Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: November 18th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Minnesota Timberwolves - 6-6

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If anything they should have had Herb on Kat since he has a longer reach and has a penchant for blocking/bothering shots. Dyson is more of a steals guy.

Herb can also handle so they should have let him control the offense and played BI off ball when they started blitzing him.

This one really sucked. Watch the Pelicans end up one game from a higher seed.
    It’s funny how we as message board fans can see stuff the coach never sees. He does a ton of boneheaded subs and things of that nature. Just a very frustrating season because the team should never be below 500.

If anything they should have had Herb on Kat since he has a longer reach and has a penchant for blocking/bothering shots. Dyson is more of a steals guy.

Herb can also handle so they should have let him control the offense and played BI off ball when they started blitzing him.

I think Herb had fouled out

Basketball Guru

herb was done when they called that foul on him for grabbing gobert jersey going for that rebound......willie went with robinson -earl which had dyson on Kat for that game winner.....he should have matched zeller on Kat for that last play but im guessing that willie thought that Kat would stay outside and shoot a jumper but it was their final drive and Kat realized the mismatch with dyson and drove to the rim and scored....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    For as much hate as Zeller has received here, I feel like he's been more than ok compared to what I was expecting.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    For as much hate as Zeller has received here, I feel like he's been more than ok compared to what I was expecting.
    the short mins that he has been playing, he has been a positive in my book....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the short mins that he has been playing, he has been a positive in my book....
    He's played well; no more LNJ at center. Play LNJ behind # 197 if you want, but no more center minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    He will scrap. He isn’t terrible but he doesn’t really provide much apart from setting screens and the basics. But in his defense he tries hard which can’t be said for a lot of players. If we can get everyone healthy, we won’t really need him to do too much.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    He will scrap. He isn’t terrible but he doesn’t really provide much apart from setting screens and the basics. But in his defense he tries hard which can’t be said for a lot of players. If we can get everyone healthy, we won’t really need him to do too much.
    You can't coach 6'7" to be 7"0' tall when you need 7'0" tall.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    You can't coach 6'7" to be 7"0' tall when you need 7'0" tall.
    True. But backup big is definitely on the list of “Need to upgrade ASAP.”

Thread Information