Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Thunder (YHT) Game 1 Playoffs! GAMEDAY THREAD!

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    BI TO
    Herb miss
    CJ miss
    BI miss
    CJ foul

Down 3 with 30 seconds to go.

Amazing.
    you forgot...

90-88

nance offensive foul
    nance get rebound then throws ball to trey out of bounds..
    herb to
    nance review call
    nance miss dunk
    nance floater block

okc ties game lol...

When you’re trailing why are they playing for last shot. Gotta start offense so that there is time to get an offensive rebound. Just stupid.

BI that $50 million man. If we lose Trey Murphy because we paid BI, I hope the arena stays empty.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 04-21-2024 at 11:12 PM.

Close. Promising. But yeah. Poorly managed and a bit anti clutch towards the end. We look in it at least.

The Franchise
    Based on how this team matches up, JV has to get significant minutes. OKC has really good individual defenders. Isoing with Ingram and CJ will not go well. Willie is going to actually do some coaching.

If you go to CJ, or Ingram it has to be on off ball movement utilizing picks to catch them on the move.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount_Zion View Post
    so many dumb plays

Nance grabs rebound throws it to Murphy out of bounds

Nance throws lil floater over chet and blocked

Missing wide open shots

Ingram was painful
    Nance was awful in the last 3 minutes.

Willie was even worse not calling a timeout when they were doing the 3 stooges act at bout 2 minutes left.

Not inserting JV who had 20 freaking rebounds.

And how about that awesome playcall on the last possesion. Single screen above the 3 pt line for CJ. Not a fancy double screen for TREY, but ice cold CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxpel View Post
    When you’re trailing why are they playing for last shot. Gotta start offense so that there is time to get an offensive rebound. Just stupid.
    I actually don't mind just playing for the win. If you miss the shot early and THEY get the rebound, then with a team like OKC and the way the officiating is going they're just going to get FTs and then you've got no chance.

The only issue was that we should have drawn up a play to get Trey a corner three, not whatever the hell that was
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    And how about that awesome playcall on the last possesion. Single screen above the 3 pt line for CJ. Not a fancy double screen for TREY, but ice cold CJ.
    WG put more effort into drawing up the inbounds than the play itself lmao

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    BI that $50 million man. If we lose Trey Murphy because we paid BI, I hope the arena stays empty.
    I get it.. You don't want to pay a non franchise player 50Mill. He certainly didn't look worth it tonight. With that being said it's not a lot of players in this league that can Iso you into a win. I guarantee CJ, and Ingram would look a lot better if they weren't forced to iso so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    I get it.. You don't want to pay a non franchise player 50Mill. He certainly didn't look worth it tonight. With that being said it's not a lot of players in this league that can Iso you into a win. I guarantee CJ, and Ingram would look a lot better if they weren't forced to iso so much.
    CJ's looked great this year overall, don't know why you're throwing him under the bus. He sucked for a couple of recent games but his overall season was superlative.

I don't think a single play WG has drawn up all season has gone exactly the way he's wanted. Might be something for him to work on in the off season.
    I hope he does, just with a different team

LOL....are you drunk?
    BI isn't ***** forced to ISO....that is his bloody game.
    He is being forced to play within a system and he cannot. He is worth about 30M, so sign and trade his stupid arse.

The Franchise
    CJ's looked great this year overall, don't know why you're throwing him under the bus. He sucked for a couple of recent games but his overall season was superlative.
    How did I throw CJ under the bus? I didn't say he played bad. But I know he's even better if he didn't have to iso for everything he gets. Especially at this stage of his career. Even on that last possession, I actually trust CJ, but can we at least make it easier for him? Is it too much to ask to want this team to utilize more off ball movement and picks to free up our best offensive players on the move.

I'm simply saying catch CJ, and Ingram on the move so they don't have to work as hard to shake their men.

Zion is an unreal talent, so he can rise above bad coaching. Some players are going to need some help depending on the match up. Obviously Ingram can't eat at will against this team.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I've been a BI supporter this whole time, through all the contested mid range jumpers, but I am at the end of my rope. With Zion out he is supposed to be the guy. If he cant be the guy when we need him, then he is not the guy.

Why are we giving the ball to CJ when you knew he would brick it? Perhaps it is time for a change if Willie can’t draw up a simple play.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    LOL....are you drunk?
    BI isn't ***** forced to ISO....that is his bloody game.
    He is being forced to play within a system and he cannot. He is worth about 30M, so sign and trade his stupid arse.
    Are you stupid? One of the first plays of the game, Ingram was parked on the block. That's an iso buddy. And it was designed. This happens all the time. Does he force iso's on his own at times. Yes, but quite often he it's by design.

How did I throw CJ under the bus? I didn't say he played bad. But I know he's even better if he didn't have to iso for everything he gets.
    Part of the superlative season I mentioned is that he hasn't been isolating all year long. For the most part he's been released from that role and, especially when Zion has been playing, he's been awesome off ball. It's allowed him so much success.

When it comes to isolation on this team, CJ has not been the issue by and large.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Why are we giving the ball to CJ when you knew he would brick it? Perhaps it is time for a change if Willie can’t draw up a simple play.
    Because there was literally nobody else who can beat their defender.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I've been a BI supporter this whole time, through all the contested mid range jumpers, but I am at the end of my rope. With Zion out he is supposed to be the guy. If he cant be the guy when we need him, then he is not the guy.
    I don't think Ingram is a guy that can carry you through the playoffs. Unless you get favorable matchups. Most guys can't.

I don't think Ingram is a guy that can carry you through the playoffs. Unless you get favorable matchups. Most guys can't.
    I do not expect him to single handedly carry us, but I do expect him to perform like our best player with Zion out.

Because there was literally nobody else who can beat their defender.

Basketball Guru
    i wish willie would have put in all shooters at the end and ran some type of screen play to try and get a shooter an open shot to win..

How many last second shot has CJ bricked in the final seconds this year for us? Tired of the bricks. Ingram garbage too.

I do not expect him to single handedly carry us, but I do expect him to perform like our best player with Zion out.

Willie Green with the rare W

He's absolutely right. A lot of BI's problems this game came from him just wilting.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    How many last second shot has CJ bricked in the final seconds this year for us? Tired of the bricks. Ingram garbage too.
    Remember that game we lost because the final play was drawn up to have BI start in the back court lmao

Thread Information