Pelicans Report

Thread: Las Vegas Bound

Las Vegas Bound

Thanks, Mavericks!!

Basketball.

We will play the Golden St or Sacramento group winner. Game still going on right now.

Quote Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
    We will play the Golden St or Sacramento group winner. Game still going on right now.
    If Sacramento win by less than 46, it's New Orleans @ Sacramento.

If the Warriors win by less than 12, it's Sacramento @ New Orleans.

If Warriors win by between 12 and 27, it's Golden State @ New Orleans

If Warriors win by more than 28, it's New Orleans @ Golden State.

Just to break that down for people.

Whats the whole point of this?
    So now the Pel's have to play another game against a higher ranked team rather than a lower ranked team?

Whats the incentive here? 500k

We go to Sacramento.

Kings win by 1, it's Pels @ Sac

At least it's not against the Jazz...

Golden St should have played to just win at the end once they were not getting up by 12. Dumb by them and screws us from hosting.

Soooo, we play at least 83 games this year? With an extra game against Sac? I’m very confused here.

ETA: Each team will continue to play 82 regular-season games in the 2023-24 season, including those games that are part of Group Play and the Knockout Rounds.

Ok, this is very confusing. So for the knockout rounds, those are counted as part of the 82, but who we play is up in the air. So where do we lose games? Do we lose a home game because of this?

ETA again: Ok, so apparently, the 22 teams that don’t make the quarterfinals have two regular season games yet to be determined against two other teams that didn’t make the knockout round.

The teams that lost in the knockout round, I think have to play one more regular season game against one of the other teams that lost in the knockout round. I’m still not sure that this doesn’t hose us out of a home game however.
    Last edited by Freyfamilyreuni; 11-29-2023 at 10:12 AM.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Nothing more Pels like than losing to them in the tournament.

No one outside the media and min. salary players cares about this meaningless tournament

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Some people say the in-season tournament is more important than the end season championship.

Quote Originally Posted by b_l_p View Post
    No one outside the media and min. salary players cares about this meaningless tournament
    A lot of fans do. Seen a ton of people talking about how much the extra competition seems to have added to intensity this early in the season.

And Zion - who is neither media, nor on a min salary - has talked publicly about how much he thinks a team like the Pelicans (who have zero track record of winning anything) could benefit from the momentum of winning the tournament and getting more experience in those intense games.

So maybe you're the odd one out.

So if the warriors would have won yesterday by single digit, we would have faced the kings here in nola? So that could've been 3 times they would have to face us at home for the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    So if the warriors would have won yesterday by single digit, we would have faced the kings here in nola? So that could've been 3 times they would have to face us at home for the regular season.
    Yep, exactly.

That's fine. Got a bit tiring to hear those Kings excuses. Let's go beat them at their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    A lot of fans do. Seen a ton of people talking about how much the extra competition seems to have added to intensity this early in the season.

And Zion - who is neither media, nor on a min salary - has talked publicly about how much he thinks a team like the Pelicans (who have zero track record of winning anything) could benefit from the momentum of winning the tournament and getting more experience in those intense games.

So maybe you're the odd one out.
    Everyone I know who watches the NBA has said they couldn't care less. And, I've heard the media say there is increased intensity, but I haven't noticed it. The only change I've seen is the hack-a-Drummond the Celts did up 30 (embarrassingly).

But, if you have spoken to fans who care about it, then I stand corrected

I’ve definitely noticed us playing harder.

Fools gold?

Thread Information