.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 141

Thread: 2024 Trade Season/Signings !

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Ok well lets see what happens today as they are now saying they will put in his hands.
    He will either show 'December Zion' for more than a month or still be the same player.

    Time will tell.
    I would guess a career high 11 assists and the team scoring a franchise record 153 points gave you your answer?

  2. #52
    One of my biggest issues with NBA fandom in general is, there are too many fans of "players" and not enough fans of "teams". Personally, if all 12 players on the team scored ten points each and we won, I'm happy. But all fans of players seem to care about is their favorite getting his numbers.

  3. #53
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,468
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I would guess a career high 11 assists and the team scoring a franchise record 153 points gave you your answer?
    Definitely after one game I'm printing those shirts.

  4. #54
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    23,166
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Definitely after one game I'm printing those shirts.
    Why does winning make you so miserable?

  5. #55
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,468
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Why does winning make you so miserable?
    Because I am rational.
    I said in the previous post "lets see how point Zion goes"
    I didn't blow my load after one game, like some posters do.

    They are the same posters who cry when they also lose 1 or 2 in a row.

    I want to see point Zion for a few weeks.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I want to see point Zion for a few weeks.
    Well the good news is that we play the Thunder next game and then the Celtics next week and the Clippers the week after that, so at least we'll have games that count in your mind.
    Basketball.

  7. #57
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well the good news is that we play the Thunder next game and then the Celtics next week and the Clippers the week after that, so at least we'll have games that count in your mind.
    And I hope they win all 3.

  8. #58
    THINK Contributor redrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Old Metairie
    Posts
    878
    1, I know everyone loves Herb, as do I.
    2. I realize many of you think Dyson is a keeper.

    But ...

    That is all salary wise it would take to get Dejounte Murray. Probably some picks added.

    Is Murray, CJ, BI, Zion, JV, TM3, Hawk, Nance, Naji, Jose etc. a Contender ?
    They would certainly be a very tough out if healthy!
    Last edited by redrum; 01-25-2024 at 12:02 AM.
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

  9. #59
    I do not think this team will make any big trades before the deadline

    Maybe a lateral move, but nothing that will bring this team to becoming a championship contending team this year.

    The way I look at this team, as it stands currently, is maybe 2nd round of the playoffs as their ceiling.

    That?s a win in my book

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I do not think this team will make any big trades before the deadline

    Maybe a lateral move, but nothing that will bring this team to becoming a championship contending team this year.

    The way I look at this team, as it stands currently, is maybe 2nd round of the playoffs as their ceiling.

    That?s a win in my book
    Exactly. I get it, if someone's a fan of the Celtics, or the Warriors or the Sixers, making the playoffs is just about automatic, and you want nothing less than a chip. I'd be happy to start with a half dozen consecutive years in the playoffs, a couple of series wins, and maybe a run to the WCF. Sure, I'd like a championship, but lets get to average first.

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    1, I know everyone loves Herb, as do I.
    2. I realize many of you think Dyson is a keeper.

    But ...

    That is all salary wise it would take to get Dejounte Murray. Probably some picks added.

    Is Murray, CJ, BI, Zion, JV, TM3, Hawk, Nance, Naji, Jose etc. a Contender ?
    They would certainly be a very tough out if healthy!
    Herb Jones is just straight up a better basketball player than Dejounte Murray at this point.

  12. #62
    THINK Contributor redrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Old Metairie
    Posts
    878
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Herb Jones is just straight up a better basketball player than Dejounte Murray at this point.

    If you say so....

  13. #63
    THINK Contributor redrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Old Metairie
    Posts
    878
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyHornetsWhy View Post
    I do not think this team will make any big trades before the deadline

    Maybe a lateral move, but nothing that will bring this team to becoming a championship contending team this year.

    The way I look at this team, as it stands currently, is maybe 2nd round of the playoffs as their ceiling.

    That?s a win in my book
    I agree with you, there will not be any big moves. I just can't see what fringe moves the team needs.
    Someone better than Nance, a PG better than Jose and Dyson, a shooter better than Hawkins ?
    and at what price ?

  14. #64
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    7,468
    Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    I agree with you, there will not be any big moves. I just can't see what fringe moves the team needs.
    Someone better than Nance, a PG better than Jose and Dyson, a shooter better than Hawkins ?
    and at what price ?
    JV and Pels 2024 first for Onyeka Okongwu.

  15. #65
    Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,996
    https://hoopshype.com/rumor/2635571/

    Matkovic coming over. I wonder if this is planned because one of the bigs is getting traded. Or, he is the one being traded.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 01-26-2024 at 09:58 AM.

  16. #66
    Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,996
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    JV and Pels 2024 first for Onyeka Okongwu.
    Okongwu isn’t better than JV at all, and has a worse defensive rating this season. That’s a step backwards, but that’s just my opinion.

  17. #67
    I do think this team WILL make a big move in the offseason, however

  18. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    Okongwu isn’t better than JV at all, and has a worse defensive rating this season. That’s a step backwards, but that’s just my opinion.
    Individual defensive rating is a bad metric because it's lineup dependent.

    That said, I do think JV is better than Okongwu right now even though I like Okongwu's potential a lot. It would be a step backwards, at least in the short term.

  19. #69
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,674
    Jonas has been really good for us and people are chomping at the bit to trade him + more assets for a center, it makes no sense.

  20. #70
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    23,166
    Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Jonas has been really good for us and people are chomping at the bit to trade him + more assets for a center, it makes no sense.
    It only does because the team has not extended him. Maybe they do not feel they can meet his salary demands or does not want him past this year. If either, they need to prepare for the future.

  21. #71
    *Mega Trade Potential

    We trade Ingram, Val, CJ, Daniels, and Lakers pick
    We gain T. Young, Murray, and Poeltl

    IMO Ingram has great work ethic (supposedly). However, he will sit games when his pinky hurts and disappears too many times in games. He is way too inconsistent for a vet player and quite frankly too laid back for a young team (some of you call that soft).

    We can?t afford Val next year most likely but i still like him as a fit for the most part. We should at least try and get something for him while we can.

    CJ is just not a point guard, inconsistent, and does not seem to light a fire under the younger guys like he was brought in to do. We all read the interviews about how he does it behind the scenes but the players are just not responding to his leadership on the court in big games.

    I would be good with switching out Ingram for Zion and not trading the first round Lakers pick.

    https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2xccsjqf

    https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylk43mwb

    Toronto does it to get an expiring and maybe get a discount on Val in the offseason to go back where he started. They also get a young player with potential on an aging team.

    Hawks do it because the current roster looks good on paper but just do not mesh on the court (kind of like the guys we are trading). They get to start fresh with two vets who can score and get another potential lottery pick. They have their own and could get the Kings pick if it falls outside of the lottery. By the time Ingram and CJ?s contract is up, they should have a solid young team and a ton of cap space as lagniappe.


    Would you do it? Why and why not?

    Yes, i did the trade in NBA 2K and the Pels are unstoppable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #72
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    *Mega Trade Potential

    We trade Ingram, Val, CJ, Daniels, and Lakers pick
    We gain T. Young, Murray, and Poeltl

    IMO Ingram has great work ethic (supposedly). However, he will sit games when his pinky hurts and disappears too many times in games. He is way too inconsistent for a vet player and quite frankly too laid back for a young team (some of you call that soft).

    We can?t afford Val next year most likely but i still like him as a fit for the most part. We should at least try and get something for him while we can.

    CJ is just not a point guard, inconsistent, and does not seem to light a fire under the younger guys like he was brought in to do. We all read the interviews about how he does it behind the scenes but the players are just not responding to his leadership on the court in big games.

    I would be good with switching out Ingram for Zion and not trading the first round Lakers pick.

    https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2xccsjqf

    https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylk43mwb

    Toronto does it to get an expiring and maybe get a discount on Val in the offseason to go back where he started. They also get a young player with potential on an aging team.

    Hawks do it because the current roster looks good on paper but just do not mesh on the court (kind of like the guys we are trading). They get to start fresh with two vets who can score and get another potential lottery pick. They have their own and could get the Kings pick if it falls outside of the lottery. By the time Ingram and CJ?s contract is up, they should have a solid young team and a ton of cap space as lagniappe.


    Would you do it? Why and why not?

    Yes, i did the trade in NBA 2K and the Pels are unstoppable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Links don't work. Fanspo works better for trades anyway.

  23. #73
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,502
    The problem with Dejounte is that he's basically CJ if you look at stats, and while his defense years ago was very good, he's been terrible the last couple years. So, he is five years younger and has slightly better contract extension #s, but I don't see that being "the" move. I kind of like the idea of Trae Young though, even though his defense is also terrible.

  24. #74
    Dont want Trey Young.

  25. #75
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,502
    The argument for Trae is his energy, scoring and very high assist #s.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •