.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Trade Machine Alert: Make Zion?s dream come true? Trade him to Knicks?

  1. #1

    Trade Idea Trade Machine Alert: Make Zion?s dream come true? Trade him to Knicks?

    Since some on here are dome with Zion, what could we get in trade with Knicks?

    RJ Barrett and Brunson for Zion! Ok maybe that won?t work but what could we get besides Barrett in a trade?

  2. #2
    With his play and his contract, his value has never been lower. As 'Frey-man' said, we may just have to walk away empty in order to re-tool.

    Nobody is going to tie up a quarter of their salary cap on this train wreck and give us quality compensation to do so.

    DEFENSE...DEFENSE...DEFENSE!!!

    Start:

    ..CJ..Herb..BI..3M3..JV

    ...for the foreseeable future. Let # 197 marinate ib his mess for awhile.

  3. #3
    Any comment you make about Z is tainted because you just hate the guy. That said, I know there are a few GM's and HC's that are saying to themselves " I can fix this guy and he'll be a generational talent, I can bring him to my big market and he'll be the star I know he can be " And they will pay for him

  4. #4
    If Zion wants to go to Lakers we can ask for a ton of draft picks again

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    Any comment you make about Z is tainted because you just hate the guy. That said, I know there are a few GM's and HC's that are saying to themselves " I can fix this guy and he'll be a generational talent, I can bring him to my big market and he'll be the star I know he can be " And they will pay for him
    That is what I’m thinking. Give me Jimmy Butler and the Miami Heat can have Zion

  6. #6
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,502
    1. Somebody will definitely pay. 2. It won’t be the Lakers because they don’t have tons of draft picks to trade.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    Any comment you make about Z is tainted because you just hate the guy. That said, I know there are a few GM's and HC's that are saying to themselves " I can fix this guy and he'll be a generational talent, I can bring him to my big market and he'll be the star I know he can be " And they will pay for him
    Hate is a pretty strong word there, Hoss. Like you, my friend, I try to give an honest opinion of his play as a basketball player...unblemished by intrinsic personal biases or whacky fandom dreams and hopes. I can't possibly hate him, as I don't know him. I could very much love to have him as a son-in-law, but at the same time not want him within ten miles of my church league team.

    I realize I take my hits from you, and others like you, who can't seem to differentiate between the basketball player and the person. You should know by now that I am proud to be resolute in my basketball opinions and unthwarted by the general consensus of the casual fan...like yourself. But, I assure you, I do not know him, so hate is definitely not an option for me. The fact that you accuse me of such says far more about you than it ever will about me.

    It is interesting, though, that most (if not all) of what I have proffered, thus far, about #1's 'on-the-court' play and the effect his monstrous, unwarranted contract has on the future of this organization is playing out.

    In closing....

    In 2019 it was # 1
    In 2020 it was Anthony Edwards
    In 2021 it was Cade Cunningham
    In 2022 it was Pablo Banchero
    In 2023 it's Victor Wembanyamba

    Rank 'em. Let us all know how you rate the last five overall # 1 NBA Draft Picks.

  8. #8
    Charter Member PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    23,166
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Hate is a pretty strong word there, Hoss. Like you, my friend, I try to give an honest opinion of his play as a basketball player...unblemished by intrinsic personal biases or whacky fandom dreams and hopes. I can't possibly hate him, as I don't know him. I could very much love to have him as a son-in-law, but at the same time not want him within ten miles of my church league team.

    I realize I take my hits from you, and others like you, who can't seem to differentiate between the basketball player and the person. You should know by now that I am proud to be resolute in my basketball opinions and unthwarted by the general consensus of the casual fan...like yourself. But, I assure you, I do not know him, so hate is definitely not an option for me. The fact that you accuse me of such says far more about you than it ever will about me.

    It is interesting, though, that most (if not all) of what I have proffered, thus far, about #1's 'on-the-court' play and the effect his monstrous, unwarranted contract has on the future of this organization is playing out.

    In closing....

    In 2019 it was # 1
    In 2020 it was Anthony Edwards
    In 2021 it was Cade Cunningham
    In 2022 it was Pablo Banchero
    In 2023 it's Victor Wembanyamba

    Rank 'em. Let us all know how you rate the last five overall # 1 NBA Draft Picks.
    You don't hate him but somehow cannot even type his name. But you claim others have biases and not you.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    You're reaching.
    You're reaching!!!

    But I do find it interesting that you can't, or won't, refute the gist of my post. Thus far, I've been proven right far more than I've been proven wrong.

    It remains to be seen how it all ultimately plays out, but I like my chances.
    Last edited by As I See It; 12-09-2023 at 08:46 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Hate is a pretty strong word there, Hoss. Like you, my friend, I try to give an honest opinion of his play as a basketball player...unblemished by intrinsic personal biases or whacky fandom dreams and hopes. I can't possibly hate him, as I don't know him. I could very much love to have him as a son-in-law, but at the same time not want him within ten miles of my church league team.

    I realize I take my hits from you, and others like you, who can't seem to differentiate between the basketball player and the person. You should know by now that I am proud to be resolute in my basketball opinions and unthwarted by the general consensus of the casual fan...like yourself. But, I assure you, I do not know him, so hate is definitely not an option for me. The fact that you accuse me of such says far more about you than it ever will about me.

    It is interesting, though, that most (if not all) of what I have proffered, thus far, about #1's 'on-the-court' play and the effect his monstrous, unwarranted contract has on the future of this organization is playing out.

    In closing....

    In 2019 it was # 1
    In 2020 it was Anthony Edwards
    In 2021 it was Cade Cunningham
    In 2022 it was Pablo Banchero
    In 2023 it's Victor Wembanyamba

    Rank 'em. Let us all know how you rate the last five overall # 1 NBA Draft Picks.
    When I say hate I mean as a player. BUT, I think your OPINION may be leaking into a PERSONAL opinion of the player. And of your rankings, how many of those players have missed as many games as Z ?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    When I say hate I mean as a player. BUT, I think your OPINION may be leaking into a PERSONAL opinion of the player. And of your rankings, how many of those players have missed as many games as Z ?
    Sounds like the Pelicans are getting annoyed by his behavior off the court. https://www.tmz.com/2023/12/08/repor...-diet-fitness/

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    When I say hate I mean as a player. BUT, I think your OPINION may be leaking into a PERSONAL opinion of the player. And of your rankings, how many of those players have missed as many games as Z ?
    You don't know me, so that is pure conjecture on your part.

    As for as games our guy has missed compared to the others, it's irrelevant to your argument. But, it certainly should be factored into any analysis of his play. If you can't go, your net value to the team is zero...as you are useless to the team.

    Just fill in the blank. To date, his play (or lack thereof), his conditioning (or lack thereof), and his effort (or lack thereof) has been ----------.

    It's long past time that we ALL face the facts as they are.

    If we could get Pablo Banchero straight up for him....sign me up.
    Last edited by As I See It; 12-09-2023 at 11:02 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •