Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Murphy injures meniscus

Breaking News Murphy injures meniscus

Woj:

ESPN Sources: New Orleans Pelicans G Trey Murphy III suffered a meniscus injury to his left knee during a workout today and will undergo further testing. It is immediately unclear whether he?ll require surgery.

UGH!

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Now we talking. Was waiting for something stupid like this to happen. Only pelicans players play harder in the off-season.
    Last edited by Fedupfan; 09-05-2023 at 02:29 PM.

Jordan Hawkins will have to play early and often.

and..

Come out blazing.

Ugh. Especially considering he’s our only primary spot up shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Ugh. Especially considering he’s our only primary spot up shooter
    With this 3M3 news, KL2 may get a reprieve. If KL2 can shoot like he did last year (on volume), he won't be going anywhere.

Bout time. Was worried armegeddon was upon us.

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    This means one of Zion or BI can stay healthy throughout the season, right? Like. TMIII appeased the gods as tribute?
    BI, Zion, and CJ had a net rating of +3 when on the court together. BI and Zion had a +13.4, BI and CJ had a +13.2, Zion and CJ was just +5.4.

BI and Zion worked. BI and CJ worked. It was CJ and Zion and all three together that didn't work.

Out for the year? If not, he will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Out for the year? If not, he will be.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    This means one of Zion or BI can stay healthy throughout the season, right? Like. TMIII appeased the gods as tribute?
    Did the team decide to make him a sacrifice to the injury gods in hopes they keep the stars healthy all year?

Inquiring minds want to know!

In hindsight, would the team be better served today with JHart and NAW or CJ and LNJ. If the trade had never been made we also would have retained two 2nd round draft picks.

I choose JHart and NAW based on upside, age, and money.

The one true shooter we have and we've lost him. NO teams are forever injured.

NAW is trash. We don't have roster slots for 2nd rounders unless you strike gold (aka Herb). If the team stops missing on first rounders we would be great, but we suck tail at drafting. The team had to make the CJ trade to show our stars we are trying to compete because I'm sure BI and Zion would've asked for trades.
    Actual proof Greivis Vasquez can throw Anthony Davis an Alley-OOP on an (kinda) fastbreak!

Had surgery for a partially torn meniscus and the timeline is 10 to 12 weeks. See you next year TM3...

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1...p4hxFAewA&s=19

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Mentally I’m expecting him back playing games early January. That’s not the end of the world. We can survive. Extra minutes to go around could benefit some of the other guys.

I can’t even get upset anymore. What happens will happen

Snarky Optimistic Guy msusousaphone's Avatar
    For any lurkers new to the forum, 10 to 12 weeks is Pels Media for 36 to 40 weeks.

For any lurkers new to the forum, 10 to 12 weeks is Pels Media for 36 to 40 weeks.
    I expect announcement after 10 weeks that something went wrong and he will need a "bit" longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrakar View Post
    I expect announcement after 10 weeks that something went wrong and he will need a "bit" longer.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Unfortunately

And there is no timeline for his return...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    In hindsight, would the team be better served today with JHart and NAW or CJ and LNJ. If the trade had never been made we also would have retained two 2nd round draft picks.

Is this a troll post?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Is this a troll post?
    No, not at all. Only a closed-minded, Kool-Aid drinking connoisseur would think so, but, of course, it takes all kinds. I gave my valid reasons; sorry if you think they are illegitimate.

Two aging NBA veterans with very little upside vs a couple of younger. cheaper, veterans with potential upside seems like a no-brainer to me....especially if you factor in the other goodies we forfeited to make the trade. Today we find ourselves hamstrung with our current roster with no cap room to improve. These are just facts.

And you wonder if I'm a troll? LOL

I guess I can see the argument. Hart has a lot of qualities that most good teams need. NAW to me will never amount to much, but that is my opinion. For the way this team is built and our current players, I think CJ and Nance fit better. We desperately need shooters around Zion and BI and Hart does not offer that. We also have Herb and Dyson for defensive purposes, so not a much of a need for Hart (although I really like what Hart brings from energy and rebounding).

No, not at all. Only a closed-minded, Kool-Aid drinking connoisseur would think so, but, of course, it takes all kinds. I gave my valid reasons; sorry if you think they are illegitimate.

Two aging NBA veterans with very little upside vs a couple of younger. cheaper, veterans with potential upside seems like a no-brainer to me....especially if you factor in the other goodies we forfeited to make the trade. Today we find ourselves hamstrung with our current roster with no cap room to improve. These are just facts.

"potential upside" is a really funny way to say they're not good

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    "potential upside" is a really funny way to say they're not good
    I could argue that our # 1 has a 'potential upside' that hasn't been realized and, further, that JHart has certainly been a much bigger contributor to every team he has played for by comparison, regardless of the reason. but why bother? I guess its all in the eye of the beholder.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Yes. So glad you were able to put that together.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 10-02-2023 at 06:47 PM.

Thread Information