettison both, and get something back for them, because I don't know if we can spend another year watching JV get wasted and take up a roster spot and a big chunk of cap that Green refuses to use, and if we got rid of him and then kept Nance, we'd get Nance starting I can just feel it.

    Better get rid of them both, in that case.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •