Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: November 20th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - 6-7

Pelicans November 20th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - 6-7

Here's the injury report:

New Orleans point guard Jose Alvarado (right ankle sprain) and forward Matt Ryan (right calf soreness) are listed as questionable ahead of Monday's 7 p.m. home contest against the Sacramento Kings (7-4). Five players are listed as out: CJ McCollum (right lung small pneumothorax), Trey Murphy (left knee partial meniscectomy), Larry Nance Jr. (right rib fracture), E.J. Liddell (G League assignment) and Dereon Seabron (G League two way).
    As you can see, Jose is listed as questionable but seems very much confident he'll be playing; meanwhile, Zion has been removed from the injury report so we can also assume he'll be playing now that back to back is over. Meanwhile, Matt Ryan is listed as questionable and I have no idea whether he'll play - I hope so.

Everyone else is as expected at this point

Let's hope that the galvanising force of Jose's return, combined with the ongoing momentum of Herb's return, and the added scoring threat of a returning Zion, can lift us over the Kings. Fingers crossed.
    Basketball.

Make Sabonis play; feed JV, and feed him often. Don't give Sabonis the night off.

--AND--

Press Fox from the outset. We don't need him fresh in the 4th quarter.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Make Sabonis play; feed JV, and feed him often. Don't give Sabonis the night off.

--AND--

Press Fox from the outset. We don't need him fresh in the 4th quarter.
    they played last night, so we should run them off the court early today if the team we have been seeing lately show up tonight......jose should bring some extra energy to the team that we end this game in the 3rd...i hope..

Just something I saw on twitter that's pretty nice to see. PG13 shouted out Herb as a DPOY candidate last year too.

Transcript:

This young guy, I think, is a dark horse and hasn't really been talked about in this rookie race, obviously with Chet and Wemby being the top two guys. This kid has found his game, he's found his rhythm, found his home, and I've been a fan of him ever since he was training at Pro-Active this summer; Jordan Hawkins. Shooter, shooting guard, plays for the New Orleans Pelicans, really good, really good player, really good kid, shoot the s**t out of it. He's got the Michael Redd, young Ray Allen. Just sharpshooter, he can shoot the hell out of it, he's a scorer, he was a scorer when he was at UConn, so, y'all pay attention to Jordan Hawkins.

Matt Ryan update.

It's 2 weeks, y'all. Two weeks. We know what that means.

Lol. I'm kind of surprised they haven't brought EJ back from G league assignment yet, with Nance's injury. Is there some minimum amount of time he has to spend there if he's assigned? I didn't think there was. You think he could have been some help against the T-Wolves bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Lol. I'm kind of surprised they haven't brought EJ back from G league assignment yet, with Nance's injury. Is there some minimum amount of time he has to spend there if he's assigned? I didn't think there was. You think he could have been some help against the T-Wolves bigs.
    Speaking of the G League, keep an eye on Devin Cannady. He's a player.

Starting the game off 7/7 from the floor.

I'm going to guess that if we shoot 100% the rest of the game, we'll win.

Jonas with 5 assists already, just finding everyone.

Herb missed a shot, 100% potential ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Starting the game off 7/7 from the floor.

I'm going to guess that if we shoot 100% the rest of the game, we'll win.

Jonas with 5 assists already, just finding everyone.
    Making Sabonis work.

Kings getting a lot of friendly calls on our home court

Jose is back

Cmon Brandon keep the ball moving

Not sure why Jonas is sitting already

Desperately need to generate more threes. We're shooting better than them from the floor, but the fact that they have more attempts overall (due to points off turnovers) and thhose extra shots are all threes means that they're keeping it close.

2 3PAs in 10 minutes in the NBA in 2023 doesn't cut it.

God Robinson Earl is becoming the new Garret Temple

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Strong defense by Zion to stop the drive and get a block. Robison Earl needs to never be seen on the court again

Not sure why Dyson and Herb sitting at the same time.

Turnovers and shot selection, losing us the game right now.

Why does Willie like playing cruddy basketball players?

The reserves didn't deliver at all despite Hawk four point play.

The Robinson Earl minutes are on Willie

Cody Zeller is plus five in a minute and a half.

Defensive rebounding is rearing its ugly head again

Yea not having Ryan as a 2nd 3 pt shooter is hurting

Thread Information