Pelicans Report

Thread: Seriously...Dame???

Question Seriously...Dame???

What in your honest opinion do you think it would take to get Dame from Portland? I continue to read reports/rumors about teams like Toronto being interested. I feel like New Orleans has the best trade assets to make a deal, but what would you give that Portland would except?

Multiple Picks? Dyson? Lewis? Marshall? EJ? Nance?

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    What in your honest opinion do you think it would take to get Dame from Portland? I continue to read reports/rumors about teams like Toronto being interested. I feel like New Orleans has the best trade assets to make a deal, but what would you give that Portland would except?

Multiple Picks? Dyson? Lewis? Marshall? EJ? Nance?
    Unless they (or a 3rd team) would take CJ, I see no reason to even think about it. Not sure I want his contract at his age- 4 more years/$172 million for a 33 year old. That is a huge risk both in cash/cap and assets it would take to get him. CJ has 3 years/$100 million left on his deal, so that would mitigate the risk a bit.

It would take me giving up any hope of a chip in the next 10 years.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Unless they (or a 3rd team) would take CJ, I see no reason to even think about it. Not sure I want his contract at his age- 4 more years/$172 million for a 33 year old. That is a huge risk both in cash/cap and assets it would take to get him. CJ has 3 years/$100 million left on his deal, so that would mitigate the risk a bit.
    Not just a 33 year old, but a tiny 33 year old who, at his defensive peak, still never got better than neutral. Who also doesn't function well without the ball in his hands 90% of the time.

Thread Information