Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: January 15th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 24-16

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    There is only one thing Willie should do today. Get into locker room and yell as hard as he can: "ITS A TRAAAAAAAAAAAAP GAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOOOOOYS"!!!

We need to play 100%, it is easy to lose games in NBA nowdays since there is so much talent. Our bench guys won us one game, lets not throw that away today. If we lose i would blame it on coaching. If we go out flat in first 5 minutes i would bench everyone untill halftime and then let them try at the start of the 2nd.
    We came out flat, awfull shooting preformance in the first. BI was god awfull whole game. Jonas got schooled by a kid but still worst preformance on the game goes again to the Willie Green.

Who told this guy that Herb/Dyson combo works good when we need to score? BI had no room since he played with one shooter on the floor whole game.
    We all saw that it wasn't JVal's game tonight and Nance had to be back in the game sooner. Instead Jval gave up 2 offensive boards in crucial stretch, made stupid foul on offense.

And will anyone tell willie that when we need a 3, we need shooters on the floor? And will someone tell him that CJ Mccollum isn't gettin you a bucket in the clutch. That is so obvious.

We had a nice stretch, but still no close game wins, tonight happend what we all know. If it is close game 5 minutes to go, Pels are not winning it. We routinley get outcoached in those situation and BI ISO game can't get us a win, especially if there is not enough shooters on the floor. J Kidd did a smart thing and fouled bad FT shooter at the end, fing Jkid who is not that great of a coach thinks something smart. Our coach has pattern of substitutions and he can't do anything else...

The moment i knew we are loosing this game:
    https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFI...ving%205%20AST)

How the ******** you let Grant Williams drive to the basket, guy can't ********ing move with the ball...

Game was unwatchable. 76 FTs in a game!!! I hate it when the officials think that people pay good money to watch them blow their whistles. No flow at all.

That last pull up 3 from BI tells me everything I need to know about the lack of pecking order on this team. There isn't one and that's why this team can't win games in the last 2 minutes when things get close.

A typical Pelicans collapse after a good game. And the 1st quarter was the worst I've seen this season.

And i just noticed this, Zion with 1(One) rebound!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    And i just noticed this, Zion with 1(One) rebound!
    Glad you said it...I've been biting my tongue all evening.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    That last pull up 3 from BI tells me everything I need to know about the lack of pecking order on this team. There isn't one and that's why this team can't win games in the last 2 minutes when things get close.
    I don't know what you are talking about, that was the right shot. He just didn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about, that was the right shot. He just didn't make it.
    He was 0 from 4 all game and is reluctant to shoot 3's. Why not pass it to guy who has actually taken more 3's this season in Herb. Yes Herb Jones has shot more 3's than the guy Griffin is going to pay 50M+.

As long as we continue to play dinosaur basketball, we will consistently lose a lot of games like this. You have to balance the floor out with spacing and interior scoring. 17 3 point attempts into the 4th is not enough and it’s no surprise Dallas started to build the infamous wall. Have to rebound, have to space the floor. We need to learn quick

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Willie is holding this team back so much it’s insane. This could be a legit 1 seed. It’s insane all this wasted talent cause the coach can’t manage a game unless he’s up 30. 0-7 in clutch time! 0-7!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Willie is holding this team back so much it’s insane. This could be a legit 1 seed. It’s insane all this wasted talent cause the coach can’t manage a game unless he’s up 30. 0-7 in clutch time! 0-7!!!
    We need this year's version of Rajon Rondo. Look, the Davis - Holiday years accomplished little to nothing until Rondo fell into the team's lap; AD and Jrue represented two elite ballplayers on one team leading that team virtually nowhere until Rondo showed up. If you will remember, Jrue was a beast in the Portland series because Rondo, not Jrue, was steering the ship.

Frankly, like Holiday before him, I firmly believe that the brainiacs who are running the organization are spreading BI way too thin (we need him to run the team because no one else can...we need him to rebound because our PF, MAX 197, won't....we need him to defend a top line opponent, because three fifths of the starting lineup can't...and, needless to say, we need him to score). But, I say, what we do need is for BI to be a scorer first and secondary playmaker afterwards. And please, don't tell me that 197 or CJ can run the point; they can't. The ball stops moving when it's in their hands and stays 25 feet from the basket until the final five seconds of the shot clock.

The team recognized the need for a PG two years ago when they went all in for both CP3 and Kyle Lowery and lost out, Then when they acquired CJ at mid-year, they foolishly checked the PG Box and called it a day. Never mind that 'Dame was the PG in Portland 80% of the time and CJ was his competent sidekick.

I read that most think the biggest need for the team is a replacement for Jonas. Except for his impending Free Agency, I fervently disagree.

WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDS IS SOMEONE TO PILOT THE SHIP SO WE CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL OUR OFFENSIVE WEAPONS.
    Last edited by As I See It; 01-17-2024 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    We need this year's version of Rajon Rondo. Look, the Davis - Holiday years accomplished little to nothing until Rondo fell into the team's lap; AD and Jrue represented two elite ballplayers on one team leading the team virtually nowhere until Rondo showed up. If you will remember, Jrue was a beast in the Portland series because Rondo, not Jrue, was steering the ship.

Frankly, like Holiday before him, I firmly believe that the brainiacs who are running the organization is spreading BI way too thin (we need him to run the team because no one else can...we need him to rebound because our PF, MAX 197, won't....we need him to defend a top line opponent, because three fifths of the starting lineup can't...and, needless to say, we need him to score). But, I say, what we do need is for BI to be a scorer first and secondary playmaker afterwards. And please, don't tell me that 197 or CJ can run the point; they can't. The ball stops moving when it's in their hands and stays 25 feet from the basket until the final five seconds of the shot clock.

The team recognized the need for a PG two years ago when they went all in for both CP3 and Kyle Lowery and lost out, Then when they acquired CJ at mid-year, they foolishly checked the PG Box and called it a day. Never mind that 'Dame was the PG in Portland 80% of the time and CJ was his competent sidekick.

I read that most think the biggest need for the team is a replacement for Jonas. Except for his impending Free Agency, I fervently disagree.

WHAT THIS TEAM NEEDS IS SOMEONE TO PILOT THE SHIP SO WE CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL OUR OFFENSIVE WEAPONS.
    Other than maybe CP getting traded and bought out at the deadline, who is that player?

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Other than maybe CP getting traded and bought out at the deadline, who is that player?
    I'll offer five names aside from Paul....

- Tyus Jones - UFA 2024
    - Patrick Beverly - UFA 2024
    - TJ McConnell - UFA 2024
    - Alex Caruso* - UFA 2025 (Partially Guaranteed next year)
    - Patrick Schroeder - UFA 2025

* Though not a PG in the traditional sense, his hard-nosed play is something we are sorely missing.

I know I will take flak for this one and I know he's officially retired, but if there is anything left in the tank, I would approach Ricky Rubio (I know you've seen me say this before). I can't think of a better mentor out there right now for DD.

I'll offer five names aside from Paul....

- Tyus Jones - UFA 2024
    - Patrick Beverly - UFA 2024
    - TJ McConnell - UFA 2024
    - Alex Caruso* - UFA 2025 (Partially Guaranteed next year)
    - Patrick Schroeder - UFA 2025

* Though not a PG in the traditional sense, his hard-nosed play is something we are sorely missing.

I know I will take flak for this one and I know he's officially retired, but if there is anything left in the tank, I would approach Ricky Rubio (I know you've seen me say this before). I can't think of a better mentor out there right now for DD.
    None of those guys are anything like Rondo. They all offer some skill set, but I thought you were looking for a Rondo type. (I assume you meant Dennis Schroder above)

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    None of those guys are anything like Rondo. They all offer some skill set, but I thought you were looking for a Rondo type. (I assume you meant Dennis Schroder above)
    Thank you...of course, I did.

Actually, I wanted to make a play last year for both, Donte DiVincenzo or Rick Rubio.

As I recall you said that neither would be first choice but that you wouldn't be adverse to DiVincenzo at the right price. I view Caruso in the same vein as DiVincenzo....slightly above average playmaking skills with a hard-nosed grit that this team sorely lacks since the departure of JHart. We really have no Alpha Dog on this team (sorry, CJ). I believe that's what this team has lacked since JHart, Rondo (for a brief moment in time), and CP3 before him...no team leader.

I would love to have Tyus Jones, the problem would be in order to get him it would need at least a pick and a matching salary which looking at our roster will most likely be for jonas or nance and some parts. Losing a big wouldn't be ideal, and then tyus being an ufa will suck because we are about to pay trey and bi soon as well.

Thank you...of course, I did.

Actually, I wanted to make a play last year for both, Donte DiVincenzo or Rick Rubio.

As I recall you said that neither would be first choice but that you wouldn't be adverse to DiVincenzo at the right price. I view Caruso in the same vein as DiVincenzo....slightly above average playmaking skills with a hard-nosed grit that this team sorely lacks since the departure of JHart. We really have no Alpha Dog on this team (sorry, CJ). I believe that's what this team has lacked since JHart, Rondo (for a brief moment in time), and CP3 before him...no team leader.
    CP3 would be the dream scenario if bought out. I think Rubio is done with the NBA.

The current roster is easily good enough to win a title. By a landslide. If you look at us on paper, we really don’t have many weaknesses at all. We can improve as every team can- sure. But we can check almost every box which is more than most teams can say ever. The problem is, do we have somebody that is willing and able to lead and organize? The coach is certainly not ready. CJ, Jonas and Nance step up occasionally. It’s not simply a question of missing a point guard or the backup big or yada yada. Somebody has to be micromanaging and taking responsibility for what is happening on the floor. We are not spacing? Fix that. We are not rebounding? Fix that. Our defense is slacking? Get your head out of your arses and follow your assignments. Somebody has to take on that role. Unfortunately for us, the coach is not that guy. That would solve all of our problems.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    The current roster is easily good enough to win a title. By a landslide. If you look at us on paper, we really don’t have many weaknesses at all. We can improve as every team can- sure. But we can check almost every box which is more than most teams can say ever. The problem is, do we have somebody that is willing and able to lead and organize? The coach is certainly not ready. CJ, Jonas and Nance step up occasionally. It’s not simply a question of missing a point guard or the backup big or yada yada. Somebody has to be micromanaging and taking responsibility for what is happening on the floor. We are not spacing? Fix that. We are not rebounding? Fix that. Our defense is slacking? Get your head out of your arses and follow your assignments. Somebody has to take on that role. Unfortunately for us, the coach is not that guy. That would solve all of our problems.
    Couldn’t have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I would trade all of our Bucks picks, Lakers pick, our own unprotected 1st, Dyson and Willie Green for Ime Udoka or Will Hardy.

Thread Information