Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: November 20th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - 6-7

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’ll give Zeller props. He works REALLY HARD
    Good passer too, plays the system to a T
    Basketball.

Herb and Dyson together in the starting lineup is a real thing.

You can’t teach motor. I wasn’t convinced by Zeller early, but the guy works so damned hard. We keep getting bodies back and he becomes even more valuable as he just has to do the dirty work.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Hey Willie never put Earl Robinson in lieu of Zeller again
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    But everyone wants to trade him? Probably, including Willie.
    And that is what makes WG NOT HC material

There you go Hawk

Zeller with the drive and Hawk with the finish. Two of the hardest workers in the side it’s poetic

Cody looks like a legit backup

Quote Originally Posted by djrnno View Post
    And that is what makes WG NOT HC material
    And the sole reason most people want to trade JV is that WG won't play him. Nothing to do with JV himself.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jeeez Zion

We are up 37 against a team that's 4th in the West coming into tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Jeeez Zion

Beautiful

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    This game has been really fun.

Every Pels starter was a +28 or better tonight.

They all had at least 3 assists.

None of them had more than 1 TO.

Just saw 3M3 on the bench. Looks like he's chomping at the bit. This system was is tailor-made for him.

Having Herb and Dyson together lets you get away with Zion, Jonas, and BI against perimeter oriented offenses. Then on offense Zion and JV should be able to pummel those type of teams. And BI should feast on open looks without having to force it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We are up 37 against a team that's 4th in the West coming into tonight.
    I think it’s safe to say we have underperformed missing bodies or not. But I will take our record as we have played the champions twice as well as Minny twice already. Also Atlanta who is almost always a nightmare for us. It should get better with the bodies coming back and we have weathered the storm.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I think it’s safe to say we have underperformed missing bodies or not. But I will take our record as we have played the champions twice as well as Minny twice already. Also Atlanta who is almost always a nightmare for us. It should get better with the bodies coming back and we have weathered the storm.
    There have been plenty of legitimate reasons to be frustrated with this team so far this season.

But we've also lost the 3rd most games due to injury in the league, and had the 2nd hardest strength of schedule iirc, so given all of that, 7-7 after 14 games isn't bad.

Especially when you're 3-1 in your last 4 games, which were all against 4 of the top 5 seeds in the conference and your only loss was to the 1 seed by 1 point.

And the sole reason most people want to trade JV is that WG won't play him. Nothing to do with JV himself.
    JV has always been at worst the 4th best best player on this team. WG is just too blind and stubborn to see it , AND treats him like the red-headed stepchild

JV has always been at worst the 4th best best player on this team. WG is just too blind and stubborn to see it , AND treats him like the red-headed stepchild
    IDK if that's gonna be true when/if everyone is healthy, but I get what you're saying

Is the better than Zion, BI, CJ, Herb, and Trey if Trey comes back like himself from the end of last season? Not sure. But it's a testament to the depth of the team, rather than a condemnation of JV, who is awesome. No shame to be 6th best on a team with:

- Zion (MVP ceiling when he's at his best)
    - BI (all-star)
    - CJ (all-star)
    - Herb (DPOY calibre defender)
    - Trey (potential allstar)

IDK if that's gonna be true when/if everyone is healthy, but I get what you're saying

Is the better than Zion, BI, CJ, Herb, and Trey if Trey comes back like himself from the end of last season? Not sure. But it's a testament to the depth of the team, rather than a condemnation of JV, who is awesome. No shame to be 6th best on a team with:

- Zion (MVP ceiling when he's at his best)
    - BI (all-star)
    - CJ (all-star)
    - Herb (DPOY calibre defender)
    - Trey (potential allstar)
    I get ya , but JV RARELY has a BAD game but all of those guys have had multiple bad games

There have been plenty of legitimate reasons to be frustrated with this team so far this season.

But we've also lost the 3rd most games due to injury in the league, and had the 2nd hardest strength of schedule iirc, so given all of that, 7-7 after 14 games isn't bad.

Especially when you're 3-1 in your last 4 games, which were all against 4 of the top 5 seeds in the conference and your only loss was to the 1 seed by 1 point.
    To support my point:

I get ya , but JV RARELY has a BAD game but all of those guys have had multiple bad games
    He's super consistent. Legitimate professional; he plays NBA all season, then goes and plays international ball every off-season and has done basically his entire career. Dude is never rusty or out of form.

38 assists on 50 made shots tonight.

Thread Information